Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825808 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1170 on: May 17, 2015, 04:17:01 pm »

I'd like to note that there are actual limits on how bad your eyesight can be for certainly jobs in the american military (notably fighter pilots, though several others also have limits and the limit is definitely lower than 20/20).

Reference.

However I'd also like to note that the cost of putting a built-in system for correcting for eyewear needs into every single visor is going to cost a lot more than just having visor inserts that perform the desired modifications. As such it's much more likely that we will get visor inserts (which I've already added to my list of things to do) then it is that they would automatically correct for that.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 17, 2015, 04:29:35 pm »

Yeah, that's cool i2amroy, and I'm really not trying to turn this into a argument, so I am sorry about that forsaken.  Those are some interesting numbers on that page, I was at 20/30 and correctable to 20/15 (why they'd even bother figuring that out is beyond me) and I qualified for everything (decided to be a tanker tho', I'd rather have eighteen to twenty-four inches of armor between me and oncoming fire.)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 17, 2015, 04:55:36 pm »

and run away before the final grenade explodes.
Or take inventory of the timers they're all on and try to throw the explosives away :D
(disclaimer, it is intentionally not tuned to make sure this is a viable tactic, it can easily be impossible to not get caught in the blast if you try it, but the rewards of success are fairly good)
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 17, 2015, 11:25:44 pm »

Where I live, the army does screen conscripts into four groups:
  • A-grade troops are largely unhindered physically or mentally, and can apply for special forces and such. Power armoured supersoldiers would certainly be chosen from this grade.
  • B-grade troops have some correctable condition, most commonly eyesight requiring glasses or poor endurance. They may not become most kinds of special units, for example pilots or rangers.
  • C-grade troops have a long-term medical condition, physical or mental, and even regular service isn't as compulsory to them as it is to others.
  • The rest are not accepted into the army, for example due to a serious permanent disability requiring a wheelchair.
My insomnia puts me into grade C, but I'm pretty sure I'll go anyway, serve my country and all that.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 18, 2015, 02:39:28 am »

Can you use the hospital auto surgery unit (forgot its name) to do a corrective surgery? That would be neat.

Good point.

We could probably make a version of the power armor helmet with built-in glasses, what say you?

P.S. As an aside, diamond cornea CBM should remove eyesight traits.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 18, 2015, 02:42:44 am »

P.S. As an aside, diamond cornea CBM should remove eyesight traits.
Little late there.
Really, installing diamond corneas, or almost any of the other optical CBMs should probably correct to 20/20 automatically, but that isn't the argument I'm pursuing.
And removing them should permanently blind you too. :P
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 18, 2015, 06:38:12 am »

So, when I defeat the main monster of the overmap special (triffid grove or fungal flowers/tower), does it get removed from the map? I mean, does overmap symbol gets replaced with the padding terrain? The terrain and area damage could persist - but I should know that this place is already cleared. Preferably without adding the note to each and every cleared square.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 18, 2015, 07:33:30 am »

In the latest experimental, you can press shift-E over any map square to gray it out as explored/cleared.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 18, 2015, 12:42:33 pm »

Some way to attac things to helmets would be interesting, including NVGs, infared goggles, lights, glasses of all sorts, and similar.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 18, 2015, 02:36:51 pm »

just hit a bug with picking up guns with the advanced inventory screen with a category on - the guns weren't being deleted so now there's > 20 of them on the floor. I'm not using the latest version though, anyone know if that's been fixed?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 18, 2015, 02:45:23 pm »

Fun thing I've noticed: you can activate a holy symbol. If you have the Spiritual trait, this will make you "pause for spiritual contemplation" and give you a small morale boost, stacking twice up to +10. It's not that much, but considering it can be done indefinitely at only a tiny cost of time, it's worth it.

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
« Reply #1181 on: May 18, 2015, 04:19:54 pm »

Fun thing I've noticed: you can activate a holy symbol. If you have the Spiritual trait, this will make you "pause for spiritual contemplation" and give you a small morale boost, stacking twice up to +10. It's not that much, but considering it can be done indefinitely at only a tiny cost of time, it's worth it.

The Spiritual trait also makes certain books more enjoyable to read, makes some types of recreational substances more enjoyable to consume, and causes you to receive different messages when you eat human flesh.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1182 on: May 18, 2015, 04:22:36 pm »

Quote from: Post-cataclysm Catholic
So that'll be one Our Father and two Hail Marys for slaughtering that kindergarten? Thanks God!

... I'm going to hell, I know.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 18, 2015, 04:32:37 pm »

Quote from: Post-cataclysm Catholic
So that'll be one Our Father and two Hail Marys for slaughtering that kindergarten? Thanks God!

... I'm going to hell, I know.

As long as you repent, it's okay. You can do what you want.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 18, 2015, 05:38:20 pm »

just hit a bug with picking up guns with the advanced inventory screen with a category on - the guns weren't being deleted so now there's > 20 of them on the floor. I'm not using the latest version though, anyone know if that's been fixed?
I believe so, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 451