Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160121 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2015, 07:33:44 am »

So the insect glaive thing could use a bit more info, you can build speed on the insect and then get stamina later to get the charge time down on it. The main difference is if you start stamina it will be blunt damage, if you start speed it will be cutting at the end.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:41:42 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2015, 07:38:00 am »

The easiest way to kill Gore is to stay under him. That way, very few of his attacks will be able to hit you.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 09, 2015, 07:46:55 am »

Hey has anyone found a way to quit a Traplaying? Doing a Guild Quest for a YainKutku and the damn thing bit me at the last nanosecond from trap laying and ko'd me. I was like, NO NO NO NO NO FUKKKKKK!!!

You can't.  Kut-ku likes to do a real long diving charge attack though that should give you plenty of time to place a trap if you're on your feet.
Shoes...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 09, 2015, 08:02:22 am »

Hey has anyone found a way to quit a Traplaying? Doing a Guild Quest for a YainKutku and the damn thing bit me at the last nanosecond from trap laying and ko'd me. I was like, NO NO NO NO NO FUKKKKKK!!!

You can't.  Kut-ku likes to do a real long diving charge attack though that should give you plenty of time to place a trap if you're on your feet.
Oh I have no problem fighting him, been doing it since 'Freedom Unite'. I was just hoping there was a trick I didn't know, I went far away to set up the trap cause I know about his distances and the bugger turned away from the Palicos just to charge me down... T_T
EDIT:: OH and he Raged while fighting them, so his charge range extended...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:13:16 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 09, 2015, 10:19:08 am »

Gore Magala tips:

1. Directly under him like Jaxy said.
2. Don't stand still. Don't do combos unless you know he's not going to move.
3. Keep moving and be ready to dodge. If you see him doing something like rearing up, just dodge anyway if you don't know what's coming.
4. Feel free to run to another screen if in danger. Heal up then go back in.
5. Bring a healing palico.
6. If you just keep running around when its in rage, when it comes out it'll be fatigued.
7. If you can mount it when its raging, it will lose a lot of rage time. You can extend it further with traps.
8. Capture the Gore Magala at the end. It's actually easier than trying to kill it as it'll likely go into rage a second time.
9. If you're not standing directly under him (aka your screen is clipping through his body), dodge until you're outside of him or dodge until you're under him.
10. Don't move in straight lines. Try to go in a circular motion around him. This dodges his super rage blast as well as almost all his attacks.
11. Take your time. You have almost an hour. Relax and let it tire itself out.
12. Eat fish and bread for defense up and that high chance of damage block.
13. Bring both potions and mega potions if you really need it.
14. Harvest honey at the beginning of the map to combo your first aids into first aid+.
15. Practice guard points. You can use combos that have guard points in them while fighting him in melee to reduce the chances of you getting hurt bad if he does something weird.

Gore Magala is the first test in Monster Hunter to see if you actually know how to play the game.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2015, 10:48:22 am »

You can always use mount bombing. Combine L bombs with scatterfish for L bomb+. Eating for combiner(hi) plus 4 combo books means you can bring 3 more L bomb+. Just remember to plant the small bomb a bit farther if your bombing him when he sleeps. That can pretty much end the fight as soon as he runs to sleep.

I you can mount him when he's in rage, you can take his horns out and snap him out of it quickly.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2015, 12:23:37 pm »

I don't think there are any armors with Guard Up but Guard Up is inferior to Guard anyway.
But but but... I like blocking lasers =(

EDIT: Should probably actually ask a question here: seriously, how to not have [Gore Megala] murder the fuck out of you?
It sounds like you're a gunner? I'm a bit too lazy to go back and check your previous posts.

A lot of his moves are telegraphed, so learn to read those. For the bomb blasts you'll notice that they explode in a line perpendicular to where he's facing, so you can just dodge away from him and you shouldn't get hit. dodging to the sides will just get you hit by secondary blasts. Also be careful of this turn around swipe attack thing, if you aren't paying attention his tail will get you (it makes a loud whissh noise).

12. Eat fish and bread for defense up and that high chance of damage block.
Stewing has the chance of giving Weakener which has a chance that the monster doesn't have higher than average health and has some other effects (I think it can make the monster start out tired, and there's a video where a Stygian Zinogre gets 1-shot but I wouldn't count on that happening to you). Point is it might make the fight go a bit easier. If you fry instead you might get Defender (Hi) which makes it so every once in a while the damage you take is reduced by a lot (you'll hear a little jingly and your character will sparkle). Either way you'll get Defense Up which should make you live longer.

You can always use mount bombing. Combine L bombs with scatterfish for L bomb+. Eating for combiner(hi) plus 4 combo books means you can bring 3 more L bomb+. Just remember to plant the small bomb a bit farther if your bombing him when he sleeps. That can pretty much end the fight as soon as he runs to sleep.
I'd suggest using paintballs or long reach weapon to activate bombs, myself.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2015, 01:05:19 pm »

Look at the sharpness

Also that affinity...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2015, 01:29:18 pm »

The damage block is the best skill ever for a scrub. It blocks so much damage and it works on your palicos too.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2015, 01:57:50 pm »

Is there a list of rewards/unlocks for doing citizen quests (I don't have a better name for them, they're the ones where you talk to villagers with speech bubbles.) I want to know which ones are worth doing or not.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2015, 02:04:57 pm »

I heard from a few friends of mine they help unlock elder dragon fights, so probably a good idea to do them. Plus egstraction missions give higher dairy products

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 09, 2015, 02:17:59 pm »

Personally I'm an idiot so I activate big bombs with small bombs.  If you think you've got enough bombs, something's gone horribly wrong.

It might be because I'm wary of other methods.  In MH1 I used large bombs in just about every fight bigger than a Kut-ku and the only thign I ever hurt was myself.

Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2015, 02:38:17 pm »

Am I the only one who just sets off the bombs by hitting them?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 09, 2015, 02:55:57 pm »

No, I've found that if I do R+X+A to unsheathe lance without moving then hit B twice (haven't tried with evade extender yet) I can stab until it explodes without getting hit myself.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2015, 03:11:12 pm »

Am I the only one who just sets off the bombs by hitting them?
I keep trying to dodge them when I do set them off, hasn't worked yet though. It prolly will when I have an evasion set. I should prolly put together an evasion set.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 95