Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 51976 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 1: A thin soup
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2015, 09:37:41 pm »

What are your thoughts on their (Scripten and Mastah) interaction, Peradon?
Well, at this point, I think both Scripten and Mastah have a scum lean.

Scripten has a scum lean mainly because he was focusing on mastah pretty heavily. This, combined with the fact that he attacked mastah right as soon as mastah started questioning me, almost as if he were defending me. I dont like this. I dont think ANY town should defend first day. We dont have enough information to decide without a doubt who is town and who isnt. Maybe second day, but definately not first day.

Mastah has a slight scum lean because of what Scripten was saying. His questions did seem pointed, but I think town should have pointed questions. They bring out lots of info, which is a great thing. But, he does have lots of experiance, and some of his questions seem inexperianced, which is why he has a scum lean for me.

I also want to point out that Nerjin hasnt posted a whole lot. This is odd, mainly because he is an IC, which I would think would be active...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2015, 09:45:32 pm »

Good points, well thought out.

Would you mind sharing the reads you have on other players so far, and why?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2015, 10:50:46 pm »

Most Scummy
Zormod has a scum feel. He has posted enough not to be lurking, but his posts have no content whatsoever. He answers questions in one sentence, with no thought to them. He doesnt ask any questions either. This makes me think that he is scum.

origamiscienceguy is a scum lean. He is posting quite a bit, but only to answer questions, and hardly to ask. He isnt making much progress, so I think he's probably trying to make it look like he's active.

Nerjin/Comrade Shamrock are not posting much. Nerjin's postings as a player are pretty lacklustre. He seemed to not have many content-giving questions. For an IC, this seems odd. Comrade Shamrock isnt making much sense right now, plus he isnt posting much. It could just be a beginner mistake, or he may not have much time though.

Scripten has a scum lean mainly because he was focusing on mastah pretty heavily. This, combined with the fact that he attacked mastah right as soon as mastah started questioning me, almost as if he were defending me. I dont like this. I dont think ANY town should defend first day. We dont have enough information to decide without a doubt who is town and who isnt. Maybe second day, but definately not first day. (This is a quote from my post above)

Mastahcheese has a slight scum lean because of what Scripten was saying. His questions did seem pointed, but I think town should have pointed questions. They bring out lots of info, which is a great thing. But, he does have lots of experiance, and some of his questions seem inexperianced, which is why he has a scum lean for me. (This is a quote from my post above)

Dani has a very slight scum lean, basically because of his post where he was trying to be humorous. It ended up telling us nothing(even if the question wasnt wouldnt give the most info), and was confusing. But everything after that has been pretty good.

hector hasnt posted much, but he seems to be hunting some. Right now, he's neutral.
Most Town

Ok, so I'm suspicous. I may just be really paranoid, but you know, those Something Else's are out there...

Origami Why arent you scumhunting very much? You are clearly active, but not very usefull right now. Is there a reason?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2015, 11:02:34 pm »

origamiscienceguy is a scum lean. He is posting quite a bit, but only to answer questions, and hardly to ask. He isnt making much progress, so I think he's probably trying to make it look like he's active.

Excuse me? I've asked several questions.

How many of you have this as your first game?

Peradon, which team sound more fun to you, Mafia, or Town?

Dani, do you prefer to be the informed minority, or the uninformed majority?

Scipten, since you are an IC, if you were Mafia, would it be difficult to give really good scumhunting methods to the noobs? Or would your info be completely unbiased?

Peradon, if you were the jailkeeper, and all that was left was:
1 mafioso (who knows a jailkeeper is in the game)
1 cop who had previously revealed himself
1 townie
and yourself,
who would you protect, the cop, or one of the other 2?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:57 pm »

Peradon:

I don't think he was role-fishing. I think he was being honest about what he thought. I don't agree with him, but I don't think he was trying to lead the town into a no-lynch. Of course, this is all gut feeling. I have no tangible evidence, so I'm not ruling him as town yet....

I don't think ANY town should defend first day. We don't have enough information to decide without a doubt who is town and who isn't. Maybe second day, but definitely not first day.

This contradiction bothers me. It seems to me that you are bringing up points where it is convenient, but forgetting to follow them yourself.

Hector13:

I'm not sure really. They've both been arguing a lot about the mechanics of the game (voting, and pressuring people to vote, specifically) and Scripten does seem to have taken a special interest in mastah, for reasons that aren't clear to me just yet, beyond their differing play styles.

I would suggest looking at the nature of the interactions, then and comparing them to the time in which they were undertaken. I talk often about the importance of leaving RVS/RQS, and this is part of it. Meekly poking other players is not going to move the game state forward. Scumhunting vigorously is my way of moving out of RVS.

So it's null, though I can find reasons for leaning toward scum and town for him:

Town because he's putting pressure on someone and asking good questions, but scum because that pressure has been on pretty much one person, and a lot of that pressure and the ensuing argument seems to be over their differing playstyles, which is probably actually a good thing to have in a BM, aside from the lack of content.

Be careful with teetering reads like this. If you aren't sure of a player's alignment because of a single action of theirs, make a point of asking them questions that will clear things up. Teetering reads do happen. I get them often in longer games where my reads varying wildly. They're dangerous and you should try to fix them ASAP.

Hector13 and Peradon:

This interaction between the two of your had you both giving very similar reads to one another and felt forced/fake. This concerns me a lot. If one of you is to later flip scum, I will certainly be looking at the other as an associative scumread.

OSG:

Scipten, since you are an IC, if you were Mafia, would it be difficult to give really good scumhunting methods to the noobs? Or would your info be completely unbiased?

