Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 216814 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Day 1 always ruins vacations
« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2015, 09:16:09 pm »

Half done my next post. Just poking in to add
Actually, just to make sure I'm not falsely seeing this, Everyone: is there a way to find all of a specific persons post within a thread? Like, searching, but for a poster rather than words.

Ctrl+F their signature is the best way I've discovered.
I've got one more that works:
Lurker Tracker
Cntrl+V "http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147607.0" into "Thread URL"
Put 77 into "Start (Optional)"
Sort by number of posts
Check "Clear db first" (and maybe "Disable Post Previews" if you have a slow computer)
Click "Track"
Wait a minute for it to load.
Each number that appears above a user's name is a link to their posts. Open those in a new tab and you can quickly jump between their posts.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2015, 09:31:10 pm »

Thanks Flabort, though NQT had already sent me the link. xD

Quote from: NQT
Yes, I hear that. I think their behaviour would make them lynch-worthy ordinarily. But they have claimed something that is superficially easy to test and the attention they've caused is likely to soak up night actions regardless. Is a town vigilante an asset your willing to so quickly discard? (This is a genuine question: people don't always think vigs are pro-town given the rate of misfire.)

If we assume 4 scum and 3 third-party roles, a town vig (in a 16 player game) would have a 7/15 chance (purely statistical and assuming no D1 Lynch) chance of hitting the right target. I think their usefulness increases as the game goes on, and (this is purely hypothetical) if I was a town vig I'd probably wait a night or two to actually kill someone unless I was particularly suspicious, so as to avoid shooting the sheriff. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the role, though.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2015, 09:40:42 pm »

I'll be PFPing until the end of the weekend, so just don't expect a soliloquy from me for a while.

NQT: we gain more information from lynching someone other than flabort only if there are no other roles with a night kill in the game. If there are and flabort is just gambling that there are, they'd either have to not shoot anyone tonight in order to prevent him from claiming responsibility or out themselves on day two, which would benefit the scum a lot more that it would us.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2015, 09:44:48 pm »

Remember the flavor, Deus. Vig kills have different flavor to Exty ones, for instance. (At least, Ithink they do.)
The circle is complete.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2015, 09:50:26 pm »

Remember the flavor, Deus. Vig kills have different flavor to Exty ones, for instance. (At least, Ithink they do.)
And vets?  any other character?
  Im not sure what is where afatg.

Thanks Flabort, though NQT had already sent me the link. xD

Yes, I hear that. I think their behaviour would make them lynch-worthy ordinarily. But they have claimed something that is superficially easy to test and the attention they've caused is likely to soak up night actions regardless. Is a town vigilante an asset your willing to so quickly discard? (This is a genuine question: people don't always think vigs are pro-town given the rate of misfire.)

If we assume 4 scum and 3 third-party roles, a town vig (in a 16 player game) would have a 7/15 chance (purely statistical and assuming no D1 Lynch) chance of hitting the right target. I think their usefulness increases as the game goes on, and (this is purely hypothetical) if I was a town vig I'd probably wait a night or two to actually kill someone unless I was particularly suspicious, so as to avoid shooting the sheriff. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the role, though.
Since I'm here.
  Yes, the vig is better as the game gets older.  He has more power to end a life, but also sacrifices his usefulness and lets the game progress as it would have.  If he dies without using his power he'll be a sad panda.

However.  He has a limited number of shots, usually, and can act as an investigator of sorts (in that the target dies and flips their role).

A compromised townie vig would be a fairly high target for scum.  A scum vig would be not so much, especially so if nobody wants to waste a role/night on them.
  Vig is a fairly powerful role, all things considered, and that makes his claim all the more suspect, because he had no real reason to pull the vig card at that point.

Flabort:

how goes that post?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2015, 09:50:57 pm »

Honestly, you could probably just CC the entire playerbase so we all know the information is there. Meph gave the okay for quoting PMs from dead players who had PMed you in the night before, so long as I didn't talk to them after night had formally ended.

Cheetar
The dishonesty and reframing of his reveal of it as an 'accident' because he claims to have not known people would ask questions about what he says in a Mafia game. I asked him to explain himself re: calling it an accident, and I don't believe his explanation.

Situations in which I want him left alive: He's a war vet and claimed vigilante so scum target him.

Situations in which I don't want him left alive: He's a non-dopp vigilante who will at best die tonight anyway.

So then- do I believe he was claiming because he wanted to lure in doppelgangers, or do I believe he was claiming because he felt under pressure (and thus is not likely to have been thinking about luring scum or anything)? I think the second.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2015, 10:02:26 pm »

As far as who I find Suspect, it's 4maskop/piswolf, Shakerag, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, ToonyMan, UXLZ, NQT, Jim Groovester, and Toaster, in that order. Yes, that's the majority of the players. No, I don't care to elaborate on why I feel that way right now, because the day would be over by the time I finished making this post.

