Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][7/8]  (Read 15769 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a board member of The Department of Ordinances[Weapon design][9/8]
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2015, 09:03:47 am »

You can do anything your char can get at, so when in a nation you could look into buying infinite numbers of things, sell infinite numbers of things and try to temp engineers to work for you (which you can do, but may wind up with you getting shot as a spy in that nation), or if you are on the island, oversee an infinite number of projects, although, doing anything in massive numbers like that is gonna kill the dice.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2015, 09:14:00 am »

How about me and maxim go prepare a way to propose our desings and the need for materials to the council? I can't buy metal without their approval anyway. I'll take a couple of relevant engineers to help. (A naval guy, maybe aeronautics.)
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2015, 09:19:51 am »

I assume it takes a majority for someone to get approval.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2015, 09:43:44 am »

On the thing about getting people with things, that is an option, but it takes the Councils approval. As do most purchases, really.
The Island of Plokhoy Ostrov: Small, remote, mostly undeveloped, communist, and with supplies of gold that (combined with the relative lack of a military) make it a temping target for the world at large. This was a situation clearly not acceptable to any of The Council, and one they took steps to fix. Offering free transport to any ex-military personnel, particularly any who say combat service, was one of the actions they took. Another was the implementation of the Militia, consisting of nearly citizen over the age of sixteen and under twenty-five. A third action they took was the creation of The Department of Ordinances, created to supply, and develop for, the military with arms and ammunition, along with almost anything else required by the military. It started small, a board of eight and a staff of thirty, made up of experts (Or any native citizen who signed on for it) from around the world, they where given little to start with,  A office building, a warehouse, and access to whatever materials the island had access to.
We're not the council; we need the approval of the Plokhoy goverment to make purchases.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2015, 09:58:26 am »

I admit when I posted that I was thinking the "Board Members" had to agree to do anything and after that we had to get the government's approval.

I stand corrected. We just need the permission from the council.

I request a visit with the council.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2015, 10:12:51 am »

I request a visit with the council.

Woah there, eager as you might be, you don't really know anything about ballistics or boats. I bet the council will want a motivation on why we want the things we request, so how about you get that down before you talk to them?

Edit:
Do we even have the facilities to make the parts for our weapons by ourselves?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:24:56 am by AfellowDwarf »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2015, 10:26:36 am »

Request to see the council too.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2015, 10:28:20 am »

Ah very well. *shrugs shoulders*

You're right, Mr. Cressbit, I should think things through more before I take action, thank you for your advice.

We need engineers, question is how many and what type. Seeing as we're on an island, I say 1/3rd be focused on the navy, 1/3rd on weapons development, and the last 1/3rd focuses on land; However, I'm just the tank guy, so I would like some input on the suggestion.

The request for a round trip diplomatic visit to: US, UK, and France, is to find possible sellers of materials and to recruit engineers, while also possibly buying a few weapons to help our research on weapon development.

The motive behind the materials is this, we cannot build/design/prototype anything without them.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2015, 10:36:02 am »

I need as many ballistic engineers as possible and maybe 3 material engineers then just whatever general engineers can be spared.

Material to invent alloys that are light weight and tough to build weapons from and the more ballistic engineers we have the faster I can crank out weaponry designs to give us an edge.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2015, 10:52:38 am »

I agree with Churnos' motion for additional ballistics engineers. All of our equipment will require gunnery.

I believe there was a want to accuire additional equipment with AA cannons, such as the ones present on the Navy's flagship. I would leave the tanks to your discretion, Mr. Krushkov.

We should look into setting up addiotal assembly facilities as well. We currently have to make do with a single small workshop, which is likely unsuitable for building tanks and boats in tandem, if either is even possible.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:55:31 am by AfellowDwarf »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2015, 10:55:21 am »

I Agree with all of this, And we should create several steel catapults that launch explosives attached to nets and rocks to cause maximum damage to enemy infantry!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2015, 11:00:00 am »

Usage of explosives on our home territory should be kept to a minumum, as to avoid colleteral damage.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2015, 11:01:15 am »

Seems like we have a plan, so I'm going to Go to the council with my proposal to start a team to create new ships to defend our shores, starting with a PT boat.

Edit: Yeah that sounds like a better idea
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:16:18 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:35 am »

Why don't you get started on your design, and let me handle your pitch? I believe I should be better suited for convincing the council.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2015, 11:06:15 am »

Usage of explosives on our home territory should be kept to a minumum, as to avoid colleteral damage.

I agree, Although we could always test the Explosive Catapults at sea, And think of the potential applications against cavalry, infantry and heavily fortified positions! Why an entire army of them, Supported by our elite infantry and possibly a few tanks would be nearly unstoppable in a siege situation! They'd be extremely cheap to mass produce as well.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18