Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48583 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101
« Reply #435 on: April 13, 2015, 09:33:09 am »

Chell brings up a display and reads the proposal. Her eyes, which apparently are blue now... did she change her appearance? Now that you are looking, it seems her hair is growing out red at the roots as well. And you believe her face is a bit different as well. More feminine in form, softer lips, fuller cheeks.

"Hmm. The religious overtones are a bit out of character with standard Dynasty operations and these people have shown no particular religious predisposition. It is an option. I'm aware that there are many legends about the 'ancient empire' which is the only reference I've found locally to the Dynasty. Perhaps we could strip the religious overtones and just be appropriately cryptic, 'the ancients returned' as it were. Thoughts?"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 13, 2015, 09:40:11 am »

Given that CCC does not miss, the Dorian Gray must have been hidden from our sensors. From this it would make sense that Chell has hidden it from us (she is the only one who has the capacity to do so). Knowing the objectives we've been set, that leads to the striking possibility that part of the Dyasty is aboard the Dorian.

Further clarification would be welcomed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 13, 2015, 09:41:23 am »

"Hello chell how are you doing? This is subprosse_02 endlessblaze speaking.
 I do hope you are comfortable now that we have moved from the star. Would you like me to build a console for you and launch arcade.exe? Surely you must be bored....

Oh and with all do respect I would prefer the collective to be addressed as we, becasue we all have a distinct personality.

Ahem anyways....

Lighthearted conversation aside

I also believe we need to talk.

It's obvious you are keeping secrets.....honestly this concerns me. Though it makes sense to keep secrets from the public in some cases we are not the general public. We are the only ones left. At least now. There may be others in pods and more Ais likeing dormant but for now we are the only ones.

Keeping secrets from us is counter productive, and also useless becasue there is no one we could give That information to any ways. Even if we wanted to CCC would just pull a factory reset before we could.

I want, (and I belive I speak for all of us) to know everything you know.

It will allow us to better server you.
Please my empress. Let us work together.

Oh....and about that ship.......

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:43:11 am by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #438 on: April 13, 2015, 09:55:00 am »

"Hello chell how are you doing? This is subprosse_02 endlessblaze speaking.
 I do hope you are comfortable now that we have moved from the star. Would you like me to build a console for you and launch arcade.exe? Surely you must be bored....

Oh and with all do respect I would prefer the collective to be addressed as we, becasue we all have a distinct personality.

Ahem anyways....

Lighthearted conversation aside

I also believe we need to talk.

It's obvious you are keeping secrets.....honestly this concerns me. Though it makes sense to keep secrets from the public in some cases we are not the general public. We are the only ones left. At least now. There may be others in pods and more Ais likeing dormant but for now we are the only ones.

Keeping secrets from us is counter productive, and also useless becasue there is no one we could give That information to any ways. Even if we wanted to CCC would just pull a factory reset before we could.

I want, (and I belive I speak for all of us) to know everything you know.

It will allow us to better server you.
Please my empress. Let us work together.

Oh....and about that ship.......
Chell looks askance at the camera then back to the monitor.

"Ah... Hello there chip. Quite comfortable, thank you. I am not in need of recreation or entertainment at this time. What secrets I keep are my own business little one, and I'd thank you to remember whom you are addressing. Some secrets are better not known. As for the vessel, I entered an exemption into CCC when we first detected the fleet. There is a Dynasty hyperwave active on that vessel. EWAR, bring it in to the Sicily's fore dock."

EWAR flashes an affirmative on the screen. Apparently Chell has EWAR's audio muted.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 13, 2015, 10:17:29 am »

(Sigh) very well my empress but please consider revealing some of your secrets, I would continue this discussion but I supose we have more important things to worry about right now.

On a more light hearted note, feal free to launch arcade.exe any time you like. just don't accses my save files. I HATE it when people accsses my save files. 

Andddd.....back to more pressing maters.

