Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 159916 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Generations is out!
« Reply #1350 on: October 28, 2016, 11:26:15 am »

I swear to god if they make me kill another 800 Silverwind Nargacurgas and Hellblade Glavenus for the G-rank versions of the same frigging armor...

---------

Edit: By the way, for the guys who haven't beaten Generations yet and don't want to. This is what awaits you when you finish off Glavenus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpFsNeubnug

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 28, 2016, 01:19:44 pm »

Goddammit. So thats why it decreased in price.and i just bought it as well.
Well, if localization track record is something to be relied upon, it's going to be a year after release before it makes it to the west. Might be faster this time since the low rank village stuff is translated. In which case high rank village needs to be localized, along with mission descriptions.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 28, 2016, 11:09:56 pm »

Truly, the Meowstress song-and-dance sequence came out of nowhere. Half because "whoa when did MH become a musical" and half because "what do you mean village story is over it's just a Glavenus" for me.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 29, 2016, 04:42:20 am »

Been kinda lax with my playing of this...
Finally up to 4* Village and only 2* Guild...
BUT
I have finally captured the Redhelm by my self...
Fainted twice and spent a fuck ton of Pots, mega and normal. 3 Net Traps, 1 Shock. 4 Mega Dash, 3 Armour/Deamon. 2 Ancient pots and a few other items...
But I Captured that fucker...

Kinda feel good about it too. Considering that my armour was just 3 pieces of Nargacuga (Head, Chest, Arms) and 2 Yuku pieces (Legs and Torso) and a Second Rank Rough Edge...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 08, 2017, 01:56:56 pm »

Is anyone still playing now and then? I hadn't played in a while but recently picked up MH generations again. I'm HR3 at the moment and looking for people for some fun.

After beating the game I'm planning on messing around with Monster Hunter Frontier Z if anyone is into that too.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 08, 2017, 04:53:01 pm »

Is anyone still playing now and then? I hadn't played in a while but recently picked up MH generations again. I'm HR3 at the moment and looking for people for some fun.

After beating the game I'm planning on messing around with Monster Hunter Frontier Z if anyone is into that too.
I'm waiting for the G-rank version to come out.

After farming the goddamn deviants about a thousand times (not even an exaggeration, you have to farm so goddamn many of them), I think I'm pretty sick of it.

Also, I swear to god if I have to farm another hundred silverwind nargacurgas for G-rank... I will kill myself.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 08, 2017, 04:56:59 pm »

After farming the goddamn deviants about a thousand times (not even an exaggeration, you have to farm so goddamn many of them), I think I'm pretty sick of it.

Also, I swear to god if I have to farm another hundred silverwind nargacurgas for G-rank... I will kill myself.

You must be new here. Better get your affairs in order and pick a casket :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: February 08, 2017, 06:47:27 pm »

You must be new here. Better get your affairs in order and pick a casket :P
I will say right now, I'd rather do the MH4U's relic farm compared to the farm I had to do for my one single deviant Silverwind Nargacuga set.

I didn't think they could make the grind more bullshit than the relic farming. They accomplished it with MHgen.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 08, 2017, 07:02:37 pm »

Well... relic farming was somewhat luck-based, whereas with deviant armor you're always getting closer to level 10, even if at a hellishly slow pace. But yeah, I agree it's pretty awful. As someone who's farmed 3 separate level 10 deviant sets, I should know.

Edit - I swear, if they just straight raise the level cap for deviant armors in MHXX (to 15 or 20), I'm going to weep.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 08, 2017, 07:33:32 pm »

Well... relic farming was somewhat luck-based, whereas with deviant armor you're always getting closer to level 10, even if at a hellishly slow pace. But yeah, I agree it's pretty awful. As someone who's farmed 3 separate level 10 deviant sets, I should know.

Edit - I swear, if they just straight raise the level cap for deviant armors in MHXX (to 15 or 20), I'm going to weep.
My friend... we suffered together... we toiled...

No more... no more Dinovaldos... No more Hellblade Powder... Oh god please no more Hellblade Powder...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:17 pm »

I occasionally think about playing still. :P

I made a side character just for fun, and got to HR3. Really not looking forward to doing all the stuff over again, though, and I don't have much time these days.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 08, 2017, 08:34:11 pm »

I've always been a fan of counter-lancing and in MH4U I had a set with evade+2, Guard+2, Guard Up and some other stuff because I liked just how versatile the lance's defensive options are and how aggressive you can be while remaining safe. I wasn't sure which style would fit my fighting style best but I have now settled on aerial. It keeps the counter and the awesome triple-hit strong thrust(dunno why some people hate it) while having access to a ridiculously strong combo if you use elemental or status lances. The jump attack is a triple-hit strong thrust which you can follow with the second attack from the 3-hit combo, leading to an infinite combo of 3hits-1hit-3hits which applies insane amounts of element/status.

At Hr3 I've only been able to put together guard+2 and Guard UP on a set for now though due to charm limitations.

Edit: Well this is disconcerting. After comparing weapons with varying amounts of raw and elemental damage and looking at hitzone raw and elemental weaknesses of most monsters it seems that the higher raw damage weapon almost always wins damage-wise. The only weapon type that seems to have low-enough motion values for element damage to matter more than just having more raw damage is dual swords. The elemental damage values on different hitzones just aren't high-enough and it doesn't help that sharpness gives a much bigger bonus to raw damage than it does elemental. There is a handful of weapons that have some elemental damage while having close to the same raw damage value of pure raw weapons and these might be the only elemental weapons worth using. I did the math with various weapons, weapon types and various monsters(Chameleos can be an exception depending on weapon) and the results were pretty sad.

Edit2: Derp, this is what I get for doing math when sleepy and caffeine-deprived. I forgot to plug motion values in my math. This makes elemental weapons more on par with raw weapons in multiple cases until you reach high sharpness or moves with > 0.15 motion value.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:41:24 pm by Ygdrad »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 08, 2017, 11:32:56 pm »

Edit: Well this is disconcerting. After comparing weapons with varying amounts of raw and elemental damage and looking at hitzone raw and elemental weaknesses of most monsters it seems that the higher raw damage weapon almost always wins damage-wise. The only weapon type that seems to have low-enough motion values for element damage to matter more than just having more raw damage is dual swords. The elemental damage values on different hitzones just aren't high-enough and it doesn't help that sharpness gives a much bigger bonus to raw damage than it does elemental. There is a handful of weapons that have some elemental damage while having close to the same raw damage value of pure raw weapons and these might be the only elemental weapons worth using. I did the math with various weapons, weapon types and various monsters(Chameleos can be an exception depending on weapon) and the results were pretty sad.
Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about it, either. On one hand, you only really need one of each type of weapon, which is kind of convenient. On the other hand, you're not really rewarded for getting weapons of each element anymore.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 08, 2017, 11:44:57 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about it, either. On one hand, you only really need one of each type of weapon, which is kind of convenient. On the other hand, you're not really rewarded for getting weapons of each element anymore.

I forgot to plug motion values in my math due to sleepiness. The new math makes elemental weapons more on par with raw weapons in multiple cases until you reach high sharpness or moves with more than 0.15 or so motion value. Dual blades are overall pretty good elemental weapons whine sns depends heavily on the weapon in question, the sharpness level and what you're fighting.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:49:31 pm by Ygdrad »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 08, 2017, 11:57:44 pm »

For most of the average-speed and slower weapons, though, Tigrex, Grimclaw Tigrex and Hellblade Glavenus are basically still the kings. In terms of raw killing power nothing matches 'em.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 95