Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: You are an Oracle  (Read 9269 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Oracle
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2015, 04:41:36 am »

What about looking for an area we can spring a trap on the animals at, like dropping large rocks on them from above or running them into a deep pit we dig out.  Or both.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2015, 10:51:55 am »

Thank you Objective, StrawBarrel, and VoidSlayer for the power to not just let this dieing dog to lay. But, saddly, this task has become a bit harder due to the fact that I no longer seem to have the map that I was using to tell the story. No matter, as you keep requesting, I will keep writting.
As you and and the Hives small group of forces make their way to the invaders campsite, you examine the areas around, trying to get a feel for the new residences intelligence, minus the obvious glow of a fire created by hands other than that of your kin. You find little. Depressingly little. If one can count it as intelligence, and not merely habits of rote.
Then a few more ideas come into your head. Revolutionary ones of sanding on top of high hills and trees and dropping large stones on these beings. Or even digging holes to drop them into. And such detail these creatures. It takes you a moment to realize it, but, you never have seen . . . .  Whatever these things are. Why you know what they look like can only be attributed to the spirits.
After a day and a half of travel, you make it halfway to your destination, before the senior Soldier halts suddenly, and then motions for all to hide, as he grabs your arm and draws you behind a very thick bush with him.
for nearly a minute, all things are quiet. And then you see them. Each about five body lengths, mostly pink with splashes of color streaking across their bodies. They also seem to be merged with various other animals, some having wings and fur, others with scales, all loosely draped around their backs. Their eyes were freakishly small, and very much so beady, almost as if they had all the other pieces of them removed, and their mouths were gaping huge for their face size, yet, lacked mandibles to help them articulate and speak.
Yet, apparently, speak they did. It sounded like air force though a small tube half filled with water.
One of the creatures pulled out a small, oddly shaped, rock from the folds on its fury back. It was attached to a very short and fat stick, and had a bit of an inward curve to it. The thing walked carefully and closely to the bush to your right, and trusted it violently into the ground. At first, the Older Antman next to you seemed to twitch, slightly, his upper left hand reaching for one of the sticks he had hidden slightly in the bush, but then, there was a sight that left even him amazed. the beastlike creature, thrusted his fist into the bush, and pulled out food, almost a two and a half days worth, all in one go. Some of these fell onto the ground, out of its overfull hand, as it scooped the whole thing into its mouth, and, swallowed. and then, using the stone, pulled up many roots, and crunched one them, before its hive members fell on the bush in a ravenous fury. By the time they were done, the food supplies that would have lasted nearly a month was consumed and the plant was mostly limp, barely hanging on to the thread of life it once had.
The fear that the worker caste brought up was just suddenly realized. Is an issue that will need to be handled now.
The numbers of these freakishly tall creatures are three. These might even be the original three. . . . You sit still, and silently pray for guidance.

Spoiler: Colony information (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2015, 11:25:07 pm »

Everyone should keep still in the bushes, until the beasts are a safe distance away. Ask the soldiers if they saw anything special about the beasts. I can't really think of any long term plans right now.
Max avatar size is 80x80

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2015, 12:45:17 am »

We can dig a hole with spikes of stone underneath. Once they fall in we hit them over the head with rocks. Repeatedly over the head with rocks.

When we get back were going to need to start weapon production.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2015, 04:42:12 am »

Why don't we try sending emissaries first before resorting to murder?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2015, 09:43:18 am »

We need food. They need food (an way more than we need it by the looks of it).

Either we find another way to feed ourselves or we kick them out. Also dying out early is an option too. So that's a thing.