1 townie
and yourself,

None of these questions push the game state forward. They are all examples of basic RQS questions. We've moved beyond that stage. Start scumhunting based on content.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2015, 11:10:45 pm »

I can't find anybody that seems scummy though. I am a logical person that needs more info to make decisions. I am very bad at reading emotions.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2015, 11:33:14 pm »

Excuse me? I've asked several questions.

1 townie
and yourself,

Um, Scripten basically answered this for me..... so yeah....

Peradon:

I don't think he was role-fishing. I think he was being honest about what he thought. I don't agree with him, but I don't think he was trying to lead the town into a no-lynch. Of course, this is all gut feeling. I have no tangible evidence, so I'm not ruling him as town yet....

I don't think ANY town should defend first day. We don't have enough information to decide without a doubt who is town and who isn't. Maybe second day, but definitely not first day.

This contradiction bothers me. It seems to me that you are bringing up points where it is convenient, but forgetting to follow them yourself.
I dont see how these are contradictions. I was NOT defending origami. I was asked a question about my opinion, so I answered. I didnt say he was town, I said he seemed town. The reason I changed my tone in my post above was because I realised that we didnt really have anything on him, and he wasnt asking any questions worthwhile.

Hector13 and Peradon:

This interaction between the two of your had you both giving very similar reads to one another and felt forced/fake. This concerns me a lot. If one of you is to later flip scum, I will certainly be looking at the other as an associative scumread.

I cant really defend against this. All I can say is that I wasnt trying to buddy up with hector. He asked me my opinion, so I gave it. Why does this feel fake to you?

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2015, 12:38:17 am »

Zormod: Why do you suspect Dani more than anyone else?
He hasn't asked any questions that I have seen. Not even a mundane one.

You seem to be trying to avoid aggravating other players by scumreading them Zormod. Why is that?
Can you also give us some examples of the posts that other players have made that justify your present reads?
Not really, just putting it "Most to least town" from my view.I'm hoping someone closer to top isn't scum, because influence this game played a part as well.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2015, 02:28:03 am »

Zormod: Why do you suspect Dani more than anyone else?
He hasn't asked any questions that I have seen. Not even a mundane one.
O_o

Its true. I didnt see that until now.

I still have my eye on you zormod....

Unvote Zormod
Vote Dani

Dani, what do you have to say about this? Why have you not asked any questions yet?

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2015, 04:01:46 am »

Dani, what do you have to say about this? Why have you not asked any questions yet?
Hello again. There is only myself to blame for that; I looked at my last game again and I asked maybe one context-related question for the six(?) days the game ran. It doesn't come naturally to me to take shots in the dark, but sure, I'll see what I can do.
Hmm.
A creature of habit.

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2015, 04:18:22 am »

In any case, Zormod's suspicion (and your concern) is reasonable. It the exact same scumread I had on him in the first place. Unvote
FoS Zormod, start getting in people's faces for the good of the town!

~~~

No lynching is a bad idea.
(...)
If this is serious, Vote Origami.
Given your desire for a no lynch and... I don't know if it's necessarily fishing for roles, really, but it's suspicious. I don't like it.
everyone: What are your thoughts on Origami's no-lynch suggestion, and what I think was role-fishing?
Hello hector. Why were you so desperate to paint origami as scum over a theory disagreement? But now
A creature of habit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2015, 01:56:47 pm »

Spoiler: Dani (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scripten (click to show/hide)

Dani: Why are you unvoting Zormod immediately after he puts a little pressure on you?

Peradon: Why are you unvoting Zormod and voting Dani for ostensibly the same reason you initially voted for Zormod? (lack of content, lurking)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2015, 02:59:59 pm »

Hello again. There is only myself to blame for that; I looked at my last game again and I asked maybe one context-related question for the six(?) days the game ran. It doesn't come naturally to me to take shots in the dark, but sure, I'll see what I can do.
Hmm.

This is kind of how I feel about these questions. If he is anything like me, then he isn't not posting questions because he is mafia, he is probably not doing it because he doesn't see a point.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2015, 05:34:51 pm »

Peradon: Why are you unvoting Zormod and voting Dani for ostensibly the same reason you initially voted for Zormod? (lack of content, lurking)
Because I feel like Dani is more of a threat. He has posted even less content than zormod, and he doesnt seem to be the type that would not try to scumhunt.

Scripten How do you view my changing my vote?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2015, 05:45:02 pm »

Peradon:

I dont see how these are contradictions. I was NOT defending origami. I was asked a question about my opinion, so I answered. I didnt say he was town, I said he seemed town. The reason I changed my tone in my post above was because I realised that we didnt really have anything on him, and he wasnt asking any questions worthwhile.

And I confronted mastahcheese because of the content of his questions. I could not have cared less about who he was questioning.

I cant really defend against this. All I can say is that I wasnt trying to buddy up with hector. He asked me my opinion, so I gave it. Why does this feel fake to you?

Fair enough. He sure seemed to be buddying up to you and you weren't really noticing or commenting on it, but earlier you brought up fears of me buddying you for significantly less of an interaction. Doesn't quite add up.

Scripten How do you view my changing my vote?

Neutral. I don't think Dani is scum due to my experience playing with him, but neither is your vote change particularly scummy.

OSG:

This is kind of how I feel about these questions. If he is anything like me, then he isn't not posting questions because he is mafia, he is probably not doing it because he doesn't see a point.

This is town only so far as it places content above noise as pro-town actions. You should all still be concentrating on talking to other players and establishing your reads. Don't be afraid to take part in the game. Be aggressive. Be proactive. Find the scum.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27