Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232766 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #450 on: July 09, 2015, 04:06:53 pm »

{Linking to this post;
"Oh, hey Amp.  We've met.  I'm from there, in a very roundabout way that I will hopefully explain after we get out of this cavern.  Can't risk FBs nomming on us again.  One question, though, is are you IC or RL.  Because while the Anachron would probably be very useful to have about, what sources I have, have informed me that you're not making nukes."

I hook the newcomer's shoulder with the stock of my rifle cane before he can walk to the elevator.

"No, I meant who the hell are you and what are you talking about. For that matter, how do you know my name? ...Well, not my real name, but for some reason when I try to say that I just get
[REDACTED], so everyone ends up calling me Amp."

"Seriously, explain this stuff, because your gear was not made in this universe, and I'm not letting you pass until you explain."

I look... Understandably out of sorts, and the shard of diamond in my hand, stained with my own blood, is held in a vaguely threatening manner.
"Okay, so you're not the Amp from DTG."
"And you are quite correct about the origin of my gear.  Several different universes."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 09, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »

{At least in part I mean that pulling tech/blueprints for tech from Spearbreakers would be sequence breaking, something I do not support. Everything I've made so far I {Like, the actual me, typing this} am personally capable of making from vague memories given time, resources, and a standard dwarven metalworking/alchemy industry, whereas getting a random interdimensional crate of sawhammers from Spearbreakers seems kinda out of place.}
((Eh.  They already have spinny blade things in vanilla DF IIRC.  It's just applying the concept to anything but a trap.))
((And it's exactly one sawhammer, but yeah, you've got a point.  Just gonna make that a materials shipment then.))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:12:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 09, 2015, 04:12:19 pm »

"DTG? What? ...That makes no- EXPLAIN."

The four-foot dwarven soldier before you is looking both more agitated and considerably paler, and you don't like the way he's holding that rifle cane.

{Well, yes, and that makes it all the easier to make your own rather than pulling them from SB. Seriously, rely on your own inventiveness, there's no extradimensional help coming.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 09, 2015, 04:14:22 pm »

"DTG? What? ...That makes no- EXPLAIN."

The four-foot dwarven soldier before you is looking both more agitated and considerably paler, and you don't like the way he's holding that rifle cane.

{Well, yes, and that makes it all the easier to make your own rather than pulling them from SB. Seriously, rely on your own inventiveness, there's no extradimensional help coming.}
...*sigh*  Oh for Armok's sake.
You either know exactly what I'm talking about, or you don't have a damn clue what I'm talking about...Which one is it, so I know what to explain.
((Yeah, but I don't want to be testing them for half the game before I'm comfortable letting one get outside the workshop.  Also, it's not exactly that extradimensional, but I see your point.  Thing is, it's in character for me to do something like this.))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:22:50 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2015, 04:25:51 pm »

{Gwolf, the crude elevator that the civvydorfs just got done making was your idea, you did save us.}

{yeah, but civ dorfs dint do anything unless u tell them, and the only person currently abble to do that is in jail}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 09, 2015, 04:36:13 pm »

{Ok, so to start with, this character sorta knows what you're talking about, having played DTG as a forum game, but he also hasn't thought about it in nearly two subjective years. He knows a lot about DTG, but unlike DTG!Amp didn't experience it firsthand, so he doesn't know what's going on. Once he figures out you're a character from there, which should be easily enough accomplished by introducing yourself fully, he'll calm down.

As for the whole experimental thing, we are a dwarven fort, our safe testing protocall involves handing it to Urist McTestsubject and having him use it as intended.

Yes, you tried to get a supply drop. Yes, they tried to send it. No, it didn't work. A really bright flash of quarks appears above your head and confuses everyone further as the portal breaks down halfway through forming.

@Gwolf; Yes, but in this universe even normal dorfs are sentient, autonomous beings capable of extrapolating necessary actions without help, though of course, being constantly drunk, if you want good plans you need to help them. You gave them a good plan and they acted on it.}

"Er, sorry... I know about DTG, yes. I imagined Anachron, yes. No, I'm not that Amp, because that Amp is a fictional character I wrote into existence. Now, some essential questions; Are you another player with some serious confusion, or a person from within the 'verse, if you're from in-verse, are there any more homicidal, godlike madmen about to show up, and how did you get here?"
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 09, 2015, 04:40:03 pm »

{Ok, so to start with, this character sorta knows what you're talking about, having played DTG as a forum game, but he also hasn't thought about it in nearly two subjective years. He knows a lot about DTG, but unlike DTG!Amp didn't experience it firsthand, so he doesn't know what's going on. Once he figures out you're a character from there, which should be easily enough accomplished by introducing yourself fully, he'll calm down.

As for the whole experimental thing, we are a dwarven fort, our safe testing protocall involves handing it to Urist McTestsubject and having him use it as intended.

Yes, you tried to get a supply drop. Yes, they tried to send it. No, it didn't work. A really bright flash of quarks appears above your head and confuses everyone further as the portal breaks down halfway through forming.

