Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232995 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1620 on: December 31, 2015, 07:39:10 pm »

((YOU HAVE TO MAKE SENSE.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1621 on: December 31, 2015, 07:41:55 pm »

((since when DOES this make sense?))
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 31, 2015, 07:55:06 pm »

((When you weren't pulling random too-dangerous-to-fire contraptions out of nowhere?  When Amp made actual working guns running off of physics?  When magic is internally consistent?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1623 on: December 31, 2015, 07:59:40 pm »

((When you weren't pulling random too-dangerous-to-fire contraptions out of nowhere?  When Amp made actual working guns running off of physics?  When magic is internally consistent?))
((I AM developing guns, so am I (this gun will explode. Its just showy-off. PHYSICS)), Magic? Pfffffff!!!

EDIT: I invite you to the OOC thread cause i dont read it
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 31, 2015, 08:00:50 pm »

((
* TheBiggerFish has gone stark raving mad!

DEVELOPING GUNS THAT ARE DESIGNED TO EXPLODE IS NOT DEVELOPING GUNS.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 31, 2015, 08:04:49 pm »

{In fairness, a fifty-meter AoE is quite reasonable for a good-sized fragmentation shell. Light hand grenades can manage a good ten meters, let alone heavy-bore artillery. Still won't do shit to a portal, or indeed much to whatever's going on Out East, but hey.

And yeah, nobody who doesn't have it for a reason I like gets hammerspace, nor have you had time to design, prototype, or construct any new weapons. For that matter, those in the caverns haven't had time to reach the surface, having not departed for it within ten minutes.}
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:12:40 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 31, 2015, 10:03:10 pm »

((What do you mean?))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 31, 2015, 10:21:07 pm »

{Clarify your question?}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 31, 2015, 10:36:38 pm »

(("those in the caverns..."))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 31, 2015, 10:55:43 pm »

{Ah. Gwolf and Porky somehow teleported to the surface, when they were last seen partying in the caverns, ten minutes walk downstairs.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 01, 2016, 01:25:39 am »

<<A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!>>

Day 001

Alright. What the hell jut happened? I was playing Dwarf Fortress, and then....this?! What is this? I think I'm a dwarf, but I'm not sure; I'm a bit too tall, I'm stronger, and I'm increadibly agile. I'm just as intelligent as I used to be, which is apparently nicely above average. Also, what day is it? If this is the world of DF, I hope I can figure out how to use this copper sword. I don't know where I got it...I saw an armored Kobold, and then...black...and I suddenly had the Kobold's head in my left hand, budy in my right, and the other's bodies strewn about...I know Kobolds don't normally have armor, and they almost always have a few friends, so how did this happen?

Day 005

Alright. I've gotten competent at wielding this copper sword. Not skilled, but competent. Damn, I need a drink. I heard there was a new Dwarf settlement nearby, I think I'll travel over there, see if they know what's going on.

Day 006

I looked at my reflection in a pool today. Just a passing glance, but...I don't look normal. I mean, I still have the muscaly physique of a dwarf, and everything, but...my eyes. I can't get over it. They're red. Blood red. And everytime I've killed, and gone to collect, something, I...go into a trance. I don't know what's going on, but I consume whatever I'm looking at raw. Bones, fat, meat, everything. And everytime I do, I get just barely stronger, faster, and taller. Not hugely so, but...noticebly. I don't know what to call what I've been turned into. Maybe someone at the fort will now. Otherwise, I'm going to hide this for as long as possible. I don't want to alarm people; in theory, if this works the way I think it works, my bone density should also increase, meaning I could, in theory grow...forever. I could become large enough to smash mountains, simply by flicking them. But this comes with some..negatives. Unless my organs also grow at the same rate, my heart will eventually fail, and I won't be able get enough food in my stomache to keep my self alive. Basically, unless my body stays at the same porportions as it grows, I will either starve, suffocate, or have a heart attack, leading to my death. But I don't appear to feel hunger, so I should be able to go forever without eating, and there by going forever withour growing. I know I'm not a night creature, at least not any known night creature, because there was a full moon recently, and I've been in the sunlight. I'm neither a vampire, nor a zombie (everything would flea from me if I was a zombie; I've seen them.), and I'm obviously not a werewolf. I can't raise the dead, or atleast if I can, I don't know how.

