Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33082 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 10:March-April 2076
« Reply #525 on: February 16, 2015, 02:48:17 am »

Long term stuff isn't really an issue. By the time it is, we'll have the LSL working plus we have our pre-existing and undamaged medbay to help. What's more important is short term stuff. Respirators are ok when it comes to lung damage and such but what about the air's contact with the eyes or the skin? That's also something to consider.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:59 pm »

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus) (1 manpower)
Continue unloading and covering cargo(15/50), if finished start work on atmospheric equipment.

[]Machine Shop & Damage Control (3 manpower)
Keep working on respirators(7/50), if extra time roll over to atmospheric equipment(-10 Diggy Diggy Hole)

[]Anna manufacturing action (1 manpower) +10 morale
Make bio-suits from rubberized materials.  Have the respirator able to be worn over them.

Engineering
[]VR CAD (2 manpower)
             Continue work on underground complex design (32/200)

[]Lisa Engineering Action (+10 manufacturing bonus) (1 manpower)
Continue work on Small Cargo Hauler(58/75)

Repair & Maintenance

Other
[]Raw Manpower (18 manpower) - Science
Put together basic atmospheric equipment and test air quality.

[]R&R (6 manpower) 27% free time
 Let others take time off, rotating with those working.

[]Maintain cyrobays+life support(3 manpower)

[]Manufacturing rollover into the projects: Small Cargo Hauler first; then atmospheric equipment.  Any other bonus can be carried over into making or using the atmospheric equipment next turn.[/spoiler]

New stuff in green, we can make the bio suits and research the air quality, either way next turn we have a truck and respirators to retrieve the pods.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:42:51 pm by VoidSlayer »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 16, 2015, 12:41:32 pm »

Looks good to me, excepting the typo of morale. But thats mostly just nitpicking.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 16, 2015, 02:33:39 pm »

So general agreement is something similar to Void's plan?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 16, 2015, 03:09:18 pm »

His plan looks as good as it gets for me.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 16, 2015, 03:20:01 pm »

Fair enough. Turn will be out soonish
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 11
« Reply #531 on: February 16, 2015, 04:21:03 pm »

No! Nevermind it's all good.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:22:36 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 16, 2015, 04:50:00 pm »

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, -5 to bonus) (1 manpower)
  Continue unloading and covering cargo(23/50), if finished start work on atmospheric equipment.
>Roll:8+15=23(Critfail!)

Seems there was some uncaught damage to the control runs to the right arm of the remaining exosuit from the crash, as a spark and a small fire later, the exosuit is down and the driver has at least second degree burns over the right side of his body. Little cargo gets moved this month, no scrap is assembled as a roof, and the exosuit needs repairs. (Exosuit offline; 0/50 to repair)

[]Machine Shop & Damage Control (3 manpower)
  Keep working on respirators(24/50), if extra time roll over to atmospheric equipment(-10 Diggy Diggy Hole)
>Roll:27-10+7=24

Finding enough scrap rubber that can be reshaped into masks is becoming increasingly difficult, especially if airtight integrity is to be maintained. about 5 more masks are made before the end of the month, though materials are becoming scarce.

[]Anna manufacturing action (1 manpower) +10 morale(76/50; Rollover!)
  Make bio-suits from rubberized materials.  Have the respirator able to be worn over them.
>Roll:76

On the other hand, a section of flexible plastic sheeting suitable for biosuits was found, allowing Anna to simply cut and fit to size 4 suits before running out of materials. Combined with the vacsuits and the already made masks, there are now 9 workers able to go outside reasonably protected from environmental conditions.(Biosuits completed, rollover 26 to next Anna M&C project)

Engineering
[]VR CAD (2 manpower)
  Continue work on underground complex design (71/200)
>39+32=71

Work continues on an overall base plan for an underground complex. Considerations of cavern sizes are made, and plans for integrated water & sewer lines, as well as material flows, are started. The entrance area is mostly conceptualized, ideas for level changes are discussed and discarded, ultimately settling in on a large spiral shaft with concentric rings for each level around it. That's all the engineers get done this month though...

[]Lisa Engineering Action (+10 manufacturing bonus) (1 manpower)
Continue work on Small Cargo Hauler(181/75; Rollover!)
>101+58+25=181(Critical Success!)
With the engine mostly stripped for the components needed for the battery pack and motors, it is a trivial matter of assembling the prototype. This light cargo hauler requires a driver and a crane operator, but can shuttle small amounts cargo around with ease(one shipping crate at a time), and if an additional workparty of 4 crew is carried on the back, can even do construction with aid from the crane. Lisa even finds time to add cabin sealing and environmental protection, as well as designing a robust battery pack that can last for 18 hours while the hauler is going at its projected top speed of 45 km/h, as well as a regenerative braking system.
{Small Cargo Hauler completed! M&C slot unlocked. If cargo hauler is just used to haul cargo, only 2 crew is requied and most such actions would be an automatic success(or +20 depending on context). Can be used for construction in conjunction with an additional 4 crew workparty at a +10 bonus. -20 to first month's used for untested prototype}(rollover autosuccess to next engineering project less than 100 difficulty)

Repair & Maintenance

Other
[]Raw Manpower (18 manpower) - Science(14/10)
Put together basic atmospheric equipment and test air quality.

