Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825791 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1185 on: May 18, 2015, 07:32:14 pm »

I decided to give martial arts another go. Is Zui Quan any good if I'm playing with 13 int? Or should I stick with Krav Maga?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 19, 2015, 01:41:35 am »

I decided to give martial arts another go. Is Zui Quan any good if I'm playing with 13 int? Or should I stick with Krav Maga?

Overall, Krav Maga is more general purpose with its plethora of non-critical techniques, you get a 15% increase to damage based on your current strength as well as arm and leg blocks. It also buffs cutting weapons by 20% of their cutting damage, so it isn't totally limited to fighting unarmed or using special "unarmed" weapons.

Zui Quan allows you to dodge pretty much any number of normal melee attack while surrounded on all all sides, by enemies capable of multiple attacks per turn, as long as you've hit someone at least once. You also get a fairly good counter attack along with a buff to your dodge skill based on 12% of your current intelligence. You do lose out on blocking, but not getting hit at all is better than a damage reduction. It also lacks any critical hit techniques as far as I can tell.

Speaking of martial arts, the wiki seems to somewhat out of date on a fair number of them, unless there are stats outside of the techniques and martial arts json that I haven't found.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 19, 2015, 10:18:59 am »

Yeah, the wiki is outdated on pretty much every topic. I wouldn't recommend relying on it too much.

And also, thanks for the info.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 19, 2015, 10:44:43 am »

Fun thing I've noticed: you can activate a holy symbol. If you have the Spiritual trait, this will make you "pause for spiritual contemplation" and give you a small morale boost, stacking twice up to +10. It's not that much, but considering it can be done indefinitely at only a tiny cost of time, it's worth it.

So... how many Hit Die do the zombies have in this game? I need to know what my roll on a turning check needs to be.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 19, 2015, 11:05:27 am »

Considering a regular zombie has maybe 80 HP, and if we assume their HD is 1d12, we get 12,307... HD. This game doesn't use Charisma scores, so we assume your modifier is 0. This means you need to be level 9 to have a chance to turn a single zombie, or level 12 to have a better-than-even chance. As you get most things at around level 6 in most skills and the most top tier stuff at around level 10, turning undead is pretty pointless, because at the necessary levels you could just kill the zombie with a pillow.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:08:32 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 19, 2015, 11:50:40 am »

Considering a regular zombie has maybe 80 HP, and if we assume their HD is 1d12, we get 12,307... HD.
This really freaked me out until I realized you were probably using the ',' as a decimal point. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 19, 2015, 11:55:36 am »

Found a bug/missing-feature: wearing rubber gloves does not protect you from being shocked for striking a shocker zombie in unarmed combat. I just lost a character due to that.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 19, 2015, 12:04:23 pm »

Found a bug/missing-feature: wearing rubber gloves does not protect you from being shocked for striking a shocker zombie in unarmed combat. I just lost a character due to that.
Maybe you kicked the shocker? I don't think, though I really don't know how it looks in the code, combat tracks what bodyparts were used to attack. Probably could still insulate you if people are not willing to delve into combat that much.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 19, 2015, 12:28:48 pm »

More of a missing feature than a bug. I don't believe wearing rubber boots helps you much either right now.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 19, 2015, 12:58:39 pm »

Considering a regular zombie has maybe 80 HP, and if we assume their HD is 1d12, we get 12,307... HD.
This really freaked me out until I realized you were probably using the ',' as a decimal point. :P

Lol, me too.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 19, 2015, 01:47:20 pm »

More of a missing feature than a bug. I don't believe wearing rubber boots helps you much either right now.

I remember mentioning this earlier. Is it something that is planned to be added soon? I lost two characters because I assumed they would work IIRC.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 19, 2015, 01:54:02 pm »

As with anything in the development of C:DDA, we can "plan" all we want, but the actual development comes down to the whims of what the developers feel like/have time to work on at any given point in time :P. It's something simple, so it will probably happen sooner rather than later, but beyond that it's a total crapshoot.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 19, 2015, 02:12:16 pm »

Are there simple gas generators/the ability to power stuff without building a 'car' (yet)? I have not been paying strict attention to the development over the last couple months.
If not,
I am assuming that there is still no framework in place to (easily) mod a simple gas generator which can have things plugged into it, so my question would be is that on anyone's todo list? Alternatively, is it something that a completely inexperienced person (me) could attempt to do on his own, or is it likely too complicated for my zero skill?

Gas generators are just too synonymous with zombie apocalypse for me to live without them  8)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 19, 2015, 02:19:03 pm »

Nobody is working on it that I know of at the moment, partly because it's a rather complex thing, and the benefits gained are pretty small since you can do pretty much everything it would allow you to do with the current vehicle system.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 19, 2015, 02:25:04 pm »

Nobody is working on it that I know of at the moment, partly because it's a rather complex thing, and the benefits gained are pretty small since you can do pretty much everything it would allow you to do with the current vehicle system.
Thanks, Got it.
So by 'complex thing' I assume that means it is likely beyond my ability to reasonably do as a complete novice.

Its a shame, but I guess beggars can't be choosers :-)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 451