Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58519 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Dream States]
« Reply #690 on: April 05, 2015, 04:30:11 pm »

Kawtari had made sure to put on her helm before she encountered others, slumping at the table.
"Hmmph." she said, the sound of someone much more gruff - a vocalisation unnatural to the Kenku, copied to show more understandable mannerisms to the non-feathered.
"I dreamed of darkness, and the light going out... a wretched circumstance, indeed. I wonder how accurate a dream can be...?" She shook her head. "What did you dream of? I hear sometimes it helps to talk of it."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 05, 2015, 04:56:10 pm »

Humming merrily to herself, Samara breaks fast, thinking with a slight tinge of satisfaction about how much she'll enjoy burning that changeling if she escapes in truth.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 06, 2015, 01:35:53 pm »

Tadhg continues his trudge through the extended metaphorical storm of his mind.

He sort of rolls his eyes at the next time he's interrupted-it seems Aldeth has fallen into the ocean somehow, and she's rapidly floundering under the roaring waves. She cries out...

""Tadhg, save me! I can't swim! Help!"" It still hurts your heart to hear her voice. It sounds like she's in pain.

He recalls a saffer proverb from his youth-'If two men fight the sea, both will die'. He knows he probably doesn't have a good chance to save her. Generally, men who fall overboard are left to their own devices, than for something to jump in and save them...better that, then to lose two people in a failed rescue attempt.

Is it worth stepping off the path even for this? She is your friend...

Tadhg shook his head sadly. He had nothing to help her with, not even a rope. If he jumped into the waters he'd risk getting swallowed up by the waves before he even got to her. He needed to continue... But how could he leave a friend to die? Leave her behind, when she needed his help the most?

"I'm coming, Aldeth!" Tadhg's stature changes to as he makes his decision. It was stupid, he knew it was, but he dives into the stormy waters anyway and begins to try to reach his comrade.
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 06, 2015, 01:46:33 pm »

"I'm coming, Aldeth!" Tadhg's stature changes to as he makes his decision. It was stupid, he knew it was, but he dives into the stormy waters anyway and begins to try to reach his comrade.

Tadhg feels he has no choice, so he leaps off the path into the stormy water, his strong legs and arms propelling him to the drowning Aldeth.

He feels a strange regret, but it's not like this is giving up...right? It's just...priorities.

As soon as he reaches the figure, she's limp and cold-he pulls Aldeth up out of the water, only to realize it's the Merfolk Girl. She tricked you! Her sensuous lips curve into a cruel smile as she grabs your shoulders.

"'If two men fight the sea, both will die..." she mocks in a sweet tone, dragging you down, down, down under the cold sea...when the darkness comes, it's something a relief.

Stupid cheating dream.

Tadhg wakes up in a cold sweat in his own room not long after-he remembers each and every detail of this dream, which is certainly odd...

---

Tadhg and Sarco also arrive in the dining hall eventually.

Only Samara looks like she got any sleep last night.

Time rolls on.

The Kenku seem to be sleeping in-Kawtari pokes her head into the sleeping area and finds most of them sleeping off the previous nights excesses.

Wataklano is the first to show his head, an hour later. He stretches out his feathers in what most of you are is a deliberate parody of human convention.

"Kraaaaa~!

...Well, all of you seem in a foul mood. Too much Ghanama, maybe?"
He jests.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:48:21 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-GG NO RE]
« Reply #694 on: April 06, 2015, 01:51:28 pm »

Tadhg looks ready to throw his cup at the kenku, but he stops himself. Instead he just mutters something and stares deep into his plate.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 06, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »

"No. Simply bad dreams in the night... Hopefully nothing."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 06, 2015, 02:14:46 pm »

"Ghanama gives dreams to match it's sweetness, but these dreams were anything but." She looked at Sarco. "And what did you dream of, then? I didn't think there could be much that could disturb you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 06, 2015, 02:17:15 pm »

"Not everything is something, and most things are nothing. Still, anything could mean everything, couldn't it?" He quips.

He sits down at the table, listening to your conversation, revealing a handful of eggs. He begins breaking them with his beak and sucking the yolks down. Eww.

"....anyway. We'll be departing by noon-via Giant Ravens. I hope none of you are afraid of heights! Heh, heh...we'll have to do some final packing...wait till everyone wakes up...and prepare the special surprise, of course...

Ah, but continue. I'm interested in these dreams."
He says, tapping his chin with one claw.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 06, 2015, 02:20:02 pm »

Aldeth pales a little at the idea of flying on the back of a giant bird.
"Not... not bareback, right?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 06, 2015, 02:22:15 pm »

"+Giant ravens? I look forward to it. Still... special surprise? Should I be concerned?+" Kawtari signed/squawked playfully.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 06, 2015, 02:47:11 pm »

Aldeth pales a little at the idea of flying on the back of a giant bird.
"Not... not bareback, right?"

"Well, we do use covered palanquins. For the chicks! The larger, older Ravens carry heavier supplies, and those who can't fight.

Of course, one rides a Giant Raven into combat barebacked-typically, two riders, one to steer, and one armed, as a lookout. You can take a safety harness if you want (we use them train younger riders), but it'll slow your Raven down quite a bit. During a sky-fight, you want to be as fast as possible! Generally, going light on gear. Falling is a risk, but so is failing your clan."

He takes a moment to look at Aldeth closely.

"Well, you'll make your own choices, I'm sure." he clucks.

"+Giant ravens? I look forward to it. Still... special surprise? Should I be concerned?+" Kawtari signed/squawked playfully.

He gets a gleam in his beady eyes.

+"Well, keep it to yourself-but, we're merely going to blow up the mountain."+ He signs calmly.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 06, 2015, 03:00:02 pm »

"I think I'll take that safety harness."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 06, 2015, 03:04:49 pm »

"I think I'll take that safety harness."

"Ah, but what if your Raven gets knocked out of the sky because he's too heavy to avoid danger, sending you plummeting to a messy end among razor sharp rocks?

The safest path is not to fly at all, hmm?"
He squarks.

You think he's mocking you.

"I'm mocking you, by the way."

Damn.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 06, 2015, 03:18:19 pm »

Aldeth glares daggers at him.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 06, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »

"+Merely blowing up a mountain? Why, I'm surprised it's even of note.+" Kawtari signed dryly.

"Ha. Do not worry, Aldeth. If you fell, I'm sure they would catch you."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 58