Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][7/8]  (Read 15772 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: You are a board member of The Department of Ordinances[Weapon design][9/8]
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2015, 12:18:12 pm »

MG first then 20mm and light artillery/ anti tank gun second.
Okay, then I'll still do his pitch.

And you guys might want to ASK the military what THEY want developed.
Don't be silly, we're high up bureacrats. The military should be glad if we don't supply them with direct downgrades of their equipment.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2015, 12:19:27 pm »

I'm just an engineer. I leave talking to officers to the high and mighty council.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:11:03 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2015, 12:21:11 pm »

If someone has to talk to the plebians, Mr. Mc Gerald is still unoccupied at the moment, so we could ask him to handle that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:24:13 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2015, 12:24:37 pm »

Mr. Cressbit, as you're doing the pitch, may I request to join you in the visit to the council? Also, bringing Mr. Bösch(Funk) and Mr. Churnos(Patrick) will help us when it comes to the engineering questions that might be asked.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2015, 12:25:14 pm »

While maxim don't like to work in a team, a friend-finding mission is important enough for him to endure company.

Challenge accepted.

Oh yes maybe Mr. McHarald should just open an ice-cream joint at the barracks. Satisfies two wants in one.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:18:03 pm by evilcherry »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2015, 12:30:55 pm »

Mr. Cressbit, as you're doing the pitch, may I request to join you in the visit to the council? Also, bringing Mr. Bösch(Funk) and Mr. Churnos(Patrick) will help us when it comes to the engineering questions that might be asked.
Very well. It shout be usefull to have engineers around to answer questions. Mr. Bosch and Mr. Churnos are free to come along, though they might be otherwise occupied.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2015, 12:49:56 pm »

Meanwhile, I'll finish preliminary design on the boat. Even if the military doesn't actually WANT it, I'm sure my colleagues can persuade them they need it >:D

Length:60ft
Weight:40 tons
Hull Type:Planar
Hull construction:Reinforced Plank and Plywood
Propulsion:High-Octane gasoline engine
Armor:....it's made of wood. What armor?
Armament:2x18in torpedo tubes, 2 machine guns,(space for mounting other weapons)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2015, 12:53:45 pm »

If I might say so, I believe our good collegue Mc Harald's attention will leave the military so satisfied that we could succesfully convince them to employ a cavalry devision.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2015, 01:12:40 pm »

I'm quite sure my MG will convince the military types of its value itself once I invent it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2015, 03:05:06 pm »

Good argument, I suggest that we have small concealed ship attached versions to massacre boarding forces.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2015, 03:07:18 pm »

Add some latches along the ship rails to attach it and I can design it to be booted in quickly.

You can move them to where you need them at the last moment so they can't be spotted and so you can bring all guns into play.
Caine's law.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2015, 03:11:37 pm »

Excellent idea, with a little bit of incendiary chemicals they'd be a dozen different kinds of lethal.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2015, 03:16:10 pm »

Wouldn't creating incendiary ammunition take, oh I don't know, chemical engineers? Main point, we need more engineers to use.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2015, 03:17:34 pm »

Incendiaries on a wooden ship? How many ways can you say bad idea? 1 accident and you burn your own ship down.
Caine's law.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2015, 03:18:16 pm »

Mr McHarold also attempts to set up a small snack bar in the barracks, instead of paying with money they pay with physical exercises, He also talks to the employees about their opinions.
Wouldn't creating incendiary ammunition take, oh I don't know, chemical engineers? Main point, we need more engineers to use.

Point noted, Although small flamethrowers and gasoline could work almost as well.

Incendiaries on a wooden ship? How many ways can you say bad idea? 1 accident and you burn your own ship down.

That's why they have a sheet metal storage space.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18