Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (7 of 7 commandos)  (Read 11293 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (6 of 8 commandos)
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2015, 08:11:18 pm »

Probably not thermite. Probably not Nanothermite either.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2015, 08:20:26 pm »

You mean satchel charges? C4? Thermite?
Yes I do mean the 24th century C4 equivalent. Satchel charges are just a lot of explosives in a bag and thermite isn't plastic explosive at all..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2015, 08:23:47 pm »

I guess 1 module should do it. maybe 2.

FINALISED: abovesaid plastic explosive is 1 and 1/2 modules per brick
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:29:10 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2015, 08:25:22 pm »

Brick?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2015, 08:28:43 pm »

I guess that works
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (5 of 8 commandos)
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2015, 08:34:57 pm »

There we go, that's my final sheet.

Spoiler: Beckett, Team Leader (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2015, 01:14:11 am »

Updated OP. we need 2 more peeps

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2015, 02:54:13 am »

Shameless bump

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2015, 12:17:37 pm »

We should just start with six, and maybe we'll pick up some more players on the way.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2015, 02:52:22 pm »

I'll start the story when My RL friend gets her sheet in

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2015, 06:46:12 pm »

I'm cool with that. Just wanted to post to help bump also.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2015, 07:36:28 pm »

I'd like to join, if possible.

Just a few questions about gear, first.

Would a high-intensity flamethrower be an acceptable primary weapon? Would a PDW be an acceptable sidearm? Would I be able to have sticky bomb/magnetic clamp AT grenades? What about AT or Anti-Personnel mines? Concussion grenades or breaching charges? Tazers/EMP charges or other incapacitation devices? Could I have a multi-purpose axe(also handy as a crowbar) as a close quarters combat weapon?

Is speed tied to stealth ability? As in, would Webbing or an Ammo Pack make it harder to sneak? What about Titanium Bodysuit? Are squad members able to take armor of the titanium bodysuit sort? Is there a possibility for an armor between normal ballistic vest and titanium bodysuit? What technological level are we dealing with? It makes a difference as to: what sort of helmet features are there available beyond the basic IR/NV? As well, are things like power armor, mech suits, hover-tanks, or the like present in the setting? Between missions will we be able to swap out gear? How many people do we get in our squads?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:41:33 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2015, 08:18:41 pm »

Would a PDW be an acceptable sidearm?
This would be good to know, what with my main weapon being one currently.

What about Titanium Bodysuit? Are squad members able to take armor of the titanium bodysuit sort?
Yes, what can normals bring?
are things like power armor, mech suits, hover-tanks, or the like present in the setting?
Combat spacesuits?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 01:18:11 am »

I'd like to join, if possible.

Just a few questions about gear, first.

Would a high-intensity flamethrower be an acceptable primary weapon? Would a PDW be an acceptable sidearm? Would I be able to have sticky bomb/magnetic clamp AT grenades? What about AT or Anti-Personnel mines? Concussion grenades or breaching charges? Tazers/EMP charges or other incapacitation devices? Could I have a multi-purpose axe(also handy as a crowbar) as a close quarters combat weapon?

Is speed tied to stealth ability? As in, would Webbing or an Ammo Pack make it harder to sneak? What about Titanium Bodysuit? Are squad members able to take armor of the titanium bodysuit sort? Is there a possibility for an armor between normal ballistic vest and titanium bodysuit? What technological level are we dealing with? It makes a difference as to: what sort of helmet features are there available beyond the basic IR/NV? As well, are things like power armor, mech suits, hover-tanks, or the like present in the setting? Between missions will we be able to swap out gear? How many people do we get in our squads?
I'm going to sort through these as best I can. There are a lot of questions.

Still possible to join.

Flamethrower I'll say a hesitant yes to. IF it's a short range weapon (as compared to, say, works of magic where a flamethrower leaps 100m) 10m max range for balancing reasons. I'll say a gas canister should take a fair amount of lugging, 5 modules (open to suggestions here).

It would depend on the PDW itself. Tell me the gun and I'll tell you.

Sticky bomb/magnetic clamp grenades, I'll say... yes. BUT they need to have a small range. don't expect to throw a grenade 100m on level ground, and mag-nades should be heavier. And the sticky bomb makes a small scale explosion.

Concussion nades I'll say yes to.

Beaching charges (in real life, not like COD where they appear from no-where) are really heavy and cumbersome. Yes, if you're prepared to take the speed debuff.

No tazers, the purpose of the mission is to kill. I admit they're a good weapon, but it just doesnt suit the mission.

EMP yes.

Yes other squad members can use the bodysuits, just remember, your entire squad is as slow as its slowest person.

Ballistic vest will already stop a 7.62 (the average and most common you'll be facing) round 70% of the time. You can ask for a double thick vest, but it'll slow you down and make you warmer.

What technological level are we dealing with? It makes a difference as to: what sort of helmet features are there available beyond the basic IR/NV? As well, are things like power armor, mech suits, hover-tanks, or the like present in the setting? Between missions will we be able to swap out gear? How many people do we get in our squads?

No power armour besides a tiny, tiny engine in the titanium suit so you don't just collapse from the weight.
As above for the mech suit. Only a teeny weeny engine in the bodysuit.

No hover tanks, not that advanced. We're as technologically advanced as, modern day stuff, but cooler. Also we are getting dropped from a spaceship into a jungle near the compound. So, that's practically the only outlier. I'd say the humans in HALO4 (minus spartan laser and Mantises, with no cov vehicles) are pretty near this level.

Yes

Your choice, from 1-10, from memory of the OP

Would a PDW be an acceptable sidearm?
This would be good to know, what with my main weapon being one currently.

What about Titanium Bodysuit? Are squad members able to take armor of the titanium bodysuit sort?
Yes, what can normals bring?
are things like power armor, mech suits, hover-tanks, or the like present in the setting?
Combat spacesuits?

PDW's are detailed above

Yes for titanium bodysuit as above

No spacesuits. we drop in steel pods from space. we go from ship-air to planet-air in 5 minutes

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 06:08:35 pm »

Shameless bump
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8