Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (7 of 7 commandos)  (Read 11278 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (7 of 7 commandos)
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2015, 01:36:58 am »

Ok everyone. GAME IS STARTING. mark your requested drop positions on the map. Copy into MS paint and edit it and re-post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:39:33 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2015, 02:12:35 am »

Don't even need to;

I want to drop onto the flak tower.

Directly onto it.

If we have drop pods atrong enough to be, well, drop pods, we have drop pods strong enough to smash a flak tower/survive getting hit by a little flak.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2015, 02:16:35 am »

Don't even need to;

I want to drop onto the flak tower.

Directly onto it.

If we have drop pods atrong enough to be, well, drop pods, we have drop pods strong enough to smash a flak tower/survive getting hit by a little flak.

It seems I need to re-do the OP. I'm gunna do a backstory as well
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2015, 02:31:12 am »

You stole my thing Rolep, I was going to smash into the flak tower!

My HWT will smash into the SAM tower.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2015, 02:35:39 am »

OP updated, now with reason not to smash into the compound

Map redrawn as well
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:52:18 am by Insanegame27 »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2015, 08:41:54 am »

My troops will hit outside the fences facing the doorway. We'll sneak, cut the fences, and then move against the door and take out anyone not wearing our uniform.

Then we'll breach the door and go in hot with flashbangs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:05 am »

Right down on the sniper tower.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2015, 03:50:13 pm »

Land between the SAM tower and the fence, such that the tower is between us and the pillboxes.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2015, 04:11:22 pm »

Can we get a key for the updated map? Still not sure what everything is.

Regardless, drop down near the back of a pillbox and hopefully near a door.

Breach and clear, mates. Breach and clear(BURN, MAIM, KILL!)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2015, 08:16:46 pm »

I Drop next to GUNINANRUNIN.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2015, 12:41:45 am »

YOU CANNOT DROP ON TOP OF STUFF. you drop into the forest, camp (no fires) for two days (skipped time for game purposes) and then move in. you land at the same time as the marines so that the terrorists don't know you're there. If another sixty-odd troops dropped two days later, the terrorists would know that another wave is coming, but if you drop with the marines, and then the marines are slaughtered, then the terrorists have no idea that another sixty-odd troops are hiding in the forest, waiting until they're rebuilding to strike.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2015, 12:51:40 am »

The marines are inevitably slaughtered, it's almost like we have plot armor or something.

E: I thought you said we're deciding where we land in the compound, but you say we're hiding in the forest? Wouldn't that mean that we start at the edge of the map and advance from there?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2015, 12:54:30 am »

What Gunin said. I remember you saying we chose where we drop, but if we drop into the forest that's pretty meaningless.

Also, does that mean the higher-ups actually planned to get the marines slaughtered?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:20:38 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2015, 12:59:14 am »

It's so we actually have stuff to do in the game. We could find out from a captured officer where the prisoners are kept and attempt a rescue. Also sending 200 marines to attack a fortified compound defended by ~400 terrorists is never a good idea. They're more of a sacrifice so the elite (us) can move in. Also you need to choose a color that's not already on the map, copy the map into a drawing program and re-submit the map with your landing position marked in your color. I'm red, my RL friend is orange, now you need to choose a color for your team, also a name

NINJA'd Rolep. Yes. yes they did. To enable a more effective force to follow up when they're repairing. The drop pods are going to cause major damage to the compound, and we strike when they are not prepared. The marines eliminated ~100 terrorists before they were killed or captured. Adds another objective to the game to save captured friendlies.

E: GUNIN, we get to choose where abouts at the edge of the map we start. 5 kilometers is roughly where me and my RL friend dropped

E#2: also, the compound has been scaled up on that map so we can see the basic defense system
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:05:29 am by Insanegame27 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2015, 01:06:31 am »

I'll just drop right next to you guys then. Splitting our force when we're already severely outnumbered is senseless.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8