Combining a basic sensor package with small hand pumps allows the crew to take some basic atmospheric quality readings, which reveals a surprising result. According to the readings, there is a basic oxygen nitrogen mix(around 24% and 69% repseictively), with the remaining 7% being trace elements(though none harmful to humans). What's surprising is no readings at all of any spores, pollen, or any other biological contaminants you'd expect from a world overgrown with jungle and other flora, meaning that a crewman could walk outside naked and suffer no ill effects(besides risking heatstroke and severe sunburns). This makes several crewmen who pushed for biosuits fell slightly embarrassed....

[]R&R (6 manpower) 27% free time
 Let others take time off, rotating with those working.

With a second pod free, and the ability to simply walk outside and enjoy the view, there is a marked improvement to morale. Some of the crew take the time to try to come up with some names for the geographical features the ship has landed next to, like the massive canyon just a few hundred meters from the ship. The leading candidate is the Chaurus Rift(given that "canyon" is a rather poor term for this massive cleft in the ground, as it makes the Grand Canyon look like a shallow washout). A staggering 4239 meters deep, and 30 km cross at it's narrowest, this canyon has a steep, almost vertical drop all the way down to the bottom, where the river(almost as wide as the Nile in places) is bordered by everpresent jungle in the floodplains bordering the bottom of the canyon, this Rift is one impressive piece of geography, and has the idle crew suitably awed.

[]Maintain cryobays+life support(3 manpower)

Cryobay systems nominal

Outpost Chiron Statistics:

He-3 fuel:5.18 units(3.75 units enough to run reactor at 100% for 5 Earth Years)
 Basic Parts:0.78 containers(.1 units can be used for +10 to any one Maintenance repair, or manufacturing roll. Once per turn per action only)
 Advanced Parts:2.05 Containers(.1 units can be used for +10 to any one Maintenance repair, or manufacturing roll. Once per turn per action only)
 Scrap(Shortfall)

Systems and Projects online:
Small Cargo Hauler
MS & DC
Life Support

Population:35 awake(including heroes)+47 in cryopods
 Population required to run equipment:10(or 14 if using SCH for construction)(3 life support, 1 Exosuit, 1 VR-CAD, 3 Damage Control & Machine Shop, 2(or 6) Small Cargo Hauler)

Life Support Capacity:Ship only
Food Production:Ship Hydroponics only

Power Used/Produced:23.5/37.5(50% power)

Cargo

Pod A:
Digging & Drilling Vehicles

Pod B:
Seed Bank
Colony Central Computer

Cargo Bay:
My First Factory
LCL Database
Basic & Advanced Parts
Vac Suits

Psych Card: Diggy Diggy Hole

+20 to any mining action
-10 to one M&C action
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:33:53 pm by tryrar »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 16, 2015, 05:06:17 pm »

Okay, so we have plants with no means of distance reproduction, at all?  That has some serious implications.

Either the plants do purely vegetative cloning, or they all release spores at the same moment.

On a side note, oxygen is poisonous, so don't feel silly.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 16, 2015, 05:09:16 pm »

At about 1.09 Bar? Not really even at 24%

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 16, 2015, 05:13:20 pm »

So, shall we have Anna on the scanning gear, Lisa on the exosuit, the machine shop ob trying to make a second exo, the raw manpower on cargo, the truck taking people to the miners/bringing back cargo, and otherwise keep on trucking? We probably still want to go below ground (who else is thinking residential dug into the side of that cliff?), and we probably want to have biosuits and respirators, and otherwise be careful.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 16, 2015, 05:16:44 pm »

I'll remind that Lisa's R&M slot is reactor-related only

Edit: Actually, she doesn't provide an R&M slot, it's just a straight bonus if she is put on reactor maintenance and repair

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 16, 2015, 05:25:23 pm »

So, shall we have Anna on the scanning gear, Lisa on the exosuit, the machine shop ob trying to make a second exo, the raw manpower on cargo, the truck taking people to the miners/bringing back cargo, and otherwise keep on trucking? We probably still want to go below ground (who else is thinking residential dug into the side of that cliff?), and we probably want to have biosuits and respirators, and otherwise be careful.
The scanning gear is useless now since it was only good for atmosphere, it would be better if we left it to the machine shop, we don't want to use too much scrap, yes and with Anna, at -20 it's probably not a good idea. Digging into the side of the cliff is an awful idea. One little crit-fail in that project and we'd lose so much equipment, people, and morale. The biosuits/respirators will probably come in handy in the future.

Can we get an updated action sheet? The last one is out of date and it'll be difficult to assign tasks without clear knowledge of what resources we have available.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:27:17 pm by Andres »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 16, 2015, 05:26:44 pm »

We need the machine shop to repair our existing exo before we start making a new one.

The plants might reproduce with some kind of animal assistance or larger seeds/pollen then we see on earth.

If we have 6 people go retrieve the pod cargo with the truck, would that count Anna's +20 exploration bonus?  I would rather her be on that because of the -20 prototype penalty.

The main limiter to us waking people up now is food and water, is 24% oxygen toxic?

With the seed bank we should be able to set up some kind of hydroponic farming on the surface.

It is probable the 'plant' life is actually fairly different then earth plants, we need to know more.

An alternative base could be a giant spiral going down near the rift, then make a city and farming area down on the jungle flood-planes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 16, 2015, 05:29:56 pm »

Nope, any sort of cargo hauling tends to fall under M&C, so her bonus doesn't apply. (Right now, simply hauling cargo back to the ship would be a straight roll of 1d100, or -10 if you want to assemble the D&D vehicles onsite)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48