Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: You are an Oracle  (Read 9271 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Oracle
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 11:38:49 pm »

Definitely you have been underground your whole life. The only difference now is how deep. You managed to find a place that was large. The dark, rocky sky was high above your heads. The entrance to where you and your new colony first found this cavern is quite far away. So far, in fact, that you forgot where it is, though there are rumors of a nearly endless maze, and of dodging many of dangerious and awe inspiring creatures, never seen before. Thankfully, the use of stone tools have helped with avoiding, or fighting off such beasts. You and your prior colony had mastered such new devices several generations ago, the only reason you old colony managed to grow so big. You even managed to bring some of the newest invention with you, involving ling thin vines. Several of them rapped around each other in a brade formation. This made it a stronger, though shorter version of a vine. But, enough of that. You are hungry. Its time to get some food. What kind of food do you go and get?

Danm it. Lost a lot of work. I will write of the option and you can argue amugnst yourselves what it might include, and then you will see what it includes soon.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 10:22:32 am »

Im for a mainly carnovorus diet, hunting strong animals and predators, with some berry and mushroom supplement here and there. Maybe we should try to find termitemen to enslave and milk them or something.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 10:54:00 am »

Food Traits:

Carnivorous: You eat meat. Only meat.
+ Getting food requires constant movement, and a fierce mind. +1 to offensive attacks
-Used to being on the attack, being forced to defend yourself quickly demoralizes your troops. -2 to defencive maneuvers.

Omnivorous: What it says on the tin. You eat both meat and plants
- no obvious negatives
+No obvious positives

Green Thumb: You and your ilk have been subsiding yourselves on fungi, herbs, and fruits
+Plants, except for the rare occasion, tend not to move, which means, to get the nutrients and food you want and need, you need to stay with them. +1 to defensive maneuvers
- you are so used to holding your ground, when you are attacked, that pushing your soldiers to effectively take land is extremely difficult, though, not impossible.  -2 to offensive  maneuvers
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2015, 11:02:13 am »

Omnivorous. It seems to be the best choice.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2015, 12:55:40 pm »

Omnivorous. It seems to be the best choice.
+1

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2015, 08:34:41 pm »

Max avatar size is 80x80

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2015, 10:52:25 am »

A whole bunch fruits, some cave fish, and Some sweetened fermented slush, it is. You stare greedily at the feast before you, but, are interrupted before you get a chance to start.

"Oracle Peter the Wondrous, seer of Oracle Miri the Heartfelt, of the Many Eyes colony. The Hive Queens send you their hatchling reports. It comes as follows. Of our current ranks of four workers, their numbers have swelled by ten new Adult workers. Of our current ranks of two soldiers, I included, our ranks have swelled to include nine more. Of the Hive Queens Caste, of the original two who sent me here, their ranks have grown by an additional seven members."

He paused for a few moments, which left you slightly confused, before you noticed the whispers in your mind. Faint, but, perceptibly that of someone telling you that you should have eaten a strong animal and some mushrooms, instead.

"New information from the Queens, Sir. They wish to hold a Council of the Castes, to discuss the current issues affecting the Colony. They also wish you to be present for this console."

That is rare! Your tutor had often tried to get you to join one of the Council meetings, but, because of the strictness of the rules, it never did come through. This will be your first, and your very first official duty as an Oracle. Hopefully they did not birth a Seer for you, already. It would cause a huge issue for you to have to teach someone, so early on in life. You nod, and pick up a fish, and fruit, and a fist full of the fermented slush, savoring it as you are lead to the Council room.
It was small, and looked like it was still being expanded. It looked almost like a domed box, with each side there were two representatives of each caste. Two of the oldest workers, both hailing from the old Colony. Two of the soldiers, one from the old Colony, and one who, you were told, was birthed here, shortly after this place was found, and also the one who gave you the message and led you here. The last two were the two Hive Queens, both from the old colony. One much older than the other, by at least four birthing cycles.
They all spoke among themselves, until you stepped into the center of the room, like you remembered that you were supposed to do, based on the stories that the previous Oracle had told you. You felt the Queens reach out to you, with their mental probing, filling you with a sense of joy and approval. It was nice to know that you had their backing, but, you also knew that, thanks to the second feeling of probing, it was time for the meeting to begin.
One of the Queens lifted a weak, labored hand, and a feeling of calm quiet ran throughout the whole room. It was time for the Queens to speak.

