Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825199 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2550 on: November 09, 2015, 08:19:53 pm »

Is that why I never see big versions of critters till later on?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: November 09, 2015, 08:20:21 pm »

Seeing as reducing it speeds up monster evolution, probably not. Could have sworn that reducing the setting slowed it down at one point...
Apparently that was an issue with the wording in the description.

The problem for me might have been starting in fall though. 28 days would have passed, and if the skipped time doesn't take changes to monster evolution scaling into account, then that would explain why feral predators even exist when the only things in that line around should be runners and the occasional hunter.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: November 11, 2015, 04:15:35 am »

On the other hand, I often find myself mashing things to skip through tedious prompts (like repeated messages of some distant dog/wimpy zombie or crafting interruptions), only to get ganked by some brute/shocker/hulk/shocker brute I didn't notice around the corner.

Yeah, this happens to me a lot too. Wish there was a way to customise the safe mode a bit more.

An overhaul for safe mode would be nice. Like if you could set it for a certain amount of spaces or only when you are attacked.

Yeah, would be great.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: November 11, 2015, 05:30:00 am »

Out of curiosity, does anyone else start acting really quickly when things get all intense? I always start mashing buttons quickly as I move and shoot, as though it actually helps me. And I feel the urge to shoot my revolver as fast as possible.

And don't forget that when you attack, smashing the button very hard will make your character deal more damage.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2554 on: November 11, 2015, 07:02:19 am »

If you keep a steady hand when you're pushing the fire key your shots will be more accurate.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 11, 2015, 07:23:23 am »

Hmm...Do labs normally spawn a science ID in them for you to get out of them with?

Did a lab challenge start and I actually made it up all way to the surface..I just can't open the doors to get out. It's been three days now and my character is starting to get super hungry. And I have run out of mutant arms. x.x I tried burning down the doors with my mini-flamethrower but it didn't work.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: November 11, 2015, 07:38:31 am »

Hmm...Do labs normally spawn a science ID in them for you to get out of them with?

Did a lab challenge start and I actually made it up all way to the surface..I just can't open the doors to get out. It's been three days now and my character is starting to get super hungry. And I have run out of mutant arms. x.x I tried burning down the doors with my mini-flamethrower but it didn't work.
No; read the description, you're not *supposed* to be able to get out by default. You can, and doing so may involve fire, or if you find some explosives, or whatever, or you may luck out and, like I did, find a connection to the sewer system underground, but the assumption is you will die there.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: November 11, 2015, 07:50:43 am »

It used to be possible to bash your way out, isn't that the case anymore?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: November 11, 2015, 08:22:52 am »

You can bash your way out. Easiest way is via sewers, if any.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: November 11, 2015, 11:50:27 am »

Or just find teleporter and spam it. It's too fast for the turret to getcha.
thincake

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: November 11, 2015, 01:50:26 pm »

It used to be possible to bash your way out, isn't that the case anymore?

Its still possible, its just been made a LOT harder, I think.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2561 on: November 11, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

Worst case, debug in a Jaquehammer and gas. :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: November 11, 2015, 07:09:35 pm »

Found a drivably-intact Security Van. Drove around a sizable horde to a gas station. No diesel, but I found a Humvee down the street with some. Had to dodge around a giant wasp that took down nearly a dozen zombies on its own. As the horde closed in, I drove across the bridge out of town.

Unfortunately, poor Sakuya the maid-who-is-hoping-to-find-Time-Dilation-CBMs-and-a-giant-pile-of-throwing-knives came down with the flu. Oh, and I found a H&K UCP next to the seat.

Do objects thrown during while using Time Dilation stay in the air until you turn it off? Or do you simply throw them harder(judging from the description of the CBM)?

EDIT: Possible bug. I rammed an NPC into water using the above security van. I got several messages saying "You're drowning" before the NPC finally died. NPC was not in deep water, since I could walk over and loot the corpse.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:46:12 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2563 on: November 11, 2015, 07:59:00 pm »

EDIT: Possible bug. I rammed an NPC into water using the above security van. I got several messages saying "You're drowning" before the NPC finally died. NPC was not in deep water, since I could walk over and loot the corpse.
Chances are his everything was so broken that he couldn't stand up and just drowned in knee-high water because you're an awful, horrible person. You should have at least put him out of his misery.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 11, 2015, 09:01:19 pm »

Ive made it for 6 seasons thus far.  Ive looted the ice lab for mounds of flesh, and it all rotted.  I did get some serums and the missing books.  Ive got a problem where my cooking is stuck at 6.  No book I have/can remember increases it to 7, where I can begin reading advanced level books, and it decays too fast when I do cook something more complex than the jerky Im cooking now that Im a carnivore.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 451