Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58310 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine job]
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 07:01:34 pm »

"...Well then, best of luck to you. If you're all agreed-there's a hard days work ahead of you, is there not?" He replies, seeming very satisfied.

Needless to say, at this point you're on your own. You can ask the Baron as much as you like, but eventually you're given the bums rush.

[Starting Gold rolls] ((going with your basic class rolls, x2))

Samara gains...200 gold
Aldeth gains...280 gold
Akira gains...240 Gold
Tadhg gains...280 gold
Sarco gains...240 gold
Kawtari gains...300 gold

Omlett is little more a collection of farms in a loose community, than a village proper-most of the people who live in town more or less serve the Baron directly, or what few travelers pass through like yourselves. There are four establishments large enough to be called businesses on main street.

Spoiler: Sunrise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ancid's Armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Riddling Sphinx (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Painted Flower (click to show/hide)

What happens next, is up to you...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 07:21:02 pm »

"Now, then," Samara begins, "I believe that it would be traditional to begin by nosing about a public house for information from drunkards and desperate locals, no? What was the name of the place... the Gilded Lily, or something equally gauche, I think?" she snorts.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 07:32:42 pm »

"I am not sure if the local drunks and other reprobates would be the greatest source of information on this mad wizard. Certainly he would fall in with his own kind, the scholarly community, or at least what passes for it around here. That healer, Risey. Perhaps?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 07:36:17 pm »

"I have business with Ancid. We should meet at the inn at nightfall, or gather earlier if you find any hints of the mad."
Head to Ancid's Armoury
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 07:37:39 pm »

Akira sneaks off towards the Healer's place.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 07:47:32 pm »

Ancid is small for a Dwarf, with a heavily muscled build typical of smiths-his small, beetle black eyes give him a somewhat ferocious glare. Though he does look his age, one has no doubt his mind is still sharp. He gives Kawtari a second glance as she enters.

"...Ah well. Ye ain't the strangest stranger ever to walk in here." he says, gesturing to his examples of metalwork. The majority of it is very high quality indeed, though it seems to lack inspiration. It's doubtful he gets much of a challenge. The dragon armor is prominent though, a queer mechanical mixture of dark red scales and what seems like thick, reptilian bones cast in a bronze alloy.

"Gawk all ya want, but what do ye want?" he says, in his best brusque Dwarven shopkeeping voice.

----

Akira skulks over to Sunrise-a charming little shop, not very large, not very clean-but certainly useful to the people who live here.

Risey is in, frowning over a mortar and pestle and carefully diluting small amounts of bright red liquid in a jar, with a clear liquid that looks like water. When Akira enters, she puts her tools to the side and addresses the Kenku with a bright...but, tired smile.

"Well, I 'spose you're one of the newcomers come to help us with...Poor Mad Markison. What brings you here, friend?" She says, a bit gently-almost as if she's not sure what to make of the stranger. Or perhaps she's a bit ashamed her shelves seem nearly depleted.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 07:54:27 pm »

Akira looks around for a few second before turning back to Risey.
"U-uh... I-I tho-thought it w-would be best to... a-ask around about h-him..."
Akira looks at what the healer was working on. She fidgets nervously and takes a half-step back towards the door.
"B-but if you're b-busy I c-can come back..."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 07:57:48 pm »

"I am not sure if the local drunks and other reprobates would be the greatest source of information on this mad wizard. Certainly he would fall in with his own kind, the scholarly community, or at least what passes for it around here. That healer, Risey. Perhaps?"
"If it pleases you, I suppose. Though you'd do well to remember that my ilk do not appreciate being compared to petty alchemists and hedge witches. I daresay she'll have had little more to do with him than anyone else, unless he was not in fact a scholar and magician of good repute-and that, my friend, is still very much within the realm of possibility, I fear."

To Risey's shop.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 08:01:31 pm »

Akira looks around for a few second before turning back to Risey.
"U-uh... I-I tho-thought it w-would be best to... a-ask around about h-him..."
Akira looks at what the healer was working on. She fidgets nervously and takes a half-step back towards the door.
"B-but if you're b-busy I c-can come back..."

"Busy trying to make two plus two equal six, sure." She shoots back. Even if shooting was not strictly required.

*ding, ding*

Samara enters behind you.

"Well, ain't I popular." She comments drly.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:08:06 pm by Dwarmin »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 08:03:02 pm »

Akira quickly looks back at who entered. She pauses to process that new information before shuffling into a corner.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 08:10:15 pm »

"Ah, skulking around as usual, Akira? No matter," Samara chuckled, turning her eyes towards Risey.

"One of my companions felt that your no doubt fascinating work might have created a bond of friendship between yourself and this madman we have been hired to capture and contain. Your dear Baron, while positively delightful company, knew little of import in this matter. I was hoping that you might be able to narrow the possibilities at hand, and perhaps shed some light on the nature of the man's madness," she pauses, "Or, if that is too much, at least give us some hint as to where he might dwell when not running amok and Polymorphing innocents into poultry."

3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2015, 08:13:25 pm »

Akira flinches and starts towards the door with haste.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 08:28:25 pm »

"Not sure what you're asking. We...talked some, sure-before and after. His name was Mark...he was a nice enough fella. We talked shop. Back then I was just running the shop part-time for my mother. He was a wizard, newly graduated he says. Told me he was looking for something...said he wanted to figure out how to combine the powers of what he called 'arcane and divine'. Said there was a link we were all missing...well, you'd think he was the sort of guy to take on the world and win. He swaggered in here like a real Hero, gave me the most charming smile you'd ever seen..."

Risey smiles sadly, perhaps leaving some things unsaid.

"Afterwards, I don't think he recognized me. You could still see the man he was, on good days. But wherever he's gone, I don't think he's coming back.

If you're looking for him, it's known by those that care for him-we around here can have pity for a man who fell on such bad fortunes. We used to leave things for him, by the big Sapporwill trees. Small gifts and offerings. He may be mad, but he did know what we do for them-and he helped people, in the ways he could. Folks around here are more worried about him, than afraid. 'Course they don't know what magic can do...

Anyways, you could leave him a gift at one of those trees, and a note. He might meet you. Depending if he's feeling sensible. He ain't been feeling really sensible lately, I'm sorry to say. Before I'd see a poor man who needed help...now I'm a bit afraid, like he's turning into a dog that might be apt to bite you.

Lots of things I can cure, and that man is beyond me ever, I know that."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2015, 10:22:50 pm »

"That will have to do. These 'Sapporwill' trees, where are they?" Samara asked.

After hearing Risey's response, she turned to leave with a last parting word over her shoulder, "Oh, and girl? You'd do well to avoid latching your affections onto wizards. The good ones will have no time for you, the bad ones will waste your time, and the evil ones will leave you with no time at all," she smirked, "Ta for now, my dear."

3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 09:03:41 am »

((BUT THE SIDEQUEST D:

Also posting to wa- I MEAN TAKE PART IN

I hadn't noticed you had started a thread yo already, dwatmin. You ninja-gm :P ))
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58