@Gwolf; Yes, but in this universe even normal dorfs are sentient, autonomous beings capable of extrapolating necessary actions without help, though of course, being constantly drunk, if you want good plans you need to help them. You gave them a good plan and they acted on it.}

"Er, sorry... I know about DTG, yes. I imagined Anachron, yes. No, I'm not that Amp, because that Amp is a fictional character I wrote into existence. Now, some essential questions; Are you another player with some serious confusion, or a person from within the 'verse, if you're from in-verse, are there any more homicidal, godlike madmen about to show up, and how did you get here?"
"Net, IC.  Don't think anyone else wanted to bother with the level of !!shenanigans!! that this would require.  Ended up doing some serious gameception thanks to Godcraft's infinite nonlag, running DF, getting brought in through Spearbreakers, back out to meverse, then back through a portal to here.  Even jury-rigged a respawn system.  Heck, I even arranged a supply drop.  Dunno if that's going to work.  At the whims of the meta and all."
((Supply drops are more like dead drops.  And knowing that this failed, attempts may get more inventive.  Like rockets.))
((Also, *protocol.))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:47:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 09, 2015, 04:41:11 pm »

((Oh.  Gosh bloody darnit.  Revision time!))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 09, 2015, 04:46:33 pm »

"...Nice to meet you, Net. All right, so I'd just like to be very clear on this, my own damn imaginary city-sized warship isn't about to show up and nuke everything, and no omniuniversal doomsday war is about to appear and {OFFENSIVE TERMS REDACTED} everybody's asses?"

"...Also, yes, I'm not making nukes. Yet. Gun-types are pretty simple once you have the fissionables, so if we really need one, we can make one."

"OH ARMOK WHAT WAS THAT LIGHT."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 09, 2015, 04:49:42 pm »

"...Nice to meet you, Net. All right, so I'd just like to be very clear on this, my own damn imaginary city-sized warship isn't about to show up and nuke everything, and no omniuniversal doomsday war is about to appear and {OFFENSIVE TERMS REDACTED} everything?"

"...Also, yes, I'm not making nukes. Yet. Gun-types are pretty simple once you have the fissionables, so if we really need one, we can make one."

"OH ARMOK WHAT WAS THAT LIGHT."

"Not that I know of.  Although, I exploited its connection with DF to attempt to arrange...Well, that portal.  Except it borked.  Was supposed to be a supply drop from wherever.  I'll have to get working on driving a portal out, then, I guess.  Because obviously the GM, whoever he is, has decided to not-literally-nuke that course of action.  Annoying.  Of course, I could try to set up the portal I already have...Later.  Get out of the caverns.  Do not want to have any more FBs attempting to eat my face."
"Also, I'd suggest we keep everyone, except some prepared workers, away from that one there.  Who KNOWS what it could do." *in a raised voice*
*to Amp, alone*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:59:34 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 09, 2015, 05:06:20 pm »

In a normal tone of voice; "I'd rather just collect the bits and use it for normal diamond, actually. But you can feel free to examine the chunks that are left and see if you can exploit it, sounds useful. ...You really don't need to hide crap from these guys, they're pretty loyal. I did hand them some of the best weapons in the world. Though you're right that we should be careful until we're sure this stuff isn't toxic or contagious. I need to check on the others, catch up with me later."

After listening to whatever you say in response, I walk over to check on Blaze, Pyrefly, and the comatose scotsman.

"How're you two holding up? Fly didn't strike me as someone comfortable with disemboweling things or being blown up. and given how bad you look, Blaze, I do not want to be in your shoes."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 09, 2015, 05:11:46 pm »

In a normal tone of voice; "I'd rather just collect the bits and use it for normal diamond, actually. But you can feel free to examine the chunks that are left and see if you can exploit it, sounds useful. ...You really don't need to hide crap from these guys, they're pretty loyal. I did hand them some of the best weapons in the world. Though you're right that we should be careful until we're sure this stuff isn't toxic or contagious. I need to check on the others, catch up with me later."

After listening to whatever you say in response, I walk over to check on Blaze, Pyrefly, and the comatose scotsman.

"How're you two holding up? Fly didn't strike me as someone comfortable with disemboweling things or being blown up. and given how bad you look, Blaze, I do not want to be in your shoes."
"Yeah.  I'm kind of conked out on the magic front here, for now.  Especially as now I have to be really conservative.  Low background thaum AND my supply drops are apparently getting eaten by the vagaries of interdimensional travel...Well, so far at least."
"Heck, MOST of that FB can probably be used, but it should be cleared first.  Don't want someone triggering the dust organs and causing a massive accident.  Now, a controlled use of that as a weapon, would be cool, but an accident would end badly."
((That's weird, B12 eats tags too.  At least it eats all the tag, and doesn't eat anything twice.  Yet.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 09, 2015, 05:14:08 pm »

{How strange. Still orders of magnitude better though. I remember how screwy MCF was, even at its best.

@Protocol; Welp. Hurp. Thank you. Don't know why I had trouble with that.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #463 on: July 09, 2015, 05:18:55 pm »

{well, dont know if yous noticed, the makeshift lift is lowering}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 09, 2015, 05:25:44 pm »

{Yep. I'm counting it as having reached the bottom, but the worse wounded are being loaded on first. There's not much room, and maimed Milidorfs are everywhere, so they're being prioritized over slightly-banged-up Players.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 262