Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33071 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 11
« Reply #600 on: February 17, 2015, 09:56:40 pm »

Plus you can use the river for hydroelectric power....
What river? We landed 60km off-course. We (the players) don't know where the river is.

But yeah, Subsurface scanning equipment would be around 100 if you want excellent detail on what they find
It is? Autosuccess the SSE then!

Let's just build the LSL and survey equipment, we can use our spare manpower there.
Pretty sure we're pushing it by having Raw Manpower both build and utilise the SSE. tryar already said that any more than one action per slot was a no-no.

Maybe we can engineer a laboratory that'll then let us research advanced mechanical things like lasers and drones?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 17, 2015, 10:04:57 pm »

The river in the Chaurus Rift just 800m from you(though the jungle shows the actual river is about 1-2km from the cliff faces). You landed more like 17km off course and almost crashed in the canyon.

Also, you might wanna get the OCC set up before embarking on these grand engineering ideas, as not only would you be able to get a rather large(+30) bonus to a single engineering project, but you'd proably find the plans already created in the database
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 17, 2015, 10:05:51 pm »

Plus you can use the river for hydroelectric power....
What river? We landed 60km off-course. We (the players) don't know where the river is.
The one we are a few hundred meters above. In the canyon.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 17, 2015, 10:06:44 pm »

you mean 4200 meters above :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 17, 2015, 10:14:55 pm »

Also, yeah, no to utilizing the SSE this turn, but you can get it built. Speaking of build, can I get a build order?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 17, 2015, 10:19:43 pm »

This is without the rollover stuff, as per requested.

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, one damaged(0/50), offline)

[]Small Cargo Hauler (6 manpower, Anna, weapons, +20 over engineered, +10 Anna (M&C) +10 Anna (morale), +10 Big Crane, -20 prototype, -10 Dig Dig)= +20
 Go to the D&DV pod to unload the vehicles and drive them back, unload and carry the seed bank back.

Engineering
[]VR CAD(2 manpower)
 Continue work on underground complex design (71/200) (2 manpower)

[]Lisa Engneering action (1 manpower, Lisa)
Small Cargo Hauler Mountable Subsurface survey equipment ( Lisa(+10)) Auto success?

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop (3 manpower)
 Repair exosuit
 Rollover to making subsurface survey equipment

Scouting & Exploration

Other
[]Raw Manpower (Scouting & Exploration)(18 manpower)
 Begin Survey site for underground complex project.

[]R&R (1 manpower) 2% wow that is low

[]Life Support (3 manpower)  Wake up 5 more crew.

[]Medical Bay (1 manpower)
    Burned guy can rest for a month, we have a medbay for this exact purpose.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:31:44 pm by VoidSlayer »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 17, 2015, 10:20:54 pm »

One question, where are you getting that big crane bonus??? If you're not hauling cargo, the bonus is just +10 instead of +20(being about the same as 2 exosuits in ability to construct things)

Also, a Hauler-Mounted Sub-Surface Scanning Array would fall under the autosuccess, and require 0.11 basic and 0.18 advanced parts, as well as some scrap for framing. As a bonus though, it would have a full suite of magnetic, seismic, and GPR sensors and be able to be demounted and mounted easily from the cargo hauler(though with the array mounted the cargo hauler cannot be used for shuttling cargo or construction). it would give a +15 bonus to mineral surveys and require 3 scan techs(and a driver for the hauler) to operate. Is this acceptable?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:29:53 pm by tryrar »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 17, 2015, 10:34:46 pm »

I see the issue, it was +20 OR +10 not AND.  My mistake.

With Anna's bonuses we should still cancel out the negatives.

The truck Hauler-Mounted Sub-Surface Scanning Array thing sounds good.  I am now imagining a fleet of trucks with modular flatbed attachments for everything.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 17, 2015, 10:36:33 pm »

I see the issue, it was +20 OR +10 not AND.  My mistake.

With Anna's bonuses we should still cancel out the negatives.

The truck Hauler-Mounted Sub-Surface Scanning Array thing sounds good.  I am now imagining a fleet of trucks with modular flatbed attachments for everything.

Heh, that's not really a bad idea actually :P. So just now have to wait yay or nay for your plan

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 17, 2015, 10:51:41 pm »

Nay. There are so many things wrong and out-of-date with that plan. I'll try to update it soon.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 17, 2015, 11:04:18 pm »

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, one damaged(0/50), offline)

[]Small Cargo Hauler (6 manpower, weapons,  Anna (+10 M&C, +10 morale), +10 Big Crane, -20 prototype, -10 Diggy Diggy Hole = -10)
 Go to the D&DV pod to unload the vehicles and drive them back

Engineering
[]VR CAD(1 manpower)
 Continue work on underground complex design (71/200) (1 manpower)

[]Lisa Engneering action (1 manpower, Lisa)
 Small Cargo Hauler Mountable Subsurface survey equipment (Lisa Engineering Autosuccess)

Repair & Maintenance
 Repair exosuit
 Rollover to making subsurface survey equipment

Scouting & Exploration

Other
[]Raw Manpower (18 manpower)
 Make HLC-mounted SSE

[]R&R (2 manpower)

[]Life Support (3 manpower)

[]Medical Bay (1 manpower)

Done. Some if it's not out-of-date/wrong and things I just thought should be changed but seriously, stop trying to wake those 5 dudes up! We can't support them with our life support.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:07:36 pm by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 17, 2015, 11:09:38 pm »

I'll note that Lisa can make the prototype herself, so the manpower action is unneeded(same for the machine shop). Don't get me wrong, assisting her is acceptable if you're unsure what to have the extra manpower do, but it's not like it'll get it done faster :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 17, 2015, 11:15:16 pm »

Excellent!

Repair & Maintenance
 Repair exosuit

Other
[]Raw Manpower (18 manpower)
 Retrieve Seed Bank and OCC

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 17, 2015, 11:18:52 pm »

.....18 people hiking 34 km round trip while painstakingly carting shipping containers using rolling floor jacks? OK

(I.e. I'll allow it :P )

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 17, 2015, 11:19:51 pm »

Works for me!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48