Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232807 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #240 on: June 14, 2015, 08:18:33 pm »

7th Timber;

An enormous firefly wearing a fake beard showed up, walked past the guards, and somehow got past Immigration without them noticing it wasn't a dwarf. What the shit.

Well, I suppose we realized the normals're idiots a while back.

...I'll have to find out what it[?]'s deal is.

I walk up and tap you on the shoulder.

"I have to wonder why you thought this was a good idea."

{Just wondering, are you an Earth Human in a Firefly Woman's body, or a Firefly Woman with some very odd thought processes?}
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:04:01 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 14, 2015, 08:51:43 pm »

I walk up and tap you on the shoulder.

"I have to wonder why you thought this was a good idea."

{Just wondering, are you an Earth Human in a Firefly Woman's body, or a Firefly Woman with some very odd thought processes?}
"Why not? Why would a dwarf, which I definitely am, not want to live in the mountain homes? Besides, it's a bit more fun here."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:30:09 pm by Pyrefly »
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2015, 09:04:51 pm »

{What? That quote-reply correlation made no sense whatsoever.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2015, 09:24:59 pm »

{What? That quote-reply correlation made no sense whatsoever.}
((The quote was there to show which one was the one I picked, see how a part's bolded?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:30:54 pm by Pyrefly »
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2015, 09:37:43 pm »

{A'right. Just FYI, brackets = OOC}

"This isn't even a Mountainhome, this in an overly militarized border outpost with fewer citizens than most villages."

I look distinctly amused, at this point.

"Besides, why're you trying to act like a dwarf? It's not like they care what species you are, this far from real civilization."

EDIT; better use of words in the last sentence.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:44:21 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 14, 2015, 09:47:39 pm »

{A'right. Just FYI, brackets = OOC}

"This isn't even a Mountainhome, this in an overly militarized border outpost with fewer citizens than most villages."

I look distinctly amused, at this point.

"Besides, why're you trying to act like a dwarf? It's not like they care what species you are, this far from real civilization."

"Eh, don't care right now, I just don't like being outside very much sometimes." Pyrefly then looked surprised when Amperzand mentioned she wasn't a dwarf. "... Well, aren't you a smart one? Please don't tell."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2015, 01:50:42 am »

"Alright. Don't see why it matters though, we really don't care what you are so much as what you can do, here. You're welcome, by the way, they were the usual idiot, drunken xenophobes before my friends and I showed up."

I flip through a clipboard.

"Nothing goin' on just now, want me to run you through the important bits of the fort?"
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2015, 08:40:17 am »

"Sure, why not?" I say, curious.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 15, 2015, 05:50:12 pm »

"We're currently in the Common Hall, you can tell because random people with no current job, animals nobody's adopted yet, and the occasional foreigner congregate here rather than taking up space elsewhere."

"The surface, in case you missed it while walking through my defenses with nobody noticing, is a heavily defended brick covered in spikes and cannon emplacements."

"Down this hallway." With a butleresque wave of the hand.

"Can you fly, by the way?"
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 15, 2015, 07:17:52 pm »

"Yes, yes I can fly, why?" I ask, curious about why they asked.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2015, 05:04:48 pm »

"Because aerial surveys would be exceedingly useful, and I can't get heavier-than-air craft to work."

We're walking down a wide and, by the standards of the fort, bustling hallway, with side passages every thirty meters or so.

"Plus your physiology looks like you shouldn't be able to, so that's interesting in its own right."

"That's the melee fighters' barracks, kinda hard to find good trainees for axe-work with my weapons getting everyone hyped up for marksmanship."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2015, 05:22:23 pm »

-a knife flies out the door hitting the wall inches in frot of amperzands face-

"you got swords work!"

-blaze steps out into the hall-
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2015, 09:19:29 pm »

Pyrefly was following Ampersand. "Well, I'm a bit clumsy in the air." She looked curious at the barracks. "I'm not exactly the best fighter, but I guess I could learn-" She was surprised by the knife. "Hey, I think you missed him, was he what you were aiming for?"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2015, 09:26:59 pm »

"exactly what I hit, anyways, your the first animal person migrant to the fort so.....ACHIVEMENT GET!"

................."moving on....the names endlessblaze, creator and wielder of emberflare, the warmth of blazes"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2015, 02:27:23 am »

Recovering from my immediate, reflexive, and totally-not-hilariously-undignified backwards "tactical" roll and drawing of a high-caliber revolver from nowhere in particular, I brush myself off and return the gun to apronspace.

"Dammit Blaze."

"Well, he just reminded me, didn't introduce myself. I'm [REDACTED], but everyone calls me Amp, so let's go with that. I'm the resident engineer, I build things like firearms, antisiege infrastructure, and water filtration plants. Haven't got a magic sword, but I do have an exploding stick of doom in my back pocket, so that's a thing."

Looking at Blaze;

"I'm taking the firefly on a tour, want to come?"

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 262