Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Swarm Simulator  (Read 45258 times)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: Swarm Simulator
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2015, 04:27:12 pm »

I held out for 371M mutagen for the first ascension. Thing are going pretty damn fast at the start. Nearing 4th nexus and thinking of going lepidoptera, bat, swarmwarp for mutations.

At the end of my first run I dumped all my cocooned larva and enough meat rushes into territory to buff up the territory/sec rate and therefore the territory rush amount allowing me to rush quite a few territory expansions for an extra hit of mutagen.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2015, 11:29:18 pm »

Your next hatchery has a 20% chance to award 23,745 mutagen.

Your next expansion has a 20% chance to award 26,210 mutagen.

I realise I'm still a relatively low-level pleb, but...

This goes up exponentially.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2015, 07:53:21 am »

So, in case this was still in question for anyone, I've played around with my respecs (since I've had some anyone from accessions) and I can definitely confirm that although clone is better before you ascend, with mutations added into them, swarm warp definitely becomes better. I don't know what the actual break point is, but even at just 100 million mutation warp is better. So. Yeah.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2015, 08:29:09 am »

So, in case this was still in question for anyone, I've played around with my respecs (since I've had some anyone from accessions) and I can definitely confirm that although clone is better before you ascend, with mutations added into them, swarm warp definitely becomes better. I don't know what the actual break point is, but even at just 100 million mutation warp is better. So. Yeah.

I'd do the math, but I'm not really competent to actually break it down. But it makes sense, since clone is only exponential until you reach the cap, then its a linear gain, whereas swarmwarp is always an exponential gain on meat units because of how they work. Actually, one sec.

The number I see is 100000x you're production, before bats and clone mutation, for clone larva. That's about 28 hours worth of production, ASSUMING you have enough larva/cocoons to always produce that max. That's the kicker there, I think. You need to effectively "waste" larva in banking up for Clone. Plus, you can cast warp 6 times to a clones one. Based on my math, swarm warp starts edging out Clone Larva, base clone larva, when it hits the 6 hour mark. And at that point its pretty much always better, unless you have absurd amounts of larva, as it also lets meat units run for that time. Again, with the caveat that I am probably doing the math wrong.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2015, 08:42:15 am »

I accidentally deleted my browser cache and stuff. GG, several millions of millions of millions of stuff.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2015, 08:45:51 am »

The backup to Dropbox works really well, especially if you play on multiple PCs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2015, 09:05:36 am »

I'd do the math, but I'm not really competent to actually break it down. But it makes sense, since clone is only exponential until you reach the cap, then its a linear gain, whereas swarmwarp is always an exponential gain on meat units because of how they work. Actually, one sec.

The number I see is 100000x you're production, before bats and clone mutation, for clone larva. That's about 28 hours worth of production, ASSUMING you have enough larva/cocoons to always produce that max. That's the kicker there, I think. You need to effectively "waste" larva in banking up for Clone. Plus, you can cast warp 6 times to a clones one. Based on my math, swarm warp starts edging out Clone Larva, base clone larva, when it hits the 6 hour mark. And at that point its pretty much always better, unless you have absurd amounts of larva, as it also lets meat units run for that time. Again, with the caveat that I am probably doing the math wrong.

I think it's a bit complected, because of the raw numbers of units needed, when you start getting into things like hive neurons and such it seems, for me at least, to enter a cycle, where the amount of shit you need to move to the next tier eventually becomes so much that the larva you produce becomes insignificant. I think that's what really kills clone early, as eventually even clone can't keep up with it, and only your own production can. Which swarm warp boosts. So at lower levels clone probably stays a lot better for a lot longer, but at higher levels it becomes a lot worse a lot faster then just the numbers would suggest. I mean, it's a cycle, it's not always like that, and clone is still crazy at the good points of the cycle, but at the bad points the only thing that helps is swarm warp.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2015, 01:16:52 pm »

You can hold off on  Swampwarp until you have enough for three mutations

Larva Production
Lieparta (I cannot spell it)
Swampwarp (Get this last... rely on clone in the mean time)

There is never too much of a need to buy clone mutation because as Criptfeind says... Later on the limiter ends up being production and almost no amounts of larva can sustain it.

But then again I never got the clone upgrade... Which does make it so each use of Clone Larva gives you a weeks worth of Larva or even a month's... I havn't tested it, but I guess I could...

THAT and Swampwarp also makes further expansions and "improved" things come much faster.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:58:16 pm by Neonivek »

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2015, 06:10:52 pm »

So I ascended two days ago with 371mil mutagen. Lepi, bat and warp, set up nexuses and energy units, 200k, 1mil, 1mil respectively. Used swarmwarp 25-30 time yesterday morning and night and once this morning spending all larva after each warp to compound the progress. Last nigh larva production from hatcheries greatly overtook the inactive mutagen bonus so I upped the bat and warp to 27mil and 100m respectively and am now getting 1day 5hours production every 15minutes. Suddenly at 100B neural clusters and 4.7T mutagen.
This run's been a lot more fun.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2015, 01:24:00 am »

Aha, finally got over the 220 million mutagen mark!
So what mutations would you guys recommend I take? First ascension.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2015, 02:01:24 am »

Lepi, Bat and Warp is good to get off the ground, but mutation power scales to order of magnitude. (so you get 200% warp bonus for every order of magnitude of mutagen you put into the warp mut, etc) and each ten mutagen produces one larva per second, so it's best to keep some mutagen handy until you can produce a lot of larvae by yourself.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2015, 01:53:32 am »

I finally understand the meaning of cocoons. Since there is a limit on cloning, you always want to have the limit saved in cocoons so you can spend the rest freely.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2015, 02:46:48 am »

I've been converted over to the Swarmwarp side myself personally, less irritating when you buy a bunch of larvae production upgrades and the clone max jumps.

EDIT: Man, Swarmwarp must have been really broken back when it restored energy as well. I can just imagine it...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:08:52 am by Demonic Spoon »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2015, 05:02:21 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2015, 06:22:13 pm »

I've been converted over to the Swarmwarp side myself personally, less irritating when you buy a bunch of larvae production upgrades and the max jumps.

EDIT: Man, Swarmwarp must have been really broken back when it restored energy as well. I can just imagine it...
Only use swamp warp after your first ascend. Before that, clone is far better due to how many larva it gives, and the lack of mutagen boosting larva production. However, post first ascent, swamp warp IS hands down better.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13