Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: You are an Oracle  (Read 9273 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Oracle
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2015, 09:51:15 pm »

Lets try this for a name and flavor text
Leniency Selection: In order not to take to much choice away from the Queens, you select only a handfull of mates for them, and they choose the rest.
+ you choose the percentages of each caste increase, at a maximum of 50% in total, with a minimum of 15% for each caste
- 50% of the caste increase is chosen for you
- you must search out and choose at least 1/10 of mating partners to the number of new queens you have (one partner must be chosen per ten queens).
+1
+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2015, 07:24:14 am »

new update will be written in 24 hours. I just need to write up all the other traits effects for your choice, and figure out 1/2 of the issues you must face. I already Have one, to carry on the next update, but. . . . yah.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2015, 06:19:33 pm »

You feel the muscles around your mandibles tighten, in fear. Your choice can make or break the entirety of the Colony. You think hard on this for several silent minutes, before a strange idea pops into your head. One that, hopefully, in time, will help your people thrive, without it being a choking force on its individuals.

"I have thought long and hard on this matter."

Your voice rang out clear in the small room. A voice that demands authority and commands knowledge, just as the previous oracle had taught you to use.

"I have decided that, though we must honor the traditions of our ancestors, with the choosing of the Hive Queens mates, we must not ignore that we are still individuals. With that in mind, We should allow the Hive Queens to choose most of their mates, as they have been doing for years, but, in order to draw closer to our old traditions, I will a mate for every few queens. I will take on the duty of making sure our bloodline stays vibrant, yet pure. This is the duty of one who is meant to be the eyes of our Colony. This is the duty I have been birthed for. This is why the Gods themselves have chosen me, from an egg, to be an"

Oracle

Your speech must have been a rousing one, since the Council has been deliberating what to do for several hours. Unfortunately, you were told that you must stand there until the Council meeting was over, so your joints ached with stagnation. But even that gave way to more talking as they asked you the details of the plan. You told them that, in order to make things simple for you, for every ten Queens on the count of Hive Queens you would choose one mate for them to use, while the other numbers would be made up by the Queens judgement. Of course, they reminded you that, due to your position, you were not allowed to mate with the Queens in accordance to the laws of the past, something that all Antkind must adhere to, regardless of Colony. But, these were terms that you agreed to when you understood that you were a Seer.
The next Caste to bring out the issue they had to face was the Soldier one. It was, in fact, the one who led you here who spoke.

"Sir Peter the Wondrous, Oracle of the Many Eyes clan. We now address you with the news of a denizen of these lands, and several others of its kind making an impromptu campsite within our lands. we know not of their purpose in being here, but fear them being a fierce competition to our potential food stalks. They have been spotted, several times, at our fruit harvesting stops, and are of great size. It should be noted that, though there seems to be little to know fruits eaten by these strange creatures, plants left in their wake seem less healthy when examined by our workers."

He steps back, and retakes his position with his castemate, but, before you even have a chance to speak, one of the workers, then steps forward.

"As you can imaging, great, young Oracle, this has created a small shortage of food for us to eat, last harvesting period. This shortage is nothing major, thankfully, but, what was failed to be mentioned by the soldier caste is that, within the year that they have been here, there were only three of the creatures, but, now there is twelve. This creates quite a stir, considering that, if they keep increasing in number and size, they will eventually be forced to turn their eyes on our emergency supplies in order to sustain themselves. Those emergency supplies, I might add, we will need in order to move the colony to lusher, more hospitable lands."

You think carefully. It seems there are two issues stated here. . . . One being of the invaders themselves, and the second of the damage they have already cause, and might increase, the longer they are allowed to stay. . . . How would you handle this?

The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2015, 09:59:53 pm »

Send out a force of scouts to study the invaders' behaviors and search any weaknesses they may have.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2015, 10:33:27 pm »

Send out a force of scouts to study the invaders' behaviors and search any weaknesses they may have.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 10:38:19 pm »

While preparing our colony for possible war.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 04:46:46 pm »

I do apologize for the lack of updates, a few things came up with my computer. I have one question to ask, before I start the update. How many Soldiers and workers are you going to ask to be diverted, for this task?
Keep in mind that you have 9 soldiers and . .  14 workers.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2015, 08:44:29 pm »

A scouting party of 4 soldier antmen should be fine.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2015, 11:39:14 pm »

A scouting party of 4 soldier antmen should be fine.

+1

And give them all shields to hold with all four of their hands, to stave off potential blows.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2015, 11:42:15 pm »

And give them all shields to hold with all four of their hands, to stave off potential blows.
What are these shields and staves of which you speak?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2015, 06:45:22 pm »

You propose to them, a plan that is revolutionary, yet simple. Hopefully, the council wont reject this as pure madness. You are not sure if it isn't, yourself, honestly.
"I have been spoken to, by the spirits of old. They have spoken of a war that may be to come, and that we should prepare for it. They have also spoken of strange dressings called
called "kach'lds", which may be used to block blows from other warriors, and defend our soldier castes. The way, they have told me to win the war involves a party, much smaller than the usual tiny war band, for they know our numbers are small, and need for Hive protection is great. They say I should take four of our bravest Soldier caste, and, sadly, the worker caste has been separated from such a privilege, for what re ason, I do not know. The four Soldiers, and I, will sneak deep into their campsite. . . . . From there, they will speak to me once more.
"

"Strange. The spirits have never mentioned anything like this, before. Usualy they would only advise us on whether or not we can win the war. But, if you feel that that is what the spirits are saying, then, I. See little issue in you taking our offspring, so few in number."

All others of the Council basicaly said the same thing, except one of the Worker caste representitives, who merely nodded in agreement, his hands folded across his chest, and his eyes sharp and piercing.
With that, the council disbanded, and your group put together. Three Soldiers, newly raised to adulthood, and one of whom was at the council.
It took you all less than an hour to gather enough food, a mixture of fermented fruit, fresh fruit, and some older meat of small animals the hunting party brought back last week, into the two rock bowls that you thought to have brought with you. The entire trip would only take you five hours, yes, but, you dont know how long it will take you to receive word. You carried both bowls in your arms, while one carried three body lenghts of three cavernous vines twisted together, and the other both carefully carried eight large, thick sticks, just in case things went sour.
What do you think should be done once the group has reached the outskirts of the impromptu campsite?

Spoiler: Colony information (click to show/hide)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2015, 01:48:22 pm »

Everyone should go gather food and see if this area is suitable for settlement.
Max avatar size is 80x80

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2015, 02:11:58 pm »

I am so confused. I beg you to expound on such an idea please.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2015, 02:14:49 pm »

Oh, are you asking for us to command the 4 antmen? I thought we had no control over them.
Scouting Party: Begin the march to the destructive animals.
Max avatar size is 80x80

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2015, 04:10:18 am »

Look for signs of intelligence in the animals.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6