Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160118 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #390 on: March 08, 2015, 03:59:22 pm »

I fought Kirin. Probably hands down the easiest and most boring fight in the game. I don't think I took a single point of damage. Just ran around in circles.

Yeah, they just don't know what to do with that boss to make him interesting...

He kind of comes off as a "Do you know how to play?" boss rather than one of the few Legendary Monsters.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2015, 04:00:10 pm »

Monoblos is really easy too. They hyped it up so much but the guy was easier than the sand leech thing that came before him.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 08, 2015, 04:07:00 pm »

Monoblos is really easy too. They hyped it up so much but the guy was easier than the sand leech thing that came before him.

In all fairness Monoblos is a nightmare with some weapons.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 08, 2015, 06:26:24 pm »

I did it!  I killed the Gore Magala.

Used a longsword, I guess I'll go with it.  Even though it looks like it's mostly katanas which I hate.  It's basically what I wanted in the greatsword, minus an effect I never use, plus one I use all the time.  I'll probably go for one of the glaives though.

EDIT:  Glaives meaning the longsword glaives, not kinsect glaives.  I can't figure out hte kinsect glaives.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:46:59 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 08, 2015, 07:39:53 pm »

If you like the long sword's DPS power you can go for switch axe. The sword mode lacks range though.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2015, 12:34:25 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:08:56 pm by penguinofhonor »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2015, 01:10:46 am »

Wow, got totally beaten up by first Molten Tigrex and Ukanlos. Gotta practice and farm more. I really should get in that IRC sometime soon.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2015, 01:30:36 am »

So, any suggestions on what armor for a very tanky charge blade user?  Currently on Seltas, heading for Rhenoplos.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 09, 2015, 01:50:08 am »

Those are already good choices, though Rhenoplos might be more of a downgrade from Seltas (unless you're going to Rhenoplos S or something). For additional tank, you might try Basarios, Gravios, Lavasioth (I think) or anything else with Guard. I don't think there are any armors with Guard Up but Guard Up is inferior to Guard anyway.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 09, 2015, 02:04:46 am »

Tetsucabra is good too if you haven't reached Seltas S. The high rank one has sharpness in addition to defense m and health.

I currently use Tetsucabra greaves with Seltas armour. After decorations and stuff I have psychic 15, artillery 20, and sharpness 10. If handicraft wasn't so hard to decorate for, I'd have gotten that instead of psychic. I also have stamina recovery down but it's not really that big of a deal.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:38 am »

I just got my Gore magala.  If you can get them, paralysis knives are a good way to get a bunch of free damage on its head when it rages.  Enough damage will knock it out of rage.  Four will paralyze it.
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2015, 04:08:25 am »

Traps, then?  I'd say set one aside and only bring him to it when he rages but I guess you can't do it in that situation. 
Shoes...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2015, 04:24:48 am »

I hate Gore so much, I was able to win my Hunt Quest but whenever I find him in Exploration I just keep dying, he avoids me when I jump (Glaive user) or just charges through me while I am in the air. I mean I won before but now its near impossible. T_T
I get him after a while but come on this is stupidly annoying with the amount of damage I am doing to him, heck I even tried to do a capture seeing as you can normally get them when they hit the 70% mark of their health/stamina. BUT NO, bastard won't come out of Rage (Making it jump like 20% or something for the tranks to work)...
Gah GORE!!!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2015, 04:25:47 am »

I just got my Gore magala.  If you can get them, paralysis knives are a good way to get a bunch of free damage on its head when it rages.  Enough damage will knock it out of rage.  Four will paralyze it.

There are no knives, ergo, no paralysis knives. Can't upgrade my weapons any further- they all require parts beyond killing this fucker.
I first killed it with a Nercylla SnS. Sleeping it and then using L bombs on it made the fight manageable. Now though I just grab a greatsword. You're able to beat it with weapons at that tier fine.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2015, 05:56:17 am »

Hey has anyone found a way to quit a Traplaying? Doing a Guild Quest for a YainKutku and the damn thing bit me at the last nanosecond from trap laying and ko'd me. I was like, NO NO NO NO NO FUKKKKKK!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 95