Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City IC  (Read 8765 times)

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City IC
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 06:29:50 pm »

"Still got in.  That's more than most people in general can say.  In fact, you might be the youngest ever accepted," Nathan replied, thinking to himself, 'Well, it looks like she knows I'm here.'
Siiiiiiiiiigh. "I gueeeeess..."
Tsuyoku naritai.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 11:51:08 pm »

Jacob allowed himself a small smile as he saw his name on the screen. That was one less obstacle between him and restoring his family's esteem. Still, he wondered who he would be dueling against tomorrow. Hopefully they wouldn't be too much of a challenge.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 12:02:16 am »

Siiiiiiiiiigh. "I gueeeeess..."

"Just hope you don't get on the branch with the Exodia guy.  Guy manages to make it to the final four or eight every year, making it his personal goal to make his opponent as angered at him as possible.  One of his opponents almost killed him two years ago, but didn't stop him from doing the same thing last year."

Nathan ignored the couple of people who glared at him for mentioning death in front of the child.  'Come on people, we're in the slums.  I saw a guy OD on drugs just yesterday and I wasn't even trying to find one.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 12:47:12 am »

Marin looked around with entirely-unfeigned pleasure.  This was only the first step to wealth and escaping the slums once and for all.  She looked over the other names.  That boy Sol, she saw, was up there, though most of the other names were unfamiliar to her.  She glanced around at the crowd, looking at the mix of joy and disappointment among the other participants...at which point her eyes glanced over another familiar face.  Halfway across the room, she saw Nathan Ardal talking to some young girl, who couldn't have been more than 9 or 10.  The crowd continued to shift and mill, quickly breaking the line of sight between the two, but in that instant, she realized just how much trouble she was in.  Sol was one thing, but Nathan knew pretty much everything about their little gang, including her identity.  He didn't look nearly disappointed enough to have dropped out, though, and that probably meant that, since she hadn't seen his name, he was using a false name as well. 

The best thing to do would be to try and keep clear of him, she decided.  If he knew she was in the tourney, he might try to use his knowledge as a weapon against her.  She knew his own job as a courier as well, but that wouldn't give her nearly as much leverage over him as he would have over her; her little job had made far too many enemies in the upper crust, compared to someone who ran the courses in the slums.  She turned slightly away, thanking her stars that she had used a false name, but cursing her poor skill with disguises.  Second-story work was lucrative enough, but this kind of work called for a grifter.  She wondered briefly if she should have listened to Bellini, but cast her doubts away with a shake of her head.  He was a good person, but stuck in the same old game.  This was still her best chance to make it big, and Nathan's presence didn't change that. 

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 02:12:33 am »

"Just hope you don't get on the branch with the Exodia guy.  Guy manages to make it to the final four or eight every year, making it his personal goal to make his opponent as angered at him as possible.  One of his opponents almost killed him two years ago, but didn't stop him from doing the same thing last year."

Nathan ignored the couple of people who glared at him for mentioning death in front of the child.  'Come on people, we're in the slums.  I saw a guy OD on drugs just yesterday and I wasn't even trying to find one.

She frowned. "Exodia in the final four? Huh... I don't think I care that much about him. Why's he so mean, though?" If he really looked like a problem, maybe she could find somewhere to get Dragged Down to the Grave...?

She didn't seem to care terribly much about the mention of death - making it rather unclear how much she actually understood it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:14:04 am by kingofferrets »
Tsuyoku naritai.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 02:54:57 am »

She frowned. "Exodia in the final four? Huh... I don't think I care that much about him. Why's he so mean, though?" If he really looked like a problem, maybe she could find somewhere to get Dragged Down to the Grave...?

