Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825864 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3600 on: July 29, 2016, 04:59:59 am »

The version at the bottom of this list is the newest of the new. Stable versions come when they come, but experimentals can come almost daily, with bugs fixed as fast as they are introduced. The bugs in 0.C are probably already fixed, so an experimental version could actually be more stable than a 'Stable' version.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: July 29, 2016, 10:50:05 am »

Yeah, in general after a month or so experimental versions tend to end up being more "stable" than the last stable version, with only occasional week-long or so breaks in that trend when something big gets merged for the most part (as well as gaining all sorts of new nifty features).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: July 29, 2016, 02:39:08 pm »

So. I got hit by some fire from a fire breathing young ant queen (Why fire!?) and my holster got instantly destroyed. So I picked up my tec-9, and my drop leg pouches then spontaneously combusted, causing items to fall out of my inventory. Except they didn't, they just vanished into the aether. One of them was my tec-9 which I had just picked up. Oh, also my backpack and boots say burnt despite being at reinforced durability. So uhh, yeah. fire is being weird with items.
You dont like fire breathing ants?

I dont like how clothing evaporates, i think theres a fix for that in the pipes.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: July 29, 2016, 07:34:15 pm »

So you can saw down the barrel of a shotgun, but can you saw off the stock? Was kinda hoping to get this double barrel small enough to fit in a fast draw holster.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: July 30, 2016, 03:32:02 am »

haha.  ^^

I remember rivtch short shotguns used to be both commoj and small enough to fit into ankle holsters
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: July 30, 2016, 06:46:33 am »

Oh yes, I liked those as a backup!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: July 30, 2016, 07:14:12 pm »

Ok, so I've been playing quite a bit of the lab challenge lately (because I want all the mutagen), and I found the documents to craft all the mutagens, but then got killed by the turret at the door :c. Anyone have either:

A. A strategy for killing the turret at the door?

or

B. Another way of getting mutagen/mutagen recipes/mutations easily?
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: July 30, 2016, 07:58:42 pm »

a nail bomb will kill it good if you can toss it .

a few pipe bombs too.
a  teleorter can get you out
sometimes labs will intersect sewers
throwing several manhacks at it to tie it down could work.

hell, even a secubot will go down to 3 or 4 good hits with a bashy weapon.
some people also grind up skills for a breakout
PKs DF Mod!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: July 30, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »

How does an L2 Defender with Flechette shells sound?

Although, that's mostly a horrible idea due to the fact that I would not be able to get in that range of the turret without being ripped to shreds.

On the bright side, spawned in a lab with almost no enemies, and have been just reading and developing mutations. Biggest issue as of now is food, but this lab is an ass to navigate.

EDIT: Nevermind! I vanquished the turret by huddling in one of the rooms beside it, regaining my health, and then charging at it with my MBR (Hard plates) vest and one Flechette shell. Victory! Now just to get out...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:59:02 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: August 01, 2016, 08:24:45 am »

Can we give blankets hoods and those mouth warmers when worn? I know I flip my blanket over my head when its cold, and it seems silly that my survivor has frostbite on his face and head when he's wandering about with two regular and two down blankets on.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: August 02, 2016, 09:16:17 am »

After many deaths I've managed to get a decent run going, living at a farm on day 29, I've managed to get a hold of two vehicles, a rather beat up pickup truck and an almost perfect condition SUV I found in a garage, the town I found the SUV in is the only one in the area that I know of, it seems nice, well, other then the giant wasp population and the shocker brute.

Currently working on getting a rock forge and a anvil built so I can start working on various things. I'll probably try and fish the river area near the town dry and preserve all the meat for the fun of it.

Things are going too well, this worries me greatly.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: August 02, 2016, 03:50:04 pm »

inb4 the Thriller
thincake

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: August 07, 2016, 11:26:05 pm »

In my latest game, I've turned on NPCs. My character is Martin Woodward, a near-sighted butler with a passion for parkour. My starting-shelter friend, Carmen Scott, seems to be a mechanic with a love of crossbows, and he agreed to come with me from the very start. He's been both helpful and a burden. At the start of the game, he made it much easier to take out zombies; him and I would tag-team the enemy, greatly increasing our survivability. Additionally, he made it much faster to take down and rebuild constructions, which made boarding up the safehouse much faster.

Then I procured an SUV and made a cross-county trip (:P) to the nearest refugee center. He got tired and spent most of the car ride sleeping in the back seat, so he missed the epic moves I pulled to dodge the lemming swarms in the nearby swamp. After quite a bit of wandering, I got my hands on a luxury RV, and our journey began in earnest. At first, he had this weird obsession with sitting in the driver's seat; I eventually realized it was because it was the only seat in the car with a seatbelt. Tearing some out of the SUV and putting them on the RV-compartment seats solved the issue. The RV has made it so I don't have to tell him to not engage enemies when we went for a drive, as before this he had this nasty habit of trying to jump out of the car to attack a zombie or whatever.

Unfortunately, as a side effect of me becoming so much more competent, he's become sort of a dead weight. Now he mostly just sits in the back while I read books and craft things. Every now and then he asks for food and water, which is hilarious because he'll go between things like "When are we eating?", "I'm mafuckin' hungry", and "Did you know lack of food kills faster than chain smoking?" in a matter of minutes. He also refuses to take off the ill-fitting rain coat I gave him; do NPCs agree to let you remove their clothes if they trust you enough?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lucidvizion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: August 08, 2016, 11:27:19 am »

... My character is Martin Woodward, a near-sighted butler with a passion for parkour. ...

I'm picturing a guy holding a silver platter of champagne glasses doing a one-handed side vault over a half-wall next to a water garden.  Wearing a tux, of course.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: August 08, 2016, 01:48:56 pm »

Is it just me or has performance tanked in the last few versions?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 451