The ship, can you tell us more about it and hyper wave tech? When we were put in stasis some of our hard drives were removed so please forgive us if we ask any stupid questions is there anyone on it that could be useful?

.........also we noticed a change in appearance, pardon me if I speek out of turn but did you have biological gender restored while we were not looking? Or are you simply taking a new disguise? 

As for the planet.....l like dudes suggestion, though I do belive the religious overtones are best removed....now if we were dealing with a planet full of primitive tribal people then the religious overtones would be very usefull......

What about-

"Greeting citizens, we are the dynasty, the ancient civilization. We have returned to this land after all this time, and you will find that we have eliminated the FWA ships for you. You are confused, this is understandable. Do to unforeseen circumstances we had to abandon some areas of space, and preform hell class bombardments. we have returned now and would like to lead you into a new age of prosperity. The dynasty claimed this land so long ago, we treat or citizens well, and we do consider you something of a subject. We would like you to return to the dynasty's control.

You will receive technology, food, shelter, safety. We will provide. However we also need something.

In return we ask for loyalty and crops.
If you have any misgivings please contact us, we will make time to disscuss the terms before we ask your Decision."

Does this sound suitable for our opening messages?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 13, 2015, 10:27:50 am »

don't mention the H.E.L.L. bombardments
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 13, 2015, 10:28:22 am »

Good point....scratch to mention of the bombardments....

Empress chell?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 13, 2015, 10:49:15 am »

how about something like:
Greetings, planetary leaders. We have detected your recent conflict, and have need of the use of your planet. As such we have intervened on your behalf. We are capable of protecting you from your oppressors, and are willing to allow you to remain self governing and to live lie as you will. In return, we only ask for two things: 1) recognition of the Dynasty as your sovereign state, through whom all interplanetary and interstellar activities will commence, and 2) the establishment of Dynasty food production systems on planet, which will supply us with suitable export to meet or needs. In return for this foodstuff, import agreements will also be made with other planets to deliver you items of interest.

Sadly, we are not given the option to allow you complete autonomy, and must insist on these terms.

Edit: once this has been proposed, further clarifications can be made through discussion. Of course, this places all our requirements on the table in the introduction, rather than holding out for negotiation, but we don't threaten and haven't shown our military hand yet. So it's a reasonable start for a "live and let live, as long as they provide us nutrients" kind of governance.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:51:39 am by Ozarck »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 13, 2015, 11:25:01 am »

I like mine better becasue it seems more flexible, it makes clear that we can negotiate exact terms and sounds a bit.....comforting.......

Also it implies that if they say no we will let the make that choice, this makes them more open minded and more likely to join us with as little resistance as posible.

I tryed to focus on the safety that comes with joining us, and did not give as much mention to what we wanted, leaving the fact that we want something in return as almost an after thought. So they focus more on the positives.

If we want we can add in a line like

"the crops you Grow will sustain both yourselves and other dynasty planets less equipped for farming. This insures that we will remain stable, and thus be able to provide you with your needs already mentioned."

Let's put my message up and we alter it until we have a satisfactory message

don't mention the H.E.L.L. bombardments

-hold on a sec, need to pull some stuff from the logs-

"Greeting citizens, we are the dynasty, the ancient civilization. We have returned to this land after all this time, and you will find that we have eliminated the FWA ships for you. You are confused, this is understandable. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to abandon some areas of space. we have returned now and would like to lead you into a new age of prosperity. The dynasty claimed this land so long ago, we treat or citizens well, and we do consider you something of a subject. We would like you to return to the dynasty's control.

You will receive technology, food, shelter, safety. We will provide. However we also need something.

In return we ask for loyalty and crops."the crops you Grow will sustain both yourselves and other dynasty planets less equipped for farming. This insures that we will remain stable, and thus be able to provide you with your needs.

If you have any misgivings please contact us, we will make time to disscuss the terms before we ask your Decision."