"Young Oracle, Peter. This is your first meeting of the Council, so we will forgive you for not knowing all the customs of starting it, though, we are all quite surprised that you know to step into the center of the room. In the future, your will start off the meetings by raising your upper left hand, palm out, to gather our attention, let it fall into a fist, when you are sure you have all of our attentions, and then lower it to begin the meeting. The workers will address you with issues involving the growth of the colony, from now on. This is a change from the old ways, where our soldiers would handle all the message giving, to the ways of even older, when the workers were given far more responsibility. This may change further, depending on the circumstances, and. . .

The voice in your head stopped, and seemingly was redirected, almost as if quieted for a moment.

"
And when our Colony grows, if we feel it to be beneficial to change how may Caste we have, of what kind. We will adapt the meetings to the needs of the colony. We will leave it up to the Castes here to decide on the future of the clan by votes. Each caste getting one vote. For now, since we already have the floor, we will speak on the issue that we have, as of now. Prior to the death of Oracle Miri the Heartfelt, we had discussed wither or not we should keep our current ways in choosing our mates, when the breeding cycle comes around, or if it the spirits would prefer us to go back to the old ways of having the Oracle choosing, each breeding cycle, our mates from Colonies, without and within.

With that, her voice once more, left you. This time, there was a bit of emptiness left in its wake. You longed to have her back in your mind, guiding and directing you. You were quickly snapped out of your thoughts, when you realized everyone was staring directly at you, expectantly.

Current: Random: Your queens  breed year round, with whomever is around them.
+10% to your new seasonal numbers count (rounded down)
- your antman type numbers are chosen for you

Past: Selective: before every breeding season, your Oracle chooses your queens breeding mates for her.
- 10% (rounded down) less to your new antmen numbers, per season
+ you choose the percentages of each caste increase with a minimum of 10% for any one, and a maximum of 80% for any one.`

As per usual, other Options are available to you, if you make them, though they will be viewed much more strictly by the Council.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2015, 12:18:19 pm »

Let's be selective, deciding what kind of antmen to breed sounds like a huge advantage

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 02:44:39 pm »

Why not a mix? Some selected, others the queens do whatevs.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2015, 02:58:38 pm »

Why not a mix? Some selected, others the queens do whatevs.
Name it and give it a. . . .  Errr. . . .subtext? Is tha the right word? Flaver text? It will help me to write up the bonuses and negatives, to be agreed upon.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2015, 03:39:03 pm »

Queens can do whatever, oracle picks some specifics to mate as well. That way we don't lose production of ants but still get to direct the growth of the hive to an extent.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 12:28:40 am »

Lets try this for a name and flavor text
Leniency Selection: In order not to take to much choice away from the Queens, you select only a handfull of mates for them, and they choose the rest.
+ you choose the percentages of each caste increase, at a maximum of 50% in total, with a minimum of 15% for each caste
- 50% of the caste increase is chosen for you
- you must search out and choose at least 1/10 of mating partners to the number of new queens you have (one partner must be chosen per ten queens).

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 12:32:25 am »

PTW

Judging from the title, I did not expect antpeople.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 03:22:52 am »

Leniency Selection: In order not to take to much choice away from the Queens, you select only a handfull of mates for them, and they choose the rest.
+ you choose the percentages of each caste increase, at a maximum of 50% in total, with a minimum of 15% for each caste
- you must search out and choose at least 1/10 of mating partners to the number of new queens you have (one partner must be chosen per ten queens).
+1

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 03:30:09 am »

+1
+1
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6