Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Swarm Simulator  (Read 45249 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swarm Simulator
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2015, 07:01:46 pm »

Yeah. Although that said, something is screwy with swarm warp. I'm doing very long warps but only getting a few hours of stuff. I don't know if there is a bug or something in the game, but something's wrong with warp (which might make it worse then clone) so I dunno.

Edit: Seriously, I just did like a 2 day warp, and got about ten hours of stuff. Something is broken.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:04:04 pm by Criptfeind »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2015, 01:23:22 am »

I've been converted over to the Swarmwarp side myself personally, less irritating when you buy a bunch of larvae production upgrades and the max jumps.

EDIT: Man, Swarmwarp must have been really broken back when it restored energy as well. I can just imagine it...
Only use swamp warp after your first ascend. Before that, clone is far better due to how many larva it gives, and the lack of mutagen boosting larva production. However, post first ascent, swamp warp IS hands down better.
I know. I'm on my third Ascension.

Yeah. Although that said, something is screwy with swarm warp. I'm doing very long warps but only getting a few hours of stuff. I don't know if there is a bug or something in the game, but something's wrong with warp (which might make it worse then clone) so I dunno.

Edit: Seriously, I just did like a 2 day warp, and got about ten hours of stuff. Something is broken.
Have you considered making a bug report? After confirming it. I find that changing the velocity format to hours or days helps to calculate this sort of stuff.

EDIT: I just checked myself to confirm and my swarmwarp is working fine, so don't know what the problem on your side is. 1 day and 8 hours warp gave me 1 day 8 hours worth of production.

EDIT2: Also the way I make sense of the Swarm's ridicolous numbers is that they're sort of like Worm's Entities in that they invade all the parallel realities of a planet as well, if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:39:11 am by Demonic Spoon »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2015, 10:30:36 am »

I just got hive networks to the larva wall, and holy shit. I swarmwarped forward six days and now my neural networks aren't being used for construction they're producing shittons: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY MEAT UNITS HAD A SPEED UPGRADE AVAILABLE. o-o

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2015, 10:40:26 am »

Does anyone know if there's anything after Neuroprophet?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2015, 10:44:00 am »

Yeah, lots. Takes a few ascensions and a lot of swarmwarps to get there, though.

Also, is it just me or does mutagen from expansions become rather negligible later on? I thought it was catching up, but then my meat production skyrocketed as said in my last post.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GP Trixie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2015, 11:22:57 am »

Ok so my opinion on this game is that it is a big scam. The grow is actually a pretty slow completely linear grow. It's just that it's the exponent that grows instead of the number itself. Another equivalent way of seeing this is we just see all the grow through a log scale.

But even knowing it's just a scale trick, I still like my useless exponential grow. I'm actually at 1e506 meat. I’d like to know the name of this number but numbers name stop working after 1e250. I got a swarmwarp of 3 weeks, and It will be probably more than a month after the next ascension. I think I figured out the optimal strategy, or close enough at least.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2015, 01:05:47 pm »

The problem I hit is that I just don't care enough to play it anymore.

Because what happens is to play it properly I need to use Swamp Warp one after the other and each time I use one I need to go through all my production and see which needs upgrading, what I need to buy, and all that jazz.

It gets really tedius to do it the 20-50-100 times I need to use it in order to advance...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2015, 03:52:42 am »

Ugh, endless iterations of Overmind n+1 after you finally reach Overmind? Disappointing. Yeah, kind of lost interest in this. And I only have like 5 achievements left to get too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:01:22 am by Demonic Spoon »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2015, 03:57:36 am »

Aww, it just goes like that? Dangit. I mean, I'm still going because I'm only at neural clusters still, but yeah dang.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2015, 04:00:48 am »

Aww, it just goes like that? Dangit. I mean, I'm still going because I'm only at neural clusters still, but yeah dang.
Yup. I mean, I knew overmind was the last one, but I kinda of hoped I'd reach a pattern break once a got it, needing to do something different to advance instead of the same stuff over and over again ad nauseum. Such a fucking cheap copout.

I mean it's like the cheapest copout possible, I wasn't expecting this at all.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:03:50 am by Demonic Spoon »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2015, 10:39:26 am »

with most of these games, they run faster if you close your browser. there tends to be lag when doing calculations with the browser open. I noticed this some in this game. not as much as in others.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:07 pm »

KITTENS
Sig! Onol

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2015, 03:29:35 am »

Thread title is outdated.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kitten Klicker!
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2015, 03:30:54 am »

KITTIES

This thing is literally a catsplosion simulator now.
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2015, 04:23:27 am »

Gods damn it. Not again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13