Day 007

I'm in sight of the dwarf fortress. There appears to be a portal, and some kind of...crude gun thing? nearby. There's body parts, corpses, and some armor over there. I'll talk with them tomorrow, see what we can work out, if anything.

Day 007.5

I've desided on a name for my self in this world. I'm going to call my self Chaotic Skies, as I've always enjoyed watching clouds, and it appears I have entered at a time of chaos for this world. Or atleast, it appears this fort is close to total chaos. I heard rumors from a passing group of goblins (they were already pretty damaged, and I put my sword away and offered peace. I don't want any enemies till I know what the hell is going on.) that there is a necromancer, and some wierd wizardry at this fort up ahead. I guess I'll figure out what's going on tomorrow. Till then, I'll focus on getting better with my sword, and learning to sharpen it.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 01, 2016, 01:30:11 am »

A watchman calls down from the sharpshooters' nest.
"We got someone approaching the gates, solo!"

"Well that's interesting.  Hopefully unrelated, but interesting."

I check Spark's power levels....And my pocket, because I think there's a magic transformer in there.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 01, 2016, 02:13:41 am »

{All right new guy, we've already got the token evil teammate, the munchkin, the pragmatist, and the random dudebros, so you can be the party bruiser. :V Welcome aboard.  Oh, and don't worry. You won't be overpowered.}
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:18:23 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 01, 2016, 02:30:36 am »

{All right new guy, we've already got the token evil teammate, the munchkin, the pragmatist, and the random dudebros, so you can be the party bruiser. :V Welcome aboard.  Oh, and don't worry. You won't be overpowered.}

<<Oh, I've got some !fun! Ideas >:)>>

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 01, 2016, 02:34:16 am »

I slowly approach the gates. I can feel the air, charged with not only tensions, but...magic? I notice a warmth unlike any I've ever felt before, and the injuries I got from getting to close to a bear earlier heal, almost instantly. I guess they've had some !FUN! with magic recently, as the guys on bay12 would have said.

As I approach, a Guard steps out of the shadows and bellows "HALT! Who are you, and what do you intend to do here?"

Not wanting to alarm him with my admittedly off-putting name, I reply "I am Sky. I was in the area, and heard there was some interesting events around here, and came to check it out."

The guard, being a persistent ass, replied "How do I know you're not lying, and are not associated with the raid, or some other thing coming to kill us?"

I reply, rather annoyed "Look. I just woke up in the wilderness, with total amnesia, and nothing but a large stick to call my own. I fought an armored Kobold for this copper sword, and that wasn't easy. If I wanted to destroy your fort, I would have brought an army, okay? Not just me, in some home-made leather armor, with a copper sword. Now, am I allowed in, so that I won't freeze out here, or are we going to be standing here all night?"

The guard, appearing to be rather sheapish, replies "Good point. Sorry for being so paranoid, but there's been a fuck ton of wierd stuff happening, and I'm freaking out right now, okay? Let me holler to let you in, and then we can both go inside. My shift's almost over anyway."

"I'm glad we can understand each other. And I'm sorry for getting angry, but it's been...difficult out here, surviving off of the occasional fidtful of berries."

As we go in, I see someone fiddling with some kind of...rock? I introduce myself as "Chaotic Skies," and the guard comments "Hey, you said your name was just Sky!"

"I didn't think you would respond too well to someone named 'Chaotic', now do you?"

At that point, Net steps in and puts his rock away.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:28:59 pm by chaotic skies »

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 262