Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160083 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2015, 09:40:06 am »

You also keep their stuff.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2015, 11:02:00 am »

I prefer healing palicoes (still support, I guess? but a different kind. at least I haven't found any healing/trapping supports yet). You can spend more time attacking the monster if you've got healing horns going off regularly.

They even have a big healing horn attack in this game that can increase your max health.
You get a Trapper Palico after rescuing the Maowster Hunters... Each of them can be hired...
I got a healer, an attacker, and a support.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2015, 11:33:08 am »

I have Sunsnug fully upgraded and I'm running out of room for palicos. In low rank you have a better chance of finding healing cats, but in high rank cats will have 'upgraded' versions of their team attacks (purrrtuoso/fast, flying S-bomb, upgraded meowster tank) and facility skills (bomb attack+ in meowster hunters for example). I'm gradually cycling out my low rank palicos for high rank ones, but like I said, it's more difficult to find healing cats once you're high rank. "Launch" cats are pretty much useless because you're going to be using ledges and stuff for mounting (or lance/glaive).

I need to stop using healing cats as a crutch, perhaps I'll go back to thief cats.

Here's a useful table. "Jump" is launching, "Beast" is stamina.

By the way, does anybody know how to unlock the high rank lagombi meoster hunter route? I want lagombi armor for my cat but I don't know how to unlock the correct route. I tried using Pingdex but it doesn't tell you how to unlock the route, only the rewards.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2015, 11:46:35 am »

Launch cats aren't totally useless, having 3 of them in your lineup will boost your mounting damage.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2015, 02:19:01 pm »

As a dual blades user, I will go on record saying that the best Palico's are the Stamina Palicos, solely for their ability to negate stamina drain. That is all.

Also finally beat monoblos, so on to 8* caravan quests.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2015, 03:33:42 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:00:24 pm by penguinofhonor »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2015, 03:47:29 pm »

I found that in general the quests with speech bubbles next to them (acquired by talking to people with speech bubbles) usually unlock things.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2015, 03:49:42 pm »

I beat the Rathalos last night in MH1.  Good times but I'm probably about done with that game now.  4U will be coming soon and I've kinda reached my peak now.
Shoes...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2015, 04:49:52 pm »

I got to HR2 in guild quests. I'm just rushing to high rank right now - do any optional low rank guild hall quests unlock anything important? I don't want to pass those by. In 3U they scattered a few food upgrades through multiplayer, for example.
I think all the meat unlock quests are going to be gathering hall exclusive.

Well, those quests should be listed over here. You won't really need to go after the last dairy product if you don't want to. Most useful combinations would regularly get you 50 health and max stat increases. Unless you wanna double dairy for some reason.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2015, 04:57:23 pm »

The first meat ingredient unlock is from a 2 star guild hall quest called "Bite your tongues" which requires you to fight Nerscylla (the spider) to get to HR2.
I'm HR 3 and the next meat unlock is from 3* "Advanced: Purge and Binge" which I don't have yet for some reason...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2015, 05:10:20 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:00:29 pm by penguinofhonor »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 03, 2015, 05:32:29 pm »

I'm HR 3 and the next meat unlock is from 3* "Advanced: Purge and Binge" which I don't have yet for some reason...
As an advanced quest, it randomly appears. If you don't see it, just do a quick harvest tour or that very first steak quest to refresh it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:13 pm »

I completely forgot that was a gimmick. It's okay, I need to get a bunch of iron ore anyways, never thought I'd be swimming in high quality ore without any iron.

EDIT: Umm, do I actually need to do a 3* guild quest to change the 'advanced' quests for 3 star? because I'm fairly sure there must be more than the 2 that have been on my list for the past couple of hunts.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:02:59 pm by OzyTheSage »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2015, 12:14:06 am »

I'm not too sure but I know the advanced quests will shift around after you do a quest.

I have a full set of Seltas armour. I look like a Gundam.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It has bonus to charge phials and halves sharpness decrease, which is basically super important for charge blades. Honestly I think the armour exists for charge blades.

I also gave it an additional +10 artillery so my phial boost is maxed out.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2015, 12:57:02 am »

It has bonus to charge phials and halves sharpness decrease, which is basically super important for charge blades. Honestly I think the armour exists for charge blades.

I also gave it an additional +10 artillery so my phial boost is maxed out.

I've found it pretty handy for gunlances as well - artillery god is great for lances too, and while sharpness isn't quite as necessary it's still handy. Thematically, both the chargeblade and the gunlance make sense for robo-fun.

Pity the armor has major elemental weaknesses.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 95