Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232791 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2015, 06:31:46 am »

"why not"

-blaze begins following-
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 17, 2015, 08:52:15 am »

"If it doesn't work, can I take the beard off or is that a bad idea?" Pyrefly asked, she was getting annoyed with the fake beard already.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 17, 2015, 12:28:16 pm »

"I very much doubt anybody cares either way. If they do, I'll explain a few things."

"Down that hallway is one of the powder stores."

The indicated corridor is narrow, the stone around it reinforced with iron bands, and set with a thick steel blast door.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2015, 08:20:09 am »

"Hmmm, don't you think it would be easier to not get stuff like fire near it?" Pyrefly asked while she ripped off the fake beard.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2015, 03:25:18 pm »

"Oh, there're plenty of anti-ignition measures, this is the failsafe. The ground above that room, and others like it, is heavily weakened to provide a path of least resistance if the powder lights, hopefully channeling the fireball up and out through some wood and dirt rather than into the rest of the fort through all this steel and rock. I have yet to test it, for obvious reasons."

Down a flight of stairs and around some corners.

Indicating a large alcove in the wall, filled with clanking and the smell of grease;

"That's one of the mechanical waystations, feel free to look around. They're how we get wind and water power from the surface to what needs it underground."

Past another of the well-designed, if not currently manned, security gates, with its various traps, murderholes, and arrow-, or more likely, bullet-slits.

"Who told you how gunpowder works, by the by? I'm damn sure nobody outside the fort knows about it, since it's pathetically easy to incite xenophobia and isolationism in Dwarves, and I just invented the stuff last year, so standard knowledge osmosis hasn't had time to work, plus I doubt any of my chemists would explain it to a newcomer."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:27:48 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2015, 03:47:17 pm »

She looked confused on why it would explode, and continued on. Later, when he asked how she 'knew' about it, she let out a drawn out 'Ohhhh.' "I thought you meant something like flour, powders are flammable, so I assumed that the stuff was there to keep it from getting burnt and/or ruined."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2015, 06:18:31 pm »

"Ah. Damn. No, it's a highly volatile compound used in the "new" weapons I've been making here. Let it get alight, especially a few hundred tons of it in one place like the powder stores have, and you get enough of a fireball to knock the top off a small mountain."

"Go this way, I doubt you want to walk under a waterfall."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »

"hey ampersand, speaking of weapons and stuff, we should get a pit trap ready out front."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2015, 02:48:02 am »

*Raises left eyebrow* "...Have you been to the surface in the last eight months?"
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 19, 2015, 08:37:36 am »

"Oh." Pyrefly starts trying to think of how a powder could be so volatile, and continues on. "Yeah, water feels very heavy on my wings, I don't really like it."

She sighed when another conversation happened that she was not in, but she perked when Amper asked the question. "I have!"

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2015, 08:39:36 am »

{Is it Ok for me to join? I'm more than happy to write up an explanation to where I was for the past year. Also is there a Ocean near-by?}

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2015, 10:11:42 am »

..........."I don't keep track of time but now that you mention it......hehehe, the days just blend together down here. should probably go up for some fresh air and sunlight soon"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2015, 10:13:06 am »

Spoiler: Oops... (click to show/hide)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2015, 05:40:12 pm »

@Lifeweaver, yes, you can join, we don't have nearly enough people. I'm also acting under the assumption that not everyone "Appeared" at this fort, so more people can show up from the hinterlands without stuff getting confusing.

@Wolf, not really that much, mostly just more people showing up and me "Inventing" yet more terrible, terrible things that are totally war crimes in the real world.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheLifeweaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 19, 2015, 06:11:00 pm »

Arriving alone on the borders of the Fortresses' domain a lone figure clad in a rugged cloak moved towards the entrance carrying a number of items in an amusingly over-sized back-pack. A number of books poked out of the bulging maw of the pack. He moved forward in silence, admiring the defenses which were still being formed. However at their core they held the astounding look of resilience that all Dwarven constructs seemed to retain. Approaching the guards standing before the Fortress the hooded figure pulled back his hood. Revealing a remarkably plain looking human with brown hair laced with traces of graying hair.

"Do you accept entry of non-dwarves?" He asked hopefully, after all the fort stood close to the very edge of civilization.

"All Human Craftsmanship is to the highest quality of their species - The object is a book bound in leather containing schematics for a wooden hulled craft sporting a colossal ram. It features a number of historical vessel construction techniques. The hull is designed to support the Ram which is depicted embedded in the side of a Sperm Whale. The book is titled: The Violator of Waves. "
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:13:13 pm by TheLifeweaver »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 262