Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160002 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2015, 01:40:46 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:17:08 am by penguinofhonor »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2015, 01:44:12 am »

So it turns out fighting a monoblos with a weapon you're pretty unfamiliar with is a terrible plan.

Started some of the guild hall quests so I'm HR 3 now, and I'm getting into the 8 star caravan quests. May end up falling back on the lance for singleplayer and use the SA multiplayer.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2015, 01:55:50 am »

So it turns out fighting a monoblos with a weapon you're pretty unfamiliar with is a terrible plan.

Started some of the guild hall quests so I'm HR 3 now, and I'm getting into the 8 star caravan quests. May end up falling back on the lance for singleplayer and use the SA multiplayer.

Depends if you fight him solo or with a group.

Unlike most monsters I feel the Monoblos only really shines when he fights you solo... because only then do you see why he is a monster. Otherwise he is faster diablos.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2015, 02:25:27 am »

Unlike most monsters I feel the Monoblos only really shines when he fights you solo
You can't even fight Monoblos any other way.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2015, 02:28:40 am »

Unlike most monsters I feel the Monoblos only really shines when he fights you solo

really? I thought there were ways in the history of the game.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2015, 02:30:38 am »

really? I thought there were ways in the history of the game.
In every single game Monoblos is featured in, including Frontier, he can only be fought solo.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2015, 02:33:18 am »

Not even as an event? I swore there was one where you fought him and diablos at the same time.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2015, 03:21:39 am »

Hey, I'm around there too. I found that fight kind of annoying; I couldn't learn its patterns or dodge really when it took up most of the deck of the ship.

The spider was a lot easier to beat than I expected. Most of its attacks have huge telegraphs. Also I'm getting good at aiming the bug from the insect glaive, and this weapon is crazy strong when you can keep your nectars up.
I got the Spider second go, the reason I was pissed was it Chain hit me in the biggest BS ways...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2015, 06:46:46 pm »

Man, the netcode in this is brilliant. I joined my first MP game yesterday and it was a bunch of dudes in France. No lag at all.

I like this game more and more. Especially the jumping mechanics. Movement is so much more fluid. The monster designs are great too. I love the monkey thing that can form a mask with its ears!

Too bad my charge blade still doesn't have any upgrades as there aren't any for some reason...

Edit: Anyone want to trade guild cards?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2015, 09:53:12 am »

Too bad my charge blade still doesn't have any upgrades as there aren't any for some reason...

Edit: Anyone want to trade guild cards?
Yeah the Charge Blade is a very limited line at the start, get it to the 3rd upgrade and your stopped by the fact that you need to start hunting some of the main monsters. Ratholos and so forth. I feel that its kinda limiting the possiblity of how epic this weapon could look but still. Insect Glave is even more annoying, Gotta find out which monster is closest in my gamestate for the Large Monster Bone. I went back to the Switch Axe

Anyone know how to trade Guild Cards without Spot Pass, I haven't a clue tbh...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2015, 10:24:48 am »

Anyone know how to trade Guild Cards without Spot Pass, I haven't a clue tbh...
Join an online guild hall then tap the 'guild card' button on the top left of the touch screen (or do it through the pause menu but they put it on the touch screen for a reason). Then click "send" and "send to all" on the top screen. More likely then not you'll get everyone else to send their cards to you in return.

I'm pretty impressed with the netcode as well, I've only joined one room where the people's primary language was English and I think I only had noticeable lag one time.

Does anyone know a way to raise a palico's level quickly? It seems like training and meowster hunter etc. barely gives any XP at all (I don't think any of them have leveled from training).

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:50 am »

Totally getting this.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2015, 10:28:42 am »

This game tempts me to get a 3DS.

Tempts.

I'm still torn, though. When you can easily buy 10+ Steam games for $100, a game system and a single game seems like a pretty crappy deal, ya know?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2015, 10:39:14 am »

Find a couple games that might interest you and then get one. You can get an older model for cheaper but you don't get the C-stick or the Z buttons, but I managed to get through most of 3u without them so they're more QOL than anything

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2015, 11:54:21 am »

Woo, I completed the newbie set!

My friend taught me how the armour system and skills work so I'm not completely lost in all the stats and skills.

So now I have a full Tetsucabra Armour set with one +2 gathering and one +2 health. My total bonuses are:

Health +50
Defense Up (s)

I feel like I've passed the milestone of not being worthless any more.

Adventuring with random people is also great. It's so fun to hunt with others, doesn't matter if it's 2 or 3 or 4. You can to learn as well as see how they fight.

One of my favorites was when I joined some random newbie to fight the spidermama (Nerscylla?). We both had crap items. Couldn't even damage her other than mounting and hitting her ass. We fought for 40 minutes before she became super damaged but managed to kill us enough times to fail the quest. Then a few items later, I came back and we owned her. We annihilated her ass. Felt so frigging good.

Every time I fight I can feel myself getting better and better. Dodging. Running away. Waiting for timing. Knowing the proper combo. Setting up for mounting. It's so good!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 95