Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827788 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5280 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:08 pm »

its mostly just the pain and slowness.
You get around it by not getting into combat.  I regularly move around my stationary bases like that, and almost always explore ice labs by bulking up and using guns.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: April 23, 2018, 06:59:51 pm »

So, I learned that you can just CHANGE the seasons and turn eternal seasons on in the worldoptions thing in the world, and I learned that only AFTER I transfered everything...

EDIT: It appears I broke something, because it is now snowing in the summer, and I don't know how to fix it

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: April 23, 2018, 07:37:19 pm »

Maybe it takes some time for the weather to update. Last time I looked at the debug menu, there was an overlay for the map showing weather patterns.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: April 23, 2018, 07:54:14 pm »

The weirdest part is it still has autumn temperatures, and I don't know how to fix it

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: April 23, 2018, 07:55:03 pm »

Wait a week, and weather will turn to normal.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: April 23, 2018, 08:03:32 pm »

I figured out how to batch make stuff, problem with that is if the fire goes out or you loose light, you get nothing.

Is that a recent change? Because I remember batch-making working if the fire goes out.

They finally decided to break that? Without adding the ability to tend to the fire automatically, which was universally regarded as a prerequisite for that?
yea, can confirm the interrupt crafting.  Should save your place, but idk

Oof. Report it then. Because that is a seriously playability problem.

It's really hard not to make a cheap shot now given, again, if the exploit was INTENTIONALLY fixed, whoever did so did not think about the whole "you literally have no control over keeping the fire going" thing.

Like it or not, that was a mistake on their part.

Related to this, really need the ability to have half constructed jobs. some items just take way too long to do in a single sitting. sledge hammer for instance is going to take me 8hr 40min (and I seem to have misplaced the one I found so looks like I'm going to have to make one first thing in the morning.)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: April 23, 2018, 08:20:24 pm »

I'm not an expert on sledgehammer manufacture, but I feel that 8 hours is somewhat excessive for a single sledgehammer

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: April 24, 2018, 12:00:13 am »

IKR....
no doubt I'll find one now that Ive made one.
I'm trying to find a welder now, or more importantly the recipe for a vehicle welder.
where am I likely to find those?
I figured the garage two towns over might be a good spot, but that had hardly anything in it.

I've now cleared two towns, and a mega mart of zeds, and got my solar car up and running. it has a RV kitchen and a chemlab in it (I found the chem lab in a 'mobile meth lab'), I'm just about ready to make that other kitchen buddy thing.
The vehicle I started off for the solar car was 4 x 6, and I'm kind of running out of room. I've put some more frames on the back, and once I've got mechanics 8 I'll stick a second electric motor in it, reinforce the front and make it wider.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: April 24, 2018, 12:31:11 am »

I figured out how to batch make stuff, problem with that is if the fire goes out or you loose light, you get nothing.

Is that a recent change? Because I remember batch-making working if the fire goes out.

They finally decided to break that? Without adding the ability to tend to the fire automatically, which was universally regarded as a prerequisite for that?
yea, can confirm the interrupt crafting.  Should save your place, but idk

Oof. Report it then. Because that is a seriously playability problem.

It's really hard not to make a cheap shot now given, again, if the exploit was INTENTIONALLY fixed, whoever did so did not think about the whole "you literally have no control over keeping the fire going" thing.

Like it or not, that was a mistake on their part.

Related to this, really need the ability to have half constructed jobs. some items just take way too long to do in a single sitting. sledge hammer for instance is going to take me 8hr 40min (and I seem to have misplaced the one I found so looks like I'm going to have to make one first thing in the morning.)
On a similar note, staring at wet concrete seems to be part of the construction time.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: April 24, 2018, 05:26:36 am »

why'm I getting wet inside my car. it has a roof... at least, it has roof where I am. does it need to be fully enclosed with panels or something?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: April 24, 2018, 05:45:28 am »

I'm not an expert on sledgehammer manufacture, but I feel that 8 hours is somewhat excessive for a single sledgehammer

Maybe. Tried looking it up, one source claimed they take 15-20 hours on a knife, up to a week if they're doing it from Damascus steel, though I think they also process the raw iron themselves. Here you're trying to work with steel scrap, which may be easier depending on what you're doing. Also, you have to make the handle, which requires some effort to cut the wood right. Normally, if making something complex like a sword, multiple smiths would make different parts of it. I distinctly remember that video of a village in Africa working together to mine, smelt, and finally process some iron into hoes. It took over 24 hours of work, but most of the time was actually smelting the iron overnight.

Marginally unrelated, but here's an interesting thing I found when looking it up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: April 24, 2018, 06:17:15 am »

why'm I getting wet inside my car. it has a roof... at least, it has roof where I am. does it need to be fully enclosed with panels or something?

needs roof or board on 4 sides.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: April 24, 2018, 06:54:56 am »

needs roof or board on 4 sides.
If your in a regular car and your door is open you can get wet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: April 24, 2018, 06:59:53 am »

ah maybe I'm missing panels on the back. what constitutes "enclosed?" stuff I can't walk on? do my kitchen things count?

also here's an odd thing, went down stairs. some monsters at the bottom, went back up. they didn't follow. light a matchhead bomb, went back downstairs and dropped it to the side, went back up stairs, spammed 5 a couple of times. nothing. waited 5 min. nothing. waited 5 min a couple more times. nothing. gave up, went back down stairs and stabbed the feral runner and the spider with my steel spear. just after I'd killed them, the damn bomb went off. didn't compleatly kill me, but I'd be waiting to heal for a few days. but eh. that's ok I quick saved prior to heading down there the first time so I save scummed.

It seems like that downstairs is out of the reality bubble or something.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 451