Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: [FATE] Dept. of ME - A Fallen London/Sunless Sea campaign OOC  (Read 30308 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [FATE] Dept. of ME - A Fallen London/Sunless Sea campaign OOC
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2015, 04:06:55 pm »

Ah, so there's no haggling when it comes to kit, just sweet echoes and rostygolds.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2015, 04:09:45 pm »

I'm not sure how to go about it yet but:

Rapport - Get you better deals (better equipment, not better prices)

You can 'convert' Resources to rostygolds if you, say, invested in some Zee expedition.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2015, 01:07:27 am »

Maybe just 'If you can sell it, you can play it'?

If people want to use Contacts to find that great shopkeeper they know, or Rapport to haggle, or Resources to skive, or whatever if they think they can do it in a relevant fashion.

Edit:
Ok, now that I've actually read the Core rule book and discovered the system rolladex (don't look at me) I am a lot more clear about how things all fit together and such.

P.P.S.
((I wonder if we can invoke my Trouble of misunderstanding-many-things//also hates devils, here :P))
How would you have it go down Tiru?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:13:04 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2015, 12:38:59 pm »

I like that something Objective mentioned in passing as a set piece just became a character. :p

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2015, 04:21:42 pm »

So FATE doesn't seem to have anything on gears, probably because it's intended for magical items.

So I'm homebrewing a system for it.

My idea so far is that buying an equipment work like gacha. You pay the money, you get randomized stuffs. You have a finite amount of rerolls depending on the number of people doing the shopping and their skills.

Everyone roll Rapport as the default skill (they can use other social skills if they can convince me to, but that's neither here nor there). A person who isn't there /can/ participate in the rolling in certain special circumstances (like knowing the shopkeeper). If they got -1 or lower they get no rerolls, while if they get positive rolls the amount of rerolls for the goods they receive is the roll result + 1.

You pay a variable amount to determine the tier (1 is 1 fate die, 2 is 2 fate dice and so on) of the equipment, which is then used to determine its quality.

-2 - Terrible: Has a Class 2 Negative Effect.
-1 - Poor: Has a Class 1 Negative Effect.
0 - Mediocre: Boring.
1 - Adequate: Has Class 1 Positive Effect.

And so on.

The effects are triggered when you roll 3 lower than your opposition when they're negative, and when you roll 3 higher than your opposition when they're positive.

I'm not sure if this is too complicated. Also, I will write a table for effects, and I would appreciate if you guys have ideas for them and PM me about it. Please also note that the effects are supposed to be *minor* and are supposed to compound on the situation caused by the roll. For instance, a Class 2 Negative Effect should only be something like the weapon jamming.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:26:19 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2015, 11:43:05 pm »

Hmm... The fact that paying more can give you shoddier gear is an interesting one.
Also now I feel vastly underskilled in the things I need to run shopping list for the crew.
But I'm still gonna do it, 'cos metagaming.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2015, 11:59:49 pm »

Yeah, I thought that might be a bit weird, but it would be in-character for Fallen Londoners to sell you dangerously unstable weapons.

I also have a more simplified system, where as the weapon climb in quality the class of their benefits increase, as well as their negative effects, but more slowly.

Edit: Something like this

Tier 0: Class 1 Negative Effect
Tier 1: Mundane
Tier 2: Class 1 Positive Effect
Tier 3: Class 2 Positive Effect, Class 1 Negative Effect
Tier 4: Class 3 Positive Effect, Class 1 Negative Effect
Tier 5: Class 4 Positive Effect, Class 2 Negative Effect
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:14:13 am by Objective »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2015, 02:27:57 am »

((I wonder if we can invoke my Trouble of misunderstanding-many-things//also hates devils, here :P))
How would you have it go down Tiru?
Ever heard of how superstition makes a great story, for the uneducated? (Which I dislike as a generalization, but its somewhat sensible when encompassing Fallen London to a surfacer, in my opinion. It would help a lot more given my personal case, as I've little idea about the place itself--so I'm literally unsure or not! :P)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2015, 02:52:37 pm »

So tell it to me straight, how hard has it been to find an online FATE diceroller?
Tier 0: Class 1 Negative Effect
Tier 1: Mundane
Tier 2: Class 1 Positive Effect
Tier 3: Class 2 Positive Effect, Class 1 Negative Effect
Tier 4: Class 3 Positive Effect, Class 1 Negative Effect
Tier 5: Class 4 Positive Effect, Class 2 Negative Effect
Spitballing here, but how a possibility to get high-tier gear which goes back 2 positive shifts in order to remove 2 negative effects?
Like how a high-level firearm would have +4 to Shoot, -2 to Stealth, but you could get say a high level Crossbow, with a +2 Shoot no downsides?

Irregardless, hungering for the next turn.
Ganbatte GM.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2015, 11:45:03 pm »

I could give you all some vague gears right now and then retcon them into weapons you can actually use once we decide on the system. Sound good?

Now there's also the question on the hats and stuffs, but my idea right now is that the shops will only sell extremely powerful gears that you can't afford yet. Except the armors, which will just be ya'll deciding on whether to go for clothing, light, or heavy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:46:34 pm by Objective »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2015, 12:09:06 am »

Yeah, the reason I pulled the "army surplus" card was so we could get some baseline gear just to say we have it. Surplus Gun, surplus sword, surplus armor, blah.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2015, 09:29:31 am »

So, I still have the advantage created by Rapport, or just the end result of the lowered challenge rating for Pendle's roll?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2015, 11:37:46 am »

So, I'm going to guess that anything Kate pulls out of her workshop right now is just Tier 1. If I wanted to make a weapon, would that be Resources for the parts and Mechanics for the actual crafting? Or would I have to pay actual currency for the parts?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2015, 01:47:43 am »

Hi, I changed my username.

Also can everyone post?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2015, 02:14:00 am »

Hi, I changed my username.

Also can everyone post?
Dat username @_@
Niiiice :D

(Also rushing to make a post here--net troubles lately :/)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22