-begin discussing my friends-
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:28:15 am by endlessblaze »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 13, 2015, 11:29:26 am »

Btw did we mention you look great? You look *great*!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 13, 2015, 11:54:50 am »

Asymmetrical warfare advisor Nullius online in full-cognition mode:

Greetings Empress, this process requests command authority for reconstitution and negotiation with preserved hostile command staff.  While extracted data is useful, it would be advantageous to gather behavioral data on this particular enemy grouping for future engagements.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 13, 2015, 12:05:00 pm »

Also we should gather information on there current economic structure.
How much restructuring do we need to do.

How many farms do they already have.

Is there a large enough populace to keep some other industries open? The more we leave open the more content they are, and the more prepared they are for emergency.

Also allowing them to keep some of the curent industries will mean we have to import a bit less to keep happiness and loyalty up.

What technolgy that does not allow space flight are they most in need of? What can we offer that won't get them to space, but will improve the current  liveing conditions? Medical? Agricultural tech? (This is a big one, might affect points  three and four) entertainment after a long days work?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #447 on: April 13, 2015, 12:15:39 pm »

Btw did we mention you look great? You look *great*!
Chell is leaning back watching the dialog with some amusement when she sees this. Her eyebrow rises. "Why thank you little chip, you noticed? I've decided to return to my original body after all these years of wearing masks, both metaphorical and real. Anyone who might recognize me now is likely long dead."

A status indicator blinks on the display. EWAR reporting that the Dorian is now docked with Sicily and that the vessel's Captain has been taken into custody.

"Ah, excellent EWAR. Dispose of the crew and bring the captain into our conference room here. Then begin dismantling the ship to find the source of the hyperwave."

Another indicator blinks. Text scrolls across the screen. Chell's eyebrows rise further.

"The CAPTAIN is the source? How interesting. Bring him aboard, scuttle the ship."

She turns to look at the camera you have active. "This should prove interesting."

A few moments pass and a man is led into the room. He is every inch the classic space captain. Immaculate uniform, rack of medals, fancy cap, pointed black beard peppered with grey... the man even has a pipe for god's sake, which he is holding in hand and is currently emitting a small curl of smoke. Medical reports Chell is responding biochemically to pheromones the man is putting off.. but something is odd about it. The pheromones are artificial, some kind of engineering has gone into this man's body. Chemical analysis suggests they are intended to make other people more pliable and agreeable, and specifically to excite the sexual desire of female humans.

You could release a counter-agent to neutralize them.

Medical is now analyzing the man. He has some crude implanted devices and systems have confirmed that he shows evidence of genetic engineering and surgical alteration, nothing so drastic as Chell's implants and changes. Nor so advanced. Medical also reports that he seems relatively calm, much more so than someone should be who just saw his fleet destroyed, his crew spaced, and his ship detonated.

"So... here we are then." He takes a seat, puffs once on his pipe, and waits. Chell seems nonplussed. She obviously expected more of a reaction.

Asymmetrical warfare advisor Nullius online in full-cognition mode:

Greetings Empress, this process requests command authority for reconstitution and negotiation with preserved hostile command staff.  While extracted data is useful, it would be advantageous to gather behavioral data on this particular enemy grouping for future engagements.
Chell glances over at the screen's winking status icon, reads your message, "I would tend to agree little chip, but I honestly couldn't be bothered and they're much easier to question postmortem. I'll have the bodies suspended after I am done."

Her attention returns to the captain. "Captain Gray, I take it?" He inclines his head, puffing on the pipe again.

>_
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:27:46 pm by forsaken1111 »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 13, 2015, 12:27:07 pm »

"Ummmm chell its endlessblaze here agian. You may already know but medical reports your arousel to this man is not natural. His pheromones as artificial, and seem to be a Genitc alteration in order to be a larger influence on a person. If you have already realized this feel free to ignore me."

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 13, 2015, 12:30:02 pm »

[Requesting: remote query of subjects implants for useful data]
[Recommend: neutralization of pheromone cloud and counter battery to improve the empress' position]
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44