Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232855 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #480 on: July 10, 2015, 08:55:24 pm »

*Walks to the entrance of the fort*
"Hello! Me and other 15 useless migrant dwarves have decided to move in here! We are hungry and prone to tantruming, and half of us alredy died on the edge of the map due to dingomen! Please feed us!"
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 10, 2015, 09:03:42 pm »

The guard over the gate looks delighted. How odd. Probably not good.

"Any o' you lot skilled workers? No? YER IN THE ARMY NOW! REPORT TO BARRACK THREE IN TWENTY MINUTES FER ORIENTATION!"
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 10, 2015, 09:17:53 pm »

"I am a skilled speardwarf, a legendary cheesemaker and I guess could be in the army, but think of a fortress without cheese. People is oblivious about how our society is only held together by the sweet grip of cheese. Without it, civilization would collapse. People, lacking the sweet pleasure of some good cheese, would turn into crazed criminals who kill other dwarves, use their own babies as shields and drink WATER. You want that, huh? You really want that to happen, eh? Well, when the tantrums start spiraling, you will know that I warned you!"
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 10, 2015, 09:50:40 pm »

"I am a skilled speardwarf, a legendary cheesemaker and I guess could be in the army, but think of a fortress without cheese. People is oblivious about how our society is only held together by the sweet grip of cheese. Without it, civilization would collapse. People, lacking the sweet pleasure of some good cheese, would turn into crazed criminals who kill other dwarves, use their own babies as shields and drink WATER. You want that, huh? You really want that to happen, eh? Well, when the tantrums start spiraling, you will know that I warned you!"
*watching from a bit further behind*
So tempted to just cast Conjure.  But that wouldn't be very sustainable.  Although...Hm, could I...Substantial magic effect.  Don't know if...Ugh.  Thaumic field dissipation math.
All the same, I really should ask about getting a danger room, if there aren't any already...
Wait, people is oblivious?  What?
As for the rest of that rant, except for the alcohol, doesn't that already happen?
Also, I much prefer a nice water feature.  But then again, I'm only 'human'.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:57:16 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 11, 2015, 12:15:59 am »

{@everyone but mate888; Sorry about making a random wall of text for this guy's intro, but it's mostly an excuse for me to describe the fort's current situation.}

"Sir, we already have cheese. What we do not have is an actual military as of two days ago. We now have fifteen functional soldiers and a massive hole in our defenses, so at the very least until we've dealt with the problem, you and everyone else without an essential job are soldiers. Don't worry, this is a research base, we have very advanced weapons, very little training needed for competence."

The soldier, who you notice is speckled with nasty-looking fresh burns, climbs from the top of the wall to open the gate a few feet and let you in. He's holding something odd, like a crossbow with a long metal tube instead of a bow, and has a belt of small paper cylinders across his chest.

"I'm sergeant Sarvesh, and until we decide who replaces the old captain, I'm your field commander. Follow me."

"YOU, URIST! I'M LEADING THESE FOLK INSIDE, WATCH THE GATE."

Sarvesh leads your group past some unfamiliar anti-siege weapons, fat iron cylinders mounted among an amalgam of gears and levers, stacks of big metal eggs and wooden barrels labeled "Powder" alongside.

A line of dwarves in civilian clothes are standing in a dusty field near the inner gate, holding more of the odd weapons Sarvesh has and apparently taking aim at an opposing line of painted steel discs hanging from a long bar. After a moment, there is a series of earsplitting CRACK noises and a huge cloud of smoke. Most of the discs clank loudly and begin spinning irregularly around their bar.

Passing through the gate, you find yourself in a series of fortified corridors and staircases before, at last, coming out in a huge central corridor. Far out at the other end, a jagged section of floors and walls seems to be simply gone. The floor closer to this end is covered in emergency cots, with doctors moving among them, tending to the wounded. At least fifty dwarves are here, some of them so damaged and wrapped in bandages as to be barely recognizable.

