Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33084 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 12
« Reply #630 on: February 18, 2015, 02:22:41 am »

-_-

Engineering
[]VR CAD(+5)

Mining(+20 Diggy Diggy Hole)
[]Digging and Drilling Vehicles(1 manpower, weapons)
 Begin drilling to build base (1 manpower, +20 Diggy Diggy Hole)

Other
[]Raw Manpower (18 manpower)
 Build Meat Vat Kit (-10 Diggy Diggy Hole)

[]R&R

[]Life Support (3 manpower)
 Wake up 10 people

It's best if we build a Meat Vat Kit first because...
Hydroponics kit. Within a matter of months, you'll have your first set of harvest coming along nicely
...it'll take too long to bring in a harvest with a Hydroponics Kit. We're only waking up 10 because we don't know if 3 people can realistically handle waking up 20 people (probably so but who knows) and because we might get unlucky and fail building the Meat Vat Kit, meaning we'll have to start rationing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:28:07 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 18, 2015, 02:27:20 am »

Ok, in the interest of saving time, since the LSL can double as a small cloning vat, you can use it as a half-size meat-vat kit(1 month lead time to start and stop meat production, need muscle cell samples(the Seed bank can suffice))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 18, 2015, 02:28:41 am »

Ok, in the interest of saving time, since the LSL can double as a small cloning vat, you can use it as a half-size meat-vat kit(1 month lead time to start and stop meat production)
Sadly, we only brought the database, not the cloning equipment.

On a side note, I decided to calculate the pressure at the bottom of the canyon. It's 177 943 Pa, or 1.75 atm. Seems fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 18, 2015, 02:29:37 am »

First, I'm just going to post what I edited into my last post. I guess you didn't see it because I edited it in a bit late.

For Engineering, what about an advanced VR pod that will let people who enter it experience things that are physically impossible for a human to experience? Flying with actual, angel-style wings, for example. Having four arms instead of two, etc.

What about a cybernetics lab? Instead of just pretending to have multiple arms, why not actually give them multiple arms? We can have the cybernetics lab produce extra arms that connect to the spine and stuff and....yeah. Pretty cool idea, right?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 18, 2015, 02:33:16 am »

Hrm, if you scavenge a few cryotanks for re-purposing as cloning tanks, some advanced parts as the control circuitry and computer, and the seed bank, as well as some welded together scrap for the framing and the database, you can have the LSL right now, no design required.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 18, 2015, 02:33:37 am »

@10ebbor I said that the cryokits could be re purposed as cloning tanks with some investment of advanced parts(about .75-1 advanced parts). So it having cloning capability is possible, and thus it can produce meat if science functions are suspended

Edit: Also, we're not at sea level(about 5500 meters above sea level), so I'm not sure where you're getting that calculation :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:37:59 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 18, 2015, 02:37:36 am »

Engineering
[]VR CAD(+5) (1 manpower)
 Cybernetics Lab (1 manpower, Anna) (Anna: +20 Engineering)

Mining(+20 Diggy Diggy Hole)
[]Digging and Drilling Vehicles(2 manpower, weapons)
 Begin drilling to build base (2 manpower, +20 Diggy Diggy Hole)

Other
[]Raw Manpower (15 manpower)
 Continue unloading and covering cargo(23/50) (-5 Raw Manpower, -10 Diggy Diggy Hole)

[]R&R (1 manpower)

[]Life Support (3 manpower)
 Don't wake anyone up.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 18, 2015, 02:38:54 am »

Cybernetics lab will be design only. Also, not going to continue the base design? It's not actually finished yet...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 18, 2015, 02:40:30 am »

The entrance design is finished, right?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 18, 2015, 02:41:45 am »

Right, but no bonus would actually be given unless the whole design is completed. No points for partial designs :P

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 18, 2015, 02:43:46 am »

Ok, in the interest of saving time, since the LSL can double as a small cloning vat, you can use it as a half-size meat-vat kit(1 month lead time to start and stop meat production)

On a side note, I decided to calculate the pressure at the bottom of the canyon. It's 177 943 Pa, or 1.75 atm. Seems fun.

Hmm, well that puts out colonizing the bottom, but we could still grow things down there.

Would my movie theater and stage count for entertainment?  We can arrange some private meditation rooms later as well.

We gotta go low tech for entertainment until we get that My first factory kit, optronic computer and some kind of advanced parts manufacturer up and running.

I do not see the issue with setting up hydroponics now, in a few months we will have enough food to feed everyone, then we wake everyone up.  Then we just clone some insane rabbits with the LSL and we got meat!

Yeah, who knows what awesome design they might come up with in the last phase!  I am thinking multiple entrances at the surface to make full use of the double helix design.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 18, 2015, 02:46:52 am »

Edit: Also, we're not at sea level(about 5500 meters above sea level), so I'm not sure where you're getting that calculation :P

At about 1.09 Bar? Not really even at 24%
I assumed that to be the pressure for our present location.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 18, 2015, 02:51:06 am »

Sorry, that value was for sea level pressure. :P Also, given that typical air pressure(since this is very close to earth atmospheric pressure) would be less that half that at 5500 meters(or 18,000 feet), I might need to retcon us to be at a little lower altitude :P

...I see what happened. I was trying to go for twice the height of the grand canyon and mixed up feet and meters again. altitude is now reconned at 2135 meters, or 7004 feet, which would easily be almost 3 times the height of the grand canyon, instead of 5(or 2/3rds the height of everest :P )
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:55:33 am by tryrar »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 18, 2015, 02:54:05 am »

Right, but no bonus would actually be given unless the whole design is completed. No points for partial designs :P
We're getting a big boost to that via sending out the SSE, right?

I do not see the issue with setting up hydroponics now, in a few months we will have enough food to feed everyone, then we wake everyone up.  Then we just clone some insane rabbits with the LSL and we got meat!
The issue is that we need to wake people up now. My original plan called for 39 people and we only have 35 people available. We can make a Hydroponics Kit next turn but for now we're going to have to subsist on LSL-grown meat.

It's a shame that Dwarf Fortress 2 takes up so much space that not even an OCC could hold it. If we had that game, it could just generate fantasy stories for us! Never run out of books and never get bored! Unless...it doesn't take up all the space on an OCC. Hmmm??? HMMMMMM?????

EDIT: In the many kilometres we sent our dudes to get the cargo pod contents, did they see any animals or bugs? What's the chemical composition of the rainwater?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:58:03 am by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 18, 2015, 03:19:44 am »

Hmm, they did spy some bird analogues, as well as some strange 9-legged radial symmetry insects. I guess I could unlock a biology project for studying those one the LSL gets online. You want chemical composition of the rainwater, you'll need to collect and test that though.

&Earlier question: small open air theater for crew entertainment will work, but you'll need to use a small amount of advanced parts(.1) for the projectors and sound equipment
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:22:20 am by tryrar »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48