Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232980 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #1590 on: December 28, 2015, 10:46:51 pm »

{Basically, unless you just opened Spark in terminal for no adequately-explained IC reason, it was a force-reboot.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: December 28, 2015, 10:48:40 pm »

((If I know there's almost no power in the cells, it's a given that I would go for the least consumptive method of data retrieval.  And since terminal would have to have graphics capacity anyway...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 28, 2015, 11:01:34 pm »

{The question is not how you turned Spark on, but why you did it. Eh, whatever. Given that the thing doesn't exactly have a mounted display, you're hardly getting video playback.}

Magus Patham, suspicious as to certain details of his familiar's observation, boots the construct in a very minimal debug interface mode, managing to get some crude text-based information suggesting that the Stranger, self-admitted to be a death-mage and stated to be unassociated with the siege, may have been responsible for the berserker attack.  Then the construct loses power and shuts down completely.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: December 28, 2015, 11:03:56 pm »

A flash of realization occurs before the magus attempts to punch the Stranger in the face.
"Except you did.  The berserkers."
Are there any available mana batteries?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: December 28, 2015, 11:07:52 pm »

{If I recall correctly, you discharged the only available one earlier to accomplish something.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: December 28, 2015, 11:09:03 pm »

((Let me go check the original statement about how I set them up...

There's only one, but powering the electropike wouldn't have been that much of a drain and the battery would have been both large, and originally full...))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:18:58 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: December 29, 2015, 07:32:51 am »

As Magus Patham and the still-unnamed Stranger begin to get into a fracas of sorts, and Foreman Murdoc examines his odd stone as closely as is feasible without a magnifying lens, since the local dwarves don't seem to have those yet, there is an abrupt feeling of tension in the air.

The Geothaum is... Not back enough to be useful, but active again, a humming in the air. A somewhat worrying feeling, given that a similar sensation accompanies the opening of interdimensional portals, and this isn't that localized feeling, but an abrupt, omnipresent buzz of otherworldly power.

It begins to grate against the inside of your skulls, even those insensitive to magic or buried under two hundred meters of rock, pulsing irregularly, growing and shrinking, with a rising sensation of wrongness, oddly alternating between polarities in feel, but unpleasant at either extreme.

Spoiler: Murdoc (click to show/hide)

The storm of thaumic pressure, though spastic, grows steadily to a crescendo, then cuts out abruptly, leaving the world oddly silent, as even the wounded seem too stunned to cry out. Then, white light from the east, bright enough to leave the outlines of the mountains blocking direct sight burned into the eyes of all watching, followed an instant later and an eon before by a wave of arcane power, unbelievably intense, soul-bendingly uncontrolled.

The mountains echo with a long, melancholy shrieking of metal and forge-fires in the minor key as the Skalewyrm gives voice to some great feeling.

A voice, quieter than the grave and louder than an atomic strike, pounds four words into your minds:

"HESH MEVAKRON HAS FALLEN."

As something of a non sequitur, given his usual great stoicism, Foreman Murdoc collapses, momentarily insensate.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 03:08:17 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: December 29, 2015, 10:45:25 am »

The magus pauses.
"Oh CARP."
Momentary issues forgotten, he makes his Knowledge(Theology) Check.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:47:06 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1598 on: December 29, 2015, 11:46:54 am »

"oh dear.... I think I drank too much...."
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1599 on: December 30, 2015, 03:59:34 am »

>Be unconscious, I guess?

God damned magic rocks, this is why I stuck to regular old mining and management.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: December 30, 2015, 04:17:28 am »

All those rendered unconscious recover unnaturally quickly, waking with an unpleasant taste of burning battery and a thorough headache.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1601 on: December 30, 2015, 04:59:37 am »

>Throw a party at steam shack
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 30, 2015, 06:43:54 pm »

((EDIT: stand corrected, I forgot.))
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:48:31 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 30, 2015, 06:45:31 pm »

((I am going to go QUOTE the post.))
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: December 30, 2015, 06:46:42 pm »

*at this point, the stranger would signal the mercenaries, who would approach the edge of their accomadations, would rush out, and start heading up the battlements with a suicidal fervor, killing any dwarf unlucky enough to get in the way of their charge, while the stranger looks around and tries to go for the gate leading deeper into the fortress*
((Tada.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 262