Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58524 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Dream States]
« Reply #675 on: April 01, 2015, 04:47:33 pm »

Suddenly, Kawtari's helmet was stifling.
Quietly as she could, she pulled it off.
She ran a clawed hand over her head feathers, careful not to nudge or wake any of the others.

She began making her way out of the sleeping chamber, finding it suddenly too dark and containing - the Kenku slept best in the pitch black.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 01, 2015, 09:22:33 pm »

Samara smiles blandly. Someone took rather little time to forget how easy it was to transition from the state of 'person' to 'extra crispy'.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 01, 2015, 09:37:56 pm »

Sarco stumbled back from the figure, his conviction shaken by it's words. "How do you know me! How... Do I know you?! Why are you sacrificing my people! What could possibly threaten that much... That anyone could think such a sacrifice had to be made! Who are you!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 02, 2015, 08:29:38 am »

Sarco stumbled back from the figure, his conviction shaken by it's words. "How do you know me! How... Do I know you?! Why are you sacrificing my people! What could possibly threaten that much... That anyone could think such a sacrifice had to be made! Who are you!"

The figure removes it's hood.

It's Kawtari... without her mask, you can see her terrible deformities in that bitter yellow light.

"Reality is under threat, old friend. I must rekindle the center of all light and life. I need to be strong to do this...your people are the least price to pay...otherwise they and all will perish in the end of space and time...the infection...the entropy, that claims everything...

I do not ask for forgiveness, or pity...or permission. I have gone beyond the mortal, Sarco. I know what must be done.

If you think you know better, try and stop me...or stand aside..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 02, 2015, 10:46:33 am »

He shakes his fist angrily at the merfolk before keeping on walking down the bridge, still huddling.

The thunder crashes angrily, as if Tadhg is somehow missing the point.

His seemingly endless walk is interrupted yet again a few hundred miles on. This time it's his father calling to me-he's on his ship, the Shady Wench...the storm doesn't seem to bothering the crew much, but then again, there was never a better ship...you dreamed of being it's captain when you were a child...

"Tad, my son. Where are you going? Don't you know that what's at the end is just as bad as the trip there?" He says, chortling a familiar belly laugh. Vinsween could be charming and loving...when he wanted something from you.

"Come on deck, my boy. There's warm clothes in your bunk, and good food. What else could a Saffer man want? And when I go after my time ends, why, the ship will be yours boy-from father to son. Isn't that what you've always wanted? A ship of yer own? The seas would be yours-the freedom to do whatever you want.

All ye has to do is take my hand, Tad."
He says, holding a grizzled paw out to you. Take his hand...step off the path...

Tadhg hesitated. He wanted to reach out and grab his father's hand, but he felt he needed to continue down the bridge too. He had spent so much time on it, he couldn't give up now! All the miles travelled would have been in vain. And for what? Being back in the same place as when he was a child? He had hated it then and had despised his father, and though the years may have softened his feelings for the old bastard he still had no wish to go back to that.

Besides, those boats weren't made for the open sea, and it was foolishness to sail it straight into the storm.

"I'm sorry, Father. I need to continue. Send ny regards to the others, will you?"

They probably wouldn't even have dry clothes in there, and Tadhg really wanted some nice, dry clothes right now.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 02, 2015, 08:26:59 pm »

Sarco moved further back away from Kawtari. "Why... Why do they all have to die. Why can't we fight them together? I'm sure if we gathered an army. Or something. So many people sacrificed... It can't be the only way! Come with me! Tell me what this threat is! This infection!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 03, 2015, 09:31:18 am »

Tadhg continues his trudge through the extended metaphorical storm of his mind.

He sort of rolls his eyes at the next time he's interrupted-it seems Aldeth has fallen into the ocean somehow, and she's rapidly floundering under the roaring waves. She cries out...

""Tadhg, save me! I can't swim! Help!"" It still hurts your heart to hear her voice. It sounds like she's in pain.