I'm going to hold steady on the pit traps and smashing boulders on their heads idea.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:45:19 pm by 3man75 »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2015, 12:38:51 pm »

To help achieve consensus, I'll support Objective's plan of trying to talk with the giants.
Max avatar size is 80x80

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2015, 07:27:51 pm »

+1 I say for trying to talk with them grab a handful of the berries that they dropped. Afterwards walk up to their settlement/area/camp/thing and making a bit of noise while having the warriors stand a fair distance behind us. Once they come out try greeting them in the least aggressive manner possible with the fewest hand gestures. Then take a berry eat it. Point to them eat a berry then point to ourselves and eat one as well. Point back to them and eat three berries then point to ourselves and eat none and try to look hungry. It may look confusing but it should at least somewhat convey that they are eating our food. If they're still aggressive after that run and try to think of something then.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2015, 07:51:12 pm »

+1 I say for trying to talk with them grab a handful of the berries that they dropped. Afterwards walk up to their settlement/area/camp/thing and making a bit of noise while having the warriors stand a fair distance behind us. Once they come out try greeting them in the least aggressive manner possible with the fewest hand gestures. Then take a berry eat it. Point to them eat a berry then point to ourselves and eat one as well. Point back to them and eat three berries then point to ourselves and eat none and try to look hungry. It may look confusing but it should at least somewhat convey that they are eating our food. If they're still aggressive after that run and try to think of something then.

I kinda like this suicidal amazing suggestion. +1 because I'd love to see what happens next.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:39:38 pm by 3man75 »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2015, 11:47:11 pm »

Plans are set in stone. Rolls and calculations done, and writting everything out  most of you will be unpleasantly suprised.  But I need sleep for work tomorrow afternoon, qnd writting more of the updates tomorrow morning. More sleep, that is .
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2015, 08:57:06 am »

You stay as still as possible, hoping the others pick up on the cue. Sadly, you are not a Hive Queen, and, therefore, cannot project your voice into their minds. One of the beast gets too close to your bush, ready to lay waste to it like it and its hive mates had just done to the one before, which leads to one of the younger of the Soldier caste to pop out from its hiding spot.
Thankfully, the other two of the creatures seemed to have had the same idea as the first, and moved over, closer to your hiding spot, allowing your warrior to sneak up behind it, to climb up a nearby tree, and, with a large branch in hand, jump down to club the offending invader, striking it straight in the head, and, as it dropped down, the young Antman was struck hard by the assailed's companions huge arm, throwing him back at the tree with a hard snap. Thankfully, your Bush was not hit by the falling thing, but, the older soldier pops out and rushes the Creatures as they turn to face the threat that took out, what looked like, their leader. He runs past them, in a blazing fury, and picks up the now dazed comrade, throwing it into a nearby bush, And then faces the two strange beastlike people, trying to look as large and intimidating as possible. They don't quite fall for it, but they do stand weary long enough for you and the two other of the soldier cast to do the only thing that you can think of, and that is to drag the Tall, pink, Carapace-less, animals off into the distance with you.
You take the time to check it out, and, though its body is much different than yours, not quite react to the healing rituals of your ancestors as you would hope, react it does. It, slowly comes to, not seeming to understand where it is, and then, as it strange eyes goes bit, it starts to make strange, almost gibbered frothing sounds, before flipping you onto the ground, and running hurriedly away.
 the two Soldier cast chitters of excitement when the older and younger that were separated return once more. While they catch up and tend to their castemate, you examine the left behinds of the one who just ran away. You spot two of the strange stone and stick things, one curiously wrapped in a thin, yet surprisingly tough skin wrapping. Why would a bit of wood and stone need skin? This is a matter you bring to the spirits.

Spoiler: Colony information (click to show/hide)
Let me explain. the idea was that, your first roll was if every ant had the same idea, of which they did not think the same as you. second was how they reacted. to run, or to fight, and how successful. he didnt crit, and thats why that one creature survived the brutal surprise attack. third was his survival, forth, your escape, healing, so on and so-forth.
 but that first roll was a 1. really low, if I say so myself. which is why, possible negotiations broke down at the door.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2015, 12:24:49 am »

Spoiler: question to OP (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2015, 03:15:33 pm »

The spirits (you guys) might want to help him figure out what those items are. Also, comming up with other plans of actions are acceptable.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2015, 06:48:24 pm »

Attempt to warn the council of the strange creatures, and show them the items

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2015, 08:08:10 am »

Anything else other than warning the councils about the creatures you have told them you would investigate?
(I will need a lot more to work with. I need a project to get me back in the swing of things)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6