Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58527 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well. I'd drop it back in the hole. But that would probably kill it. Anyway, Miss Coney, I assume this is our destination? Will you be leaving us now, or do we continue overland for a time?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"Mad with fear, perhaps."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"I'll lead you up to the Kenku Monastery...it's not far from here. Figure I might end up leading you back someways, maybe, so I'll stick with ya until yer all right." She says, toeing the Sahuagin.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At that, Kawtari twitched slightly.
"Kenku?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Coney nods.

"Aye, they wahship the great bugger-,a gaunt iggle! Deal with em' occasionally. They're pretty much just the type to want to be left alone. Cause no trouble but what's caused them."

Kawtari also recalls something Risey said the day before...

...Also, as for the surprise, I know your kind, Kenku-your folk have a little place in the Kalibrak, keep to themselves, and worship that giant bird of theirs, but-occasionally I deliver them medicine...haven't been around to make my normal rounds, of course. Sort of secretive. Don't really trust anybody. But, they pay me fair prices..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It has been a long time since I saw a true one of my kin... rather than whatever the broodling is. We kenku tend to stay to our flocks, it is true.

The night is dark without kin's light, or so we are told as chicks."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"By and lahge, the sames as mine and my own. We say, ah 'Family and kin share a mind No one is truly alone. who shares his mind with his brothas and sistahs'

Comes to the same thing, I think."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Coney goes through the Sahuagin's belongings, but finds nothing she wants to take-just a spear and a shield and a satchel with a collection of small plants, shreds of unidentifiable meat strips, and a scattering of small stone icons.

"No more business with this one, then? We should be off soon." She says, rising to her feet and wiping off her hands.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:21:00 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Indeed, let us go."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"Quite."

Go go Gadget plot advancement!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

((To quickly cover all the things I missed...))

Tadhg stands in silent awe of the Queen as the others speak, seemingly out of put out of his senses by her presence to the point that Sarco has to yank him back awake as the party begins to move on.

If it's possible, he also makes sure to check if any of his thrown javelins are retrievable before starting to climb up.

Tadhg also agrees it is time to move on the the Kenku monastery.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I suppose there is no reason to stick around."

Also ready to go.

On the match to the monastery though Sarco moved near to Samara and spoke. "Miss Samara, you are... Well versed in the ways of the seer and the seeing of the future yes? Your peoples equivalent to an astronomer?" He seems uncomfortable speaking of this, and hesitates before continuing onward. "Because. A few nights ago. I had a dream. Or a nightmare... And... Well, normally I would just ignore my own dreams. I am no prophet. But this one was... Scary, and it felt more real. I was wondering if you might know of a way to tell if it could have been real. Or maybe a warning of something I could prevent?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nature seems to have calmed down somewhat. The trek to mountain may yet engender no difficulty-the skies are still cloudy, but the storms seemed to have blown themselves out. You walk along the ancient roads lead to the mountains, past snowy avenues where the bright flowers and sweet grasses are slowly beginning to die...the land is utterly silent and peaceful, the only sound heard is the sighing wind-and the occasional call of a hawk.

[?]

Samara has a sneaking idea that the birds are a showing up a bit too regularly-they seem almost to be shadowing the group. A good sign or a bad one?

Coney speaks little, perhaps uncomfortable exposed above ground-she has idly identified a few of the plants in the sahuagins pack. She points out a few of them to Tadhg.

"This here long tube like flowa, it's called Whitecandle. Ya can grind it up to reduce pain. Good fer a hangova!"

...And this one is called Bastit, with the tiny green berries, see. The oils good for keeping bugs off yah neck. Just crush em up and rub em on. Figure we won't be having to worry about bugs, though, with the weather changing..."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

If it's possible, he also makes sure to check if any of his thrown javelins are retrievable before starting to climb up.

I would like a GM check on this, please. :D
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-A walk in the park]
« Reply #599 on: March 24, 2015, 04:14:05 pm »

Samara arches an eyebrow, "I do not peddle in superstitions. Perhaps you have had a prophetic dream, and I would hear what you saw, but in my vast and extensive experience such 'visions' are most often rooted in indigestion. Oh, and by the by... Be on your best behavior, we are under observation. It would be so dreadful if we had to immolate a few dozen other superstitious fools in our quest because someone did something unfortunate, neh?"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:42:15 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58