Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 159962 times)

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2015, 05:51:20 pm »

Damn, haven't played Monster Hunter since Freedom on my PSP. You guys are making me want to get a 3DS and 4u with all this talk. It sounds like the game itself is worth it, but does the 3DS have other games on it's platform that make it worth picking up?

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2015, 05:57:09 pm »

Damn, haven't played Monster Hunter since Freedom on my PSP. You guys are making me want to get a 3DS and 4u with all this talk. It sounds like the game itself is worth it, but does the 3DS have other games on it's platform that make it worth picking up?

Pokemon, SSMB, Bravely Default?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2015, 06:05:24 pm »

Fire Emblem Awakening, Rune Factory 4 (I think), SMT4, Etrian Odyssey 4 and Untold... I'm a little hardpressed to list any more. I'm sure there was a 3DS games thread on here a long time ago.

Are they still good? Loved the Switchaxe back in 3U.
They're still good. Axe mode is more useful, power phial isn't the be all end all, sword mode isn't just XXXXXX spam anymore. And gunlances are the same as ever as well. I actually can't think of many changes to them.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2015, 06:18:04 pm »

Pokémon/s, Super Smash Bros., Rune Factory 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Ace Attorney game, SMT4, Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7 or whatever, Theatrhythm: Curtain's Call.

That's about all the good games I can think of, but it's still quite a few. I'm sure there are more to tickle your fancy - overall, the 3DS is doing pretty well, I'd say.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2015, 06:30:06 pm »

Plus it plays any of the original DS games, as far as I know.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2015, 07:14:55 pm »

Has anyone found any good / interesting item sets?

GaijinHunter Noteworthy Armor Sets - Containing the infamous low rank Sharpness +1 / Speed Sharpening set.
Low Rank +20 Attack Armour Set
Egg Transport Set

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2015, 03:10:08 am »

Can anyone tell me what the point in using Frenzy weapons is? Why should I use a weapon that actually buffs the monster im fighting? I spent ages killing Gore Magala over and over to get the Frenzy Kinsect Glaive, only to discover it just frenzies monsters halfway into the fight. Threw that thing into the bin right away.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2015, 03:32:04 am »

Never heard of anything like that before. What's the name of the weapon?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2015, 05:19:20 am »

I really want to try a punishdraw/quicksheathe SnS set.

Just because.

Haven't found anything that gives punishdraw yet though.
You will want a skill called readiness, it gives both.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2015, 05:36:05 am »

Never heard of anything like that before. What's the name of the weapon?

It's a new thing in MH4:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2015, 06:09:31 am »

I think what it does is cause them to drop virus things which are used for G-rank crafting.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2015, 07:40:39 am »

Frenzy is actually good if you know how to deal with it. The buff you gain from overcoming the frenzy virus gives you +15% affinity for 45 seconds, that's an overall 3.75% damage boost to a weapon without afinity. The biology skill found on magala's armor set will make it easier to deal with frenzy AND make it give you 30% affinity instead of 15% when overcoming it, a nice 7.5% damage increase overall.

There are also chaotic magala weapons which have both a negative and positive affinity made from chaotic magala(half gore half white magala). Lets take the GS for example, it has an affinity of -45/20% which means 45% of the time you get a negative crit(-25% damage) and 20% of the time you get a crit(+25% damage).  The thing is these weapons are special, when you overcome the frenzy virus, the negative affinity becomes positive and added to your existing affinity add in the biology skill and it gets ludicrous, for example that gs would end up at 95% affinity 20+45+30%.

Has anyone found any good / interesting item sets?

GaijinHunter Noteworthy Armor Sets - Containing the infamous low rank Sharpness +1 / Speed Sharpening set.
Low Rank +20 Attack Armour Set
Egg Transport Set

Since I use guard points a lot I've been using a custom set since low rank it is made up of:
Gravios Helm
Artian Mail
Gravios Vambraces
Barroth Faulds
Ioprey Greaves
a 1 slot talisman of any sort

The set gives me Guard+2 and Guard Boost perfect since I like both guard CBing and counter-lancing.

If you want/need help finding custom/optimal mixed sets you can use the wonderful Athena's ASS http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:50:43 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2015, 10:52:35 am »

It's a new thing in MH4:
Yeah, I knew all that about the virus and stuff, but what weapon is it? What's the icon for it on the weapon? I've never heard of any weapon that causes the frenzy virus.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2015, 11:12:05 am »

Anyone know how to use the launching palico's ability? It seem to just spring you up slightly. I guess you could use it to do a jump attack, but it seem hardly worth the effort.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2015, 11:16:08 am »

It's a shame that there isn't just one set with both guard and guard up (as far as I know) like the glacial agnaktor armor in 3u. I liked the way it looked and it had some useful skills. I didn't really want to use a mish-mash type of armor set.

I noticed that you could make gore megala weapons fairly early, but I thought they were dragon element... if the earliest one you can make causes frenzy then it's a hidden ability of some sort, or maybe it's just something further up the tree?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 95