He recalls a saffer proverb from his youth-'If two men fight the sea, both will die'. He knows he probably doesn't have a good chance to save her. Generally, men who fall overboard are left to their own devices, than for something to jump in and save them...better that, then to lose two people in a failed rescue attempt.

Is it worth stepping off the path even for this? She is your friend...

---

Sarco tries to reason with his former friend...

"It's not something you can truly fight with a blade...or even an army...it's the light and warmth going out-not a thing that can happen, but a thing that no longer does. How do you fight a dying fire?

It's the end of everything-even the end of the endings. You can only stoke the flames to keep this infection at bay-you can never truly defeat it....I am that torch, Sarco. Your kind are the fuel I need to burn. It is not complicated. I wish there were some other way...

I will pay any price, old friend. I will go to any lengths. I cannot be stopped in this."
She says, her voice with the cold conviction of the utter fanatic.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 04, 2015, 10:13:39 am »

Meanwhile...

Suddenly, Kawtari's helmet was stifling.
Quietly as she could, she pulled it off.
She ran a clawed hand over her head feathers, careful not to nudge or wake any of the others.

She began making her way out of the sleeping chamber, finding it suddenly too dark and containing - the Kenku slept best in the pitch black.

Kawtari makes her way to the now mostly empty feast hall-it's utterly dark and quiet, surely early in the morning

Coney and Aldeth are also here, but it's otherwise empty...

Aldeth involuntary swallows and glances around in fear; she didn't remember getting into bed. Did a Kenku or one of her friends move her into bed? Or... was it something else? Either way, she tried to recall the quickly fading dream she just emerged from... something about red lances on an enemy, running away and a great, uncontrollable fear of the mental protective abilities that Coney showed her.

A grumble in her stomach interrupted her, and she wandered off to find some breakfast while she waited for her companions to wake.

Aldeth is eating some cold ham in the darkness (This sucks) when people start to show up in the feast hall.

First Coney, who rubs her eyes in surprise. Without her armor and heavy cloak, she looks surprisingly small and fragile.

"G'morning, Aldeth...what are ya up for? S'till early..." she mutters.

A minute later, Kawtari also enters-moving quickly to her seat, fleeing as if being pursued...though no enemy is apparent.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 04, 2015, 10:17:22 am »

Samara strolls in, the corners of her mouth twitching slightly, settling into place with a small plate of vittles.

((Spells prepared updated on her sheet.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though Sarco and Tadhg are still lost in dreams, the rest of the party reflects on their meals, and seems to have recovered from the previous days exertions.

Portent Rolls for Samara=10, 19

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:54:48 am by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 04, 2015, 10:54:01 am »

"I don't understand Kawtari. I can't understand. Show me this death of light. I can't believe that this is the only way to fight it!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 04, 2015, 11:05:15 am »

"You don't want to see it...if I showed you, you'd want to join me, not stop me. Enjoy your blindness, Sarco.

Let me give you the wisdom I've earned.

You can't win, so don't try to fight...you can delay it, though. Keep them from opening the doors-by them, I mean mortals. The Infection tries to get them to hasten the process-it lies, it whispers, it threatens. Aldeth knows...knew. I didn't want to have to do that to her...but, you can remain good...if that is truly what you want. You can stop them and...still die a hero, if that's what you want. Perhaps that is the true way, that we should all die...with clean consciences...every small action gives a brief reprieve. You may die-all of us may die-to give the world-all the worlds-another day to live. That is the stakes, old friend...

Sometimes I wish I had never put on this armor...then I could still be a hero. But once I did, there was really only one logical thing to do..."

As she turns her back on you and begins to walk away, the dreams begins to fade.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 04, 2015, 03:54:30 pm »

Kawtari had made sure to put on her helm before she encountered others, slumping at the table.
"Wretched dreams. Did you, at least, sleep better than I?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 04, 2015, 06:36:48 pm »

Aldeth gives a quick and quiet shake of her head, her hair hanging obscuring her face like the branches of a willow.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58