Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (7 of 7 commandos)  (Read 11290 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (5 of 8 commandos)
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 07:04:58 am »

What's the mission? Do we just need to secure the facility or are we after someone or something in particular?

Spoiler: Beckett (click to show/hide)

Can I take plastic explosives and a 40mm grenade launcher?

What are the chances of me leading a heavy weapons teams toting some rockets?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:32:04 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 03:01:10 pm »

Could you please fill out the form?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »

Could you please fill out the form?
Yes, I did. I don't want anything else aside from a handgun, a knife and a rifle.

E: Here it is again in the original format:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:10:34 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 01:12:15 am »

Are you sure? are you running light? because if you are, I suggest to ditch the webbing, It slows you down. you only have 5 out of 15 modules filled up, without webbing you'd have 5 to spare.

If you want rockets it's 5 modules for the launcher and 3 for every additional round. your men also share this system. so if you lead 10 rocketers, you can have each one with a launcher with 3 additional rockets and 1 additional clip for their gun if they have webbing

also you can ditch the scope o the gun for a grenade launcher. GL grenades are different from frags and you need to specify what type of GL grenade they are. 1 module per GL grenade, like all other grenades
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:27:49 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 05:35:18 pm »

What about plastic explosives?

Are you sure? are you running light? because if you are, I suggest to ditch the webbing, It slows you down. you only have 5 out of 15 modules filled up, without webbing you'd have 5 to spare.

If you want rockets it's 5 modules for the launcher and 3 for every additional round. your men also share this system. so if you lead 10 rocketeers, you can have each one with a launcher with 3 additional rockets and 1 additional clip for their gun if they have webbing

also you can ditch the scope o the gun for a grenade launcher.

GL grenades are different from frags and you need to specify what type of GL grenade they are. 1 module per GL grenade, like all other grenades
I'd want the space to carry a grenade launcher and extra rounds for it, or plastic explosive.

Got it.

I'd rather it wasn't attached to my assault rifle, I'd want a separate, compact 40mm grenade launcher that I'd carry on a belly band like a PDW. How much space would that cost?

Makes sense.

The team so far:
Spoiler: Beckett, Team Leader (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:11:21 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 12:17:18 am »

The helmet doesnt carry ammo or anything like that, the helmet can only support helmet mountings like NV IR (even UV, it was prototyped) binoculars etc. Most of your men are over the limit. Fatigues + ballistic vest + webbing =15

also specify exactly how many GL rounds you want, each one costs one module space
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:18:50 am by Insanegame27 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 12:26:30 am »

The helmet doesnt carry ammo or anything like that, the helmet can only support helmet mountings like NV IR (even UV, it was prototyped) binoculars etc.

Most of your men are over the limit. Fatigues + ballistic vest + webbing =15
Yeah, so a helmet provides 0 mod spaces, but shouldn't it still fall under apparel?

Where are they over the limit?
Gunner is carrying 5+6+2=13.
Assistant totals to 6+2+12=20 and has webbing.
Support's gear comes to 8+3+4=15.

also specify exactly how many GL rounds you want, each one costs one module space
The number of grenades I take would depend on how much the grenade launcher costs, also whether or not I can take plastic explosive and how much that would cost.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2015, 12:29:13 am »

The launcher would probably count as a primary weapon, if it is something like a M79.

If its a underslung GL on its own, who knows.

C4 probably costs one slot per brick.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 12:37:49 am »

The launcher would probably count as a primary weapon, if it is something like a M79. If its a underslung GL on its own, who knows.

C4 probably costs one slot per brick.
There's a variant of the M203 that's just a tube with a pistol grip and a folding stock. It's the size of a PDW. I'd rather have that than trade the sight on my rifle for an underslung tube which seems kind of arbitrary.

If the GM allows it at all.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 04:18:24 pm »

The helmet doesnt carry ammo or anything like that, the helmet can only support helmet mountings like NV IR (even UV, it was prototyped) binoculars etc.

Most of your men are over the limit. Fatigues + ballistic vest + webbing =15
Yeah, so a helmet provides 0 mod spaces, but shouldn't it still fall under apparel?

Where are they over the limit?
Gunner is carrying 5+6+2=13.
Assistant totals to 6+2+12=20 and has webbing.
Support's gear comes to 8+3+4=15.

The number of grenades I take would depend on how much the grenade launcher costs, also whether or not I can take plastic explosive and how much that would cost.

Fatigues (2), Ballistic vest (8), Webbing (5) =!= 20.
 Fatigues (2), Ballistic vest (8), Webbing (5) == 15

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 05:14:49 pm »

Fatigues (2), Ballistic vest (8), Webbing (5) =!= 20.
 Fatigues (2), Ballistic vest (8), Webbing (5) == 15
Oh, lol. My brain kept telling me that Fatigues+Vest equaled 15, somehow.

Should be better now if you want to check it again, but Team Lead isn't finished because I still haven't heard from you on the cost of a standalone grenade launcher or the possibility of plastic explosives.
Spoiler: Beckett, Team Leader (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:50:46 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 06:49:41 pm »

I can make the standalone GLA a sidearm. Meaning you'd have to ditch the 9mm

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 07:34:17 pm »

I may actually have gun modules depending on the gun, so if it's like an M4, which has 4 piccatinny rails on it, it can have 1 attachment per piccatinny rail. (only 1 sight though, for the top rail.) whereas with a pistol you're going to be lucky to get any attachments.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2015, 07:52:24 pm »

I can make the standalone GLA a sidearm. Meaning you'd have to ditch the 9mm
I'm fine with that, I edited the change into my last post. What about plastic explosives?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Storming The Compound (sign up/rules) (6 of 8 commandos)
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 07:55:15 pm »

You mean satchel charges? C4? Thermite?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:59:06 pm by Insanegame27 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8