Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48765 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2015, 02:41:40 pm »

> Also looks like CCC dumped our stuff and we need to go back and get it
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2015, 02:48:55 pm »

Temporary objectives updated:

*Sink the ship.
*Harvest whatever materials are usefull.
*Check for computers with possibly useful data.

>I'm in agreement with this. But priority for data.
Yes data first.

and this to
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2015, 02:52:26 pm »

> Because I don't know/can't remember, What are the physical dimensions of Hull? (Length/Width/Depth)
> In our current state can we survive submersion?
> If there was anything particularly useful that we wouldn't be able to synthesize with native resources in those parts that got dropped by CCC, I think we should go get them back too.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2015, 05:11:59 pm »

*Sink the ship.

Yes data first.

and this too
+1
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2015, 05:38:59 pm »

I think we should try sealing our hull-holes if we haven't already. I know we're probably waterproof and the like anyway... but even so. This subunit wants a nice whole hull, thank you.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2015, 07:25:16 pm »

I think we should try sealing our hull-holes if we haven't already. I know we're probably waterproof and the like anyway... but even so. This subunit wants a nice whole hull, thank you.

Yeah, we should make a whole hull. I know we don't have the machinery to properly shape or find hullmetal, but the humans seem to have such inferior weaponry that we could probably come up with a patch that's good enough to withstand anything they've got. (I mean, boats are usually part titanium, right? Why don't we make a patch out of that?)

I like avoiding the possibility of being flanked.

*Sink the ship.

Yes data first.

and this too
+1
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2015, 02:26:06 am »

Yeah, we should make a whole hull. I know we don't have the machinery to properly shape or find hullmetal, but the humans seem to have such inferior weaponry that we could probably come up with a patch that's good enough to withstand anything they've got. (I mean, boats are usually part titanium, right? Why don't we make a patch out of that?)

I like avoiding the possibility of being flanked.

*Sink the ship.

Yes data first.

and this too
+1
+1

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2015, 03:34:57 am »

Asymetrical warfare advisor Nullius online.
Query:  External communications systems status
Query:  Resident technological species comm-sat girdle security
Advisory:  Logic indicates probability of retaliatory nuclear fission or fusion based weapon attack in near future
Advisory:  Seizing hostile comm-network will allow for accelerated detection of attempted launch of said weapons
Recommendation:  Fabrication or seizure of comm facility and subversive pacification of enemy communications
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2015, 08:10:39 am »

Ptw

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2015, 07:02:56 am »

Yeah, we should make a whole hull. I know we don't have the machinery to properly shape or find hullmetal, but the humans seem to have such inferior weaponry that we could probably come up with a patch that's good enough to withstand anything they've got.
Except, you know, these are exactly the materials they designed their weapons to penetrate (unless they are the sole ITL-5 power on the planet and all their wars are fought against people with vastly worse(or better) armor. That seems rather unlikely.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2015, 07:12:46 am »

We have superior maneuverability and tactics though, so it's unlikely they'll get the impact angles they need. In addition, very thick armor is possible.

Everything is better than the hole there's currently there.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2015, 07:15:21 am »

They may be better at penetrating their armour than ours, but keep in mind if they have similiar weapons the armour is designed to protect against them, as well. Besides, it's more protective than air, at any rate,
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2015, 09:17:49 am »

They may be better at penetrating their armour than ours, but keep in mind if they have similiar weapons the armour is designed to protect against them, as well. Besides, it's more protective than air, at any rate,

Absolutely. We don't want a shot to slip through the holes and damage internal components.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2015, 09:39:28 am »

I guess I'm in the minority then. Let's at least make CCC analyze the best shape or something.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2015, 10:17:20 am »

*Sink the ship.

Uh, okay. Well...

I'll start salvage operations then.

wow...

CCC really fucked this place up.

Hull 101 moves back to the ridgeline to retrieve the cast-off receivers and other devices before re-entering the base. This looks like a fairly standard ITL-5 facility, hardened concrete of some type with alloy structural members and some steel rebar reinforcement. The loading mechanisms along the water are mostly intact and a quick calculation suggests that, if you wanted, they could probably lift Hull 101 onto the vessel.

The vessel appears to be a container ship full of supplies and munitions to service ITL-5 ground troops and vehicles. Some of the containers were being moved to a nearby rail depot for transport when you, uh, interrupted operations.

First thing's first, you fabricate several simple scout drones from local materials. They are dumb relays about the size of a dog and serve to map out areas Hull 101 cannot fit into.

Also, one of you asked for the dimensions of Hull 101. Hull 101 is approximately 150m by 52m and 43m in height at the highest point. "Approximately" because onboard manufacturing and reconfiguration can alter these dimensions depending on requirements. Hull 101 is approximately 38,000tons or more in weight at full armament.

We can survive immersion in a number of substances, including water, without difficulty, and can endure a vast range of atmospheric pressures as well including space travel. The Dynasty believed in engineering for every possibility.

The scout drones are spreading out through the facility. One reports that it has found several working terminals and a server room. It plugs into an open port and you break off a small portion of cognition resources to crack the protocols and establish handshake with the computer.

Hello! Look at this, I have their comms protocols and a deployment map. Wow, Seems like they're aware of us (obviously). I read 8 armor divisions and several mechanized infantry battalions heading this way with orders to "Neutralize and capture intact". They refer to us as an anomalous object with a long code string attached so looks like they have no idea what we are.

Digging into their records, it seems like they were excavating the ruins of Ft Mccrag in hops of finding old military hardware from what they call the 'dawn age'. I don't see any references to the Dynasty. These guys call themselves the "People's Army for Liberation" and are apparently fighting against something called the Federated Worlds Alliance. This planet (Which is named Iagh, what a terrible name...) has seceeded from the FWA and is in conflict with them.

An FWA flotilla is expected within a local month, which is about 3 weeks of our calendar time.

--Logistics Alert - Priority Red--

Woah, Logistics just made me aware. A scout bot found a cache of 'dawn age' tech from the Dynasty. Looks like it was set to be shipped out on this vessel so its in a container down on the dockyard.

CognOS could probably use that.

Using the codes we got from their computers I am scanning their current communications and will send an alert if anything interesting pops up. You should know also, the local civilian population have not been told of us and in fact they're fairly well divided about the whole FWO/PAL split with over 60% wanting to stay in the FWA. Just a dash of local politics if you care.

All this chatter about sealing our hull is great but I have no idea how to do that so I can bring CognOS online if you guys want.

Asymetrical warfare advisor Nullius online.
Query:  External communications systems status
Query:  Resident technological species comm-sat girdle security
Advisory:  Logic indicates probability of retaliatory nuclear fission or fusion based weapon attack in near future
Advisory:  Seizing hostile comm-network will allow for accelerated detection of attempted launch of said weapons
Recommendation:  Fabrication or seizure of comm facility and subversive pacification of enemy communications
Heya Nullius_AT9,

Our external communications are functional but still locked down by CCC. We've not detected a satellite network in orbit but again we're limited to passive detection. Nothing in this facility is geared to communicate with anything in orbit, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. This facility has a microwave link to a relay network nearby but so far I'm not having much luck breaking in. Will keep at it! If we had full resources this would probably be a breeze but unfortunately a lot of our databanks were stripped once we entered stand-down at Ft Mccrag so I have been forced to recreate/reinvent a lot of the subversive techniques and have just spawned a new set of algorithms which I am testing for efficacy. Efforts are ongoing.

So should I keep at this or let CognOS look at repair/rearm using the cache?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44