It'd be nice to at least see reasons on the colorful players.
OK, I will try to get those tonight at least.
And a full reads over the weekend.
Link for finding and viewing posts by these players, that I didn't link.
Piskop/4maskwolf: Besides the fact that I don't believe his gambit is town-sided, here are the facts: I don't recall him saying what the 'other' reasons are, and As opposed to what assumption? 3 and 1? Where did this come from? Didn't you promise reads? This seems off, too.UXLZ was right, I hadn't snipped that line from when I snipped the role, Still don't remember why I did snip that.
((In his defense, I didn't expect it either but I got accuse of this too))
Shakerag: Uh, these answers aren't very helpful. They're too short, mostly. Also, I'm starting to wonder about those questions. Such as the ones pointed at me, Deus, and 4maskwolf in particular. This also doesn't tell us much, and it's his second biggest post until here, after the extension goes through. He's obviously reading the thread but not contributing here, he then has an exchange with Piskop. I don't know what to think about this.
((although This post is a point in his favor))
TheDarkStar: Part of the bottom four posters, in that he only has 6 posts (in order, Deathsword, ToonyMan, Persus13, and TheDarkStar have the least posts). Not much reason for his vote in Post #3, even if he was still catching up. He seems to think the gambit would have worked; is it possible he knew about it before I revealed it? Regardless, he hasn't accused anyone but me so far, not even in his biggest post. And I see those two posts as his only two productive posts, not counting his initial RVS questions.
Deathsword: No questions, proves he read the thread, says lurking is supicious. Lazy question towards pisskop, but proves he read the posts in question. Lazy bandwagon vote, followed by more active lurking and tunneling.

A couple others, as to explain why they didn't warrant blue text:
ToonyMan: LurkerTracker ties him with Deathsword, rates him lower for some reason but he does have longer posts so I rate him higher. While there are a few scummy things, you'll see though that I can't find much bad about him, and didn't FoS him. First post he votes for WHAT?! Jesus Wept, AKA shortest post ever, even if it's good advice. This post, while amusing, he doesn't elaborate on "Boy howdy". I could forgive "messing around" if you had a higher post count, I hope to see more activity from you over the weekend, since your week is booked; furthermore, I could of sworn you were the type of player to take notes instead of playing off the top of your head. If you can't remember specifics, why not write them down?
You-Excel-Zed: Second most posts, so not really that scummy. It's been proven that players that can be active generally aren't usually scummy unless every other post they make includes one or more slips (The case with pisswolf). A little bit of dodgyness answering a question, but it's answered. Invoking the dreaded word "wifom" Considering Xenobioligists helpful for the town may be faulty thinking, but it's explained very well[url=http://. [url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147607.msg5971981#msg5971981]Stole a question, not a big crime]. [url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147607.msg5971981#msg5971981]Stole a question, not a big crime. Are you considering fabricating a PM? Probably not. This post is iffy, but nothing stands out as to why. This one is odd for saying he/she hasn't done proper hunting, when it's clear he/she has. Most posts are valuable, there's less useless clutter than you think.That's a little mean, but makes sense..

Deathsword/Flabort, why are you voting Pisskop? Wolf's gambit might not have been as well executed as he'd like, but it does strike me as something a town-Wolf would have done. What did you hope to achieve in claiming vigilante.
I had hoped to gain some standing with the town, after I lost it all by being "underhanded", although I didn't try to be underhanded and didn't think I was being underhanded.
As far as why I'm voting him, see above.

Basically, flabort is as good as dead and I don't think he's scum anyway.
What does this mean? I guess you're not voting me, but the first bit sounds like you want me dead. And the rest of the post doesn't indicate that, but... Eh, it's probably nothing.

Flabort:

-Why have you not addressed me with any questions, considering I am the one you are voting?
  -Why did you claim with zero pressure on you?  tbh I cant even see scum doing that.
I've been busy with Real Life, and stressed out; too much to think straight. (Never thought I'd have to play the Real Life card, but there you go, I've been messing up this whole game because of it)

I'll ask you some questions now.

Which players do you intend to follow or watch if you're a reporter like 4mask claimed? Why?

What are your reads?

What do you think of Jim Groovester and Toaster so far? What do you think of Shakerag and TheDarkStar so far?

Business seems as usual here. Jim making a player replace out, 4maskwolf replacing out, some players jumping on the Flabort bandwagon, some players jumping on other players for jumping on the Flabort bandwagon.
Side note: I found this amusing. Like these events happen in every game we're in. :P
The Cyan Menace

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2015, 10:16:00 pm »

Man, the formatting for my part of the list got fuuucked.
Do you think you have enough time to post a clearer version of it?
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2015, 10:40:28 pm »

UXLZ
UXLZ/Scripten/Cheese: can you name a player other than Pisskop and Flabort that has done something suspicious today?

Tiruin feels like she's slipping under the radar a lot. Unless I'm missing something, she's made about six posts and three of them have been totally devoid of content.

Actually, just to make sure I'm not falsely seeing this, Everyone: is there a way to find all of a specific persons post within a thread? Like, searching, but for a poster rather than words.
Tiruin has apparently made 16 posts, but they've not all been contentful. Here's what you have to do to check:

Go to the lurker tracker. Put this url into the  (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147607.msg5971276#msg5971276) thread field. Click Sort By Number of Posts, and always check the box to clear the database first.

Tiruin, who is scummy today? You've managed to make 16 posts so far this game, so you can't have been too busy to make a case.
Hmm, perhaps my tracing record has been lacking to you, hmm?
The # of posts is more due to RL things at the moment--I don't have the same level of activity before due to working on many other things (though well-organized) at the moment.
However, 'who is scummy' seems to poke me again on your attitude of wording things, NQT >_> Like many other times before. Though I guess its also sometimes my mindset. Because you do this when town or scum I:<
...You could just say 'who seems scummy to you' :v (also my net died for a 'seemingly common now' 16 hours since last late afternoon yesterday. Yea that's my net <_<)

Cheetar -- leaning town, due to suggestion of a valid idea by which I cannot detect any fallibility in regards to it (unