Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827803 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5295 on: April 24, 2018, 07:26:41 am »

ah maybe I'm missing panels on the back. what constitutes "enclosed?" stuff I can't walk on? do my kitchen things count?
When you look at a vehicle in the examine menu it should say whether a tile of the car is in or out which means if the tile is exposed to the elements or not.

The things I remember being able to block rain are any roofs, boards, windshields, doors, and hatches, they only work if they have at least a three by three square of any of these items around one tile.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: April 24, 2018, 07:52:19 am »

damaged rooves will not stop all the rain.  they leak at about the same damage level as gas tanks.  yellow
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: April 24, 2018, 06:18:30 pm »

It seems like that downstairs is out of the reality bubble or something.
Correct, as long as you have the experimental z levels option off.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: April 25, 2018, 04:08:20 am »

So, I waited a week, but it just keeps getting colder
Maybe it needs to get to the start of the next season to reset to summer? Either that or switching to eternal seasons after world gen doesn't work.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: April 25, 2018, 07:18:07 pm »

So, would deleting the stuff for frostbite and such be sufficent to disable the negative effects? Or would it just break?

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: April 25, 2018, 07:55:12 pm »

Whats the best way to set up water purification in a car?
I've got two tanks, one with a funnel, another in the same spot as the chemlab for the tap. and I've got the foodco thingy to purify.
problem is, the funneled tank fills up with water, I can purify the tank, but there's no (easy) way to transfer the purified water out of the funneled tank into the other one, not without xfering it to another third tank not built into the vehicle.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: April 25, 2018, 08:02:05 pm »

It seems simple enough to siphon it into a barrel and back into the tank you wish to have it stored in, and I dont think there is any other way, @se5a.

@scourge728, If you really wish to ignore temperatures, there is a mutation you can cheat in, just search up "debug", and one of them will nullify temperatures, I believe.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: April 25, 2018, 08:51:34 pm »

It seems simple enough to siphon it into a barrel and back into the tank you wish to have it stored in, and I dont think there is any other way, @se5a.

@scourge728, If you really wish to ignore temperatures, there is a mutation you can cheat in, just search up "debug", and one of them will nullify temperatures, I believe.
Thank you very much

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: April 26, 2018, 01:54:15 am »

I feel like the game has suddenly gotten harder on me, feral hunters are now a challenge to kill, and are jumping about more than they used to where as before they were just a tad tricky.
and then there was the predator, couldn't get away from it.  smokers too, I used to be able to take out with the longbow and metal arrows, but now I always miss.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: April 26, 2018, 04:55:03 am »

feral hunters, predator
These things are one of the reasons I always carry a shotgun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: April 26, 2018, 09:59:15 am »

so, I'm giving the android port a try despite my severe dislike for a lot of the changes made cause there really isn't much in the single player survival front that's interesting.  Any tips before I get going?  The controls are a little wonky so far just navigating everything but I'm starting to get the hang of it

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: April 27, 2018, 09:33:34 pm »

I've got absolutely no idea what I did, but my char is hallucinating
EDIT: As it turns out, picking mutated poppies is causing it, even with a gas mask on

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: April 27, 2018, 11:35:32 pm »

The last time I picked a poppy, my character simply blacked out.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: April 28, 2018, 12:57:10 am »

Yeah that happened to me once too. is it picking them at a specific time of year?

I've finally gotten a welder installed on my electric car/van thing. found a book that brought my Mechanics up to 8 and i've got two large electric motors in it, four storage batteries, a bunch of solar panels, as well as all the kitchen stuff.

I just managed to escape an evening battle where I stayed too long and it got dark on me. thought I'd gotten most of them so hung around longer than I should have. then as I started making my way back I ran into a couple of toughs, fired the head torch up  which attracted a smoker, killed that, ran out of arrows and had to resort to my unsilenced rifle, that and the coughing from the smoker attracted even more, and I was out of stamina. managed to get away somehow though, killing most of them. got in my car and drove away a bit and tended to my wounds.

I've found a medic book which should bring my med up to 5. once that's done I might look at installing some of these bionics that I've collected from the zappers, brutes and technicians. 
any tips on medicating myself up for this? my stats are a boring 8 across the board, I know I can increase int by smoking. (if I chain smoke will it go up more than 1?)  but I need to find a drug that'll work as painkillers that wont decrease my int. how much painkillers am I going to need? I think meth will increase int too right? I've got a bit of low grade meth, and some adderall. 
Is there a list of what substances do what?

also, I made the simple flamethrower, then the small pressurized tank... only to find that the simple flamethrower takes a pressurized tank not a small pressurized tank. I don't have a non small pressurized tank in my rescipies what gives?

oh and I seem to have picked up a pet cat, however whenever it follows me into the vehicle and I try drive it seems to collide with it. it destroyed my godamn kitchen unit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:02:51 am by se5a »
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 451