"His strategy tends towards locking down his opponent's field, while using anything that can get him more cards.  Seen him run Jar Turtle with Jar of Greed, couple varieties of Swords, triple Card Trader, Mirror Force, Negate Attack, and the such frequently.  Heard a rumor that he has a Five-Headed Dragon floating in his extra deck, as well as something about an Exxod, Exodius the Ultimate and a Exodia Necross.  Formula may have changed, though you can be certain it will involve Exodia in some fashion.  Reason for being so mean?  Anger clouds a person's decisions.  The more anger his opponents are under, the more likely they fall into one of his traps."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 07:48:56 am »

"His strategy tends towards locking down his opponent's field, while using anything that can get him more cards.  Seen him run Jar Turtle with Jar of Greed, couple varieties of Swords, triple Card Trader, Mirror Force, Negate Attack, and the such frequently.  Heard a rumor that he has a Five-Headed Dragon floating in his extra deck, as well as something about an Exxod, Exodius the Ultimate and a Exodia Necross.  Formula may have changed, though you can be certain it will involve Exodia in some fashion.  Reason for being so mean?  Anger clouds a person's decisions.  The more anger his opponents are under, the more likely they fall into one of his traps."

Belle pondered this. Aside from regular Exodia, those all took a long time to work, and she was pretty sure they weren't immune to not-targeted return-to-deck (not many things were), so... "Well, I guess I just have to be happy then! That's easy, I know all about being happy. Well, unless he's boring, anyway." She nodded with a brilliant smile and more than a little self-assurance, with a little shrug on the last phrase.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:51:23 am by kingofferrets »
Tsuyoku naritai.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 02:49:17 pm »

The crowd began to seep out of the building, quite a few brooding over the fact they had not picked. Some last hopefuls were still desperately searching for their name up on the screen but most stayed disappointed. As Sol looked over the roster however he could not see any sign of who was facing whom, there were a couple of names that he would recognise on the list however but most of them were complete strangers to him.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 02:55:30 pm »

Sol sighed and turned to leave, his work here done for today. He'd made it past the first hurdle, but anyone versed in history would know what his grandfather did... And anyone versed in the streets would know he lived alone, after his father killed himself. For now, he decided it would be most prudent to see if anyone had any errands for him to do, and he made his way to the local spots, asking about for work.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 03:08:07 pm »

"Guess we'll have to wait and see if that's true," Nathan said, heading out of the building.  'I hope to Ra I don't wind up in a match against her.  I didn't see her name up there, but that doesn't mean anything.  Speaking of false names, I might as well head by Vincent's.  Get the next name set up.'

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2015, 03:42:39 pm »

Marin walked out, somewhat unsure of how to proceed.  She had to keep on going, though.  For now, she just needed to find something else.  With things the way they were, she wasn't quite willing to take the risk of teasing pockets, but her pockets weren't all that deep.  Still, she might be able to afford a small flophouse.  Her best shot, though, was still the tournament itself.  Considering how to best tweak her deck now that she was starting to get a handle on her potential opponents, she went back into the slums. 

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 04:43:08 pm »

The day of the tournament arrived, the city was full of noise and excitement. Even the weather seemed to comply with this, the sun shone brightly and there was not a single cloud in the sky. The crowd that had gathered in front of the stadium was huge but luckily the contestants did not have to wade through the clump of people. They came through a special entrance, the crowds kept away by the armed security guards that stood vigilant outside.

Most people had already arrived inside the building, the room that they were inside was modest but more than enough to hold them all. Couches were dotted about the room usually with a small table in front of them, some of these were already filled by competitors chatting nervously amongst themselves. One side of the room was dominated by a large screen which was currently showing the names of every single person who was in this tournament.

It seemed that not everyone had arrived yet though, so for now there was a little free time before the schedules were finally announced.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 04:49:44 pm »

Belle sat on a couch directly opposite the big screen, staring impatiently at it. Her chin rested in her hands, her elbows rested on her knees, and she kicked her feet out repeatedly while she waited.

"Come oooon, I've been waiting all daaaay for this, I barely slept last niiiiight..."
Tsuyoku naritai.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 04:57:45 pm »

Sol was studying the screen, looking over the names. Some names he recognized, but... There were a LOT of strangers. Were all of these real names? Some of them seemed downright silly... Then again, his name was Sol, meaning Sun, so maybe he wasn't allowed to judge...

"Patience, young one. It'll begin soon enough.... Though I admit I'm excited too~" He grinned, his hand going to his duel disk in anticipation.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 05:33:41 pm »

Jacob looks at the board of the contestants. If only there had been more information on them. He should have tried to look some up after the contestants had been announced, but he was too eager. "Well, this should be a fun day. Once I actually get to duel, anyway." He comments as he makes his way over to a couch.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9