Sarvesh quickly ushers you through a clear lane in the middle and to the military section. Barely twenty feet beyond the door of the barracks there is a low improvised wall, manned by more civilian clothed dwarves, reinforced by a tiny group of armored soldiers, all of them with the same sort of minor but unpleasant wounds Sarvesh carries.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 12:19:32 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #485 on: July 11, 2015, 04:22:07 am »

hello? anyone want to thank me?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 11, 2015, 10:10:46 am »

hello? anyone want to thank me?
((Consider yourself thanked, but I have no clue who was responsible for our rescue ICly.))
((@Amp: More text is good text.))
A very...strange...dwarf approaches the group from within the medical area.  He appears to have been ministering to the dwarves with water from a canteen, for some reason, and is wearing different garb than the regular doctors.

"Any of you lot have any clue about magic?  Any magic?  Want to learn?  Don't want that going to waste and you might learn some new things here.  Except necroanything.  Necromancy is right out.  Don't care how well you THINK you can control it.  Those zombies WILL get out of control.  So if you DO find a necromantic tome, then DON'T touch it, DON'T read it, and DO report it to the authorities.  Which, since no-one else has even THOUGHT about this yet, probably means me."
((Yes, I did pretty much blatantly take over the magical affairs here.  Since no-one else has.  Sorry Amp.))

"And did one of you say map?"
((Okay, it's a bit of a long stretch to have heard all this stuff from the medical ward.  I was walking slightly ahead of you in the halls.))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:26:25 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 11, 2015, 12:07:17 pm »

{Why you think I'm worried? I specialize in tech, good sir. Just about the only people who're likely to want in are Blaze and 4maskwolf, and you can figure that out without my help.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 11, 2015, 12:16:31 pm »

{Why you think I'm worried? I specialize in tech, good sir. Just about the only people who're likely to want in are Blaze and 4maskwolf, and you can figure that out without my help.
((*shrug*))
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #489 on: July 11, 2015, 12:44:20 pm »

{can i be let out now?}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 11, 2015, 12:56:39 pm »

{Y'know what, screw it.}

There haven't been any guards near Gwolfski's cell in about three days now, though the hallway outside's had plenty of traffic. You're getting pretty thirsty.

Someone opened the door. Looks like it's a couple of miners with simple wooden squad insignia and revolvers to complement their picks.

"Well, thief, you might have been thinking you'd been forgotten about, but no such luck. We don't have enough soldiers, so welcome to the military."

The miner-soldiers lead you, still manacled, to the barracks, and once there fit you out with another simple uniform before removing the chains.

"You're with the newbies, git. No weapons outside of training until you really need 'em."

Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 11, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »

*sees Gwolfski arrive*
"They appear to be drafting just about everybody.  Wow.  We really took a lot of casualties.  Once I've gotten any sort of stable setup, I should start turning out combat scrolls and enchants...Diamond FB before we even get properly started."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:21:43 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 11, 2015, 01:27:13 pm »

*Mate and the other 15 dwarves look at the scars of the other soldiers*
"Well, this is going to be an interesting job. What happened here?"
*One of the 15 migrants falls dead*
"Oh, yeah. We were starving when we came here. I forgot that. Heh. Atleast he died happily, admiring a fine table."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 11, 2015, 01:36:22 pm »

*Mate and the other 15 dwarves look at the scars of the other soldiers*
"Well, this is going to be an interesting job. What happened here?"
*One of the 15 migrants falls dead*
"Oh, yeah. We were starving when we came here. I forgot that. Heh. Atleast he died happily, admiring a fine table."
*facepalms*
"WHY didn't you SAY THAT FIRST."
"Now I have to figure out...Wait, would that..."
I open the *unconscious dwarf's mouth and pour a bit of Ye Fancy Biorepair Water down his throat, and hope that works.
((You aren't just going to fall over dead from malnutrition, AFAIK.))
I quickly distribute some rations (bar rations, a la Mr Frog) to the remainder.
"Food.  Eat.  Not too quickly."

"As for what happened, a forgotten beast made of diamond happened.  And then a GCS."

"And I repeat, did one of you say edge of the map?"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:39:50 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 11, 2015, 02:41:47 pm »

-date, still don't care-

welp. im still in bed, I think I have a rune that will help clear up these burns but im still a bit to weak to test it, I think I may have over reached my power. uhgggg....doc says that I should be up tomorrow. I must say im looking forward to it.

im told with our casualties we need more soldiers...I wonder if.......

mmmm.....he is trained......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"hey doc. run and get me that platnum whip form the weapon storeage. its got fire opal and dimaonds on it. you cant miss it."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 262