Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58486 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-A cry for help]
« Reply #795 on: April 16, 2015, 04:10:30 pm »

"Oh, for- fine, fine, don't mind anything else, let's go chasing after voices in your head."

Follow.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 16, 2015, 04:39:52 pm »

Aldeth nods hurriedly and runs off to the Kenku to ask them to not blow up the mountain yet, please.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:47:00 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 17, 2015, 09:13:04 am »

Sarco considers pressing the matter of the false coin bag, but when he hears that a chick might be in trouble decides to drop it.

"That is the sound that one of your chicks might make in distress? Certainly we must rescue it!"

Sarco hurries off in the direction that the sound came from.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 19, 2015, 04:04:06 pm »

((Is it too early to bump yet? :V))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:10:50 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 20, 2015, 09:44:50 am »

The party quickly moves in the direction of the cry for help-only a short distance away down an adjoining hallway, they spot the little baby bird sitting in the middle of a corridor. It doesn't seem injured, perhaps just scared and unwilling to move.

As soon as the party gets close, it looks up at Kawtari and repeats its' call, holding out it's tiny arms to her to pick it up.

---

Speak to the pirates.

"Come on lads. 'Er says we're only a short walk from a town - Omlett, she called it - and that she and these birdtypes are gonna be picked up soon. If we kill them and take what they have, they'll hunt us down like dogs. If we act all peaceful like with 'em, then we can get enough to eat to walk up to Omlett, and then get enough food and directions to get back to sea. Maybe then you can go back and find your beloved captain what did you over, eh? Look, I don't like her, but I think she speaks the truth. We might be able to kill'em right quick, but they'll be avenged before we've even digested the vittles we steal..."

"...then we best kill em quick, eh Cap'n Shorty? Before they friends arrive!"

It occurs to Feclan that these lot are really a bit more murderous than your previous crew, and not at all reasonable. That's not totally a detriment on some situations, but...

As the pirates begin a ragged charge once more, Feclan sees the first reinforcements begin to drop down from the sky on swift Raven mounts of their own...he notes they are the same people from his dream, earlier.

He feels it's his time to make that choice.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:00:20 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 20, 2015, 09:57:02 am »

"If we are quite done with the heroics, we are lea-ving!"

Make like a tree and getouddadere.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 20, 2015, 10:26:48 am »

”Bleedin’ hell, little left for it, I guess… Eejits. Probably can’t get on the right side in time, so I guess I need to make it obvious what side I’m on… Bastards are going to get me killed and them too. Always knew I’d be killed by an idiot.”

Open fire! Fire an arrow at the lead (orc) pirate.

”Hold fast yer bloodthirsty heathen! That’s a warning shot yer blighter – hold fast and put down your weapons or the next goes in your eye!”

In between shouting and firing, try to attract the attention of the airborne cavalry to make it obvious I am not foe.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 20, 2015, 03:31:54 pm »

Kawtari picked up the chick, tenderly, before turning.
"+Hold tight, little one.+"

Head back with haste.

-----

Kawtari saw the tiny figures below begin to approach the downed bird. If they sought to injure the chicks, she'd... well, they'd not enjoy nor survive the experience she was about to give them.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 20, 2015, 04:33:47 pm »

Seeing the chick taken care off, Tadhg too heads back with haste!
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 21, 2015, 10:42:14 am »

Kawtari picked up the chick, tenderly, before turning.
"+Hold tight, little one.+"

Head back with haste.

Kawtari's hands gingerly reach for the chick, which look up at her appealingly...and pass right through. It's an illusion!

She looks up in time to see a large, Draconic maw looming from the shadows in a previously smooth section of ceiling. The Kenku warrior feels an queer tingling in her feathers and reacts on pure instinct, somersaulting backwards as some sort of intangible blue energy sweeps through the area she just occupied-she manages to just catch the edge of it, and feels a momentary, terrifying sensation of her flesh being cooked, as if by electricity-followed by a vicious downward slam as the force grabs(?) her and throws her down the ground-she feels like her equipment (thankfully not fully metallic) was subjected to a powerful force which she knows is produced by a 'lodestone' the sort used in a compass, which attracts metal-she is not sure of the technical term (Samara is) which is better known as 'magnetism'. Her own weapons, mask and even the studs on her armor drag her to the ground-very painfully.

-14 HP, Knocked Prone

Spoiler: Ion Cannon (click to show/hide)

"Exxxxxcellent reflexes, Avian." purrs a queerly smooth and gentle reptilian voice, from the hatch in the ceiling-previously concealed by illusion.

"My dear mother...once told me the best bait for heroes was the cry of a lost child...how they come running..." it comments darkly, smugness oozing from every amplified word.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:43:50 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Kawtari gets baked]
« Reply #805 on: April 21, 2015, 01:32:07 pm »

Kawtari painfully tried to shove herself to her feet. She'd always had a soft side for chicks - maybe becasue she had no intentions of having any herself, with her nature tainted as it was.

"No chance... I'd risk... leaving one behind..."
She hissed in pain and tried to look up to what had attacked her.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 21, 2015, 01:49:53 pm »

Kawtari can only see the shadow of teeth and horns that her mind associates with...Dragon.

"A noble gesture. Idealism comes at a cost, though does it not?" the voice suggests, seemingly considering your words. "In any case, your name is 'Kawtari; isn't?

I must thank you, dear avian. You have been a great aid to me, though doubtless...undesigned.

'We had a time limit, in that they planned to blow up the mountain' were your exact words. I do enjoy listening from afar! I had assumed they had a nasty surprise prepared, your foul bird kind. I could understand nothing of your wretched squawking words. So careful never to let a single word slip...well, It is good to know it's inexact nature, now. I will no doubt be able to neutralize this...problem. They should not ruin my new home.

Interesting that the Queen, my erstwhile ally, failed to mention this..."

You hear a low-throated chuckle.

"...You can run, now, little beings. I would have killed you all and thrown your bodies to the Harpies, but for an odd dream I had. Amusing, that it saved your lives...

You can do me a favor for this gift, of sparing you-spread the fear of me, the new ruler of this place-the great Dragon Ssej! It is wise of you to do so, for I will slaughter anyone who trespasses on my new domain, Avian, Man, Elf, kobold, or Lizardfolk-save those that bow to me. Spread my fear, and you will save lives. A very heroic ideal, don't you think?"
It hisses.

There is a threatening silence.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 22, 2015, 11:33:03 am »

Tadhg hesitates, weighing their options against each other, then runs over to Kawtari and helps it up. No point in wasting more time fighting this thing, they needed to get up before the burdmen started the destruction. They had to hope this thing couldn't stop that in time.

"Come on, we've got to go."

Offering his shoulders up for support if Kawtari needs it, Tadhg hurries as fast as they can manage back down the corridor.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 23, 2015, 10:59:38 am »

"Yes. Let's."

The bitter taste of failure filled her. Had she endangered her own kind?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 23, 2015, 11:00:42 am »

Sarco hissed in worry about a dragon being nearby, before nodding his head and hurrying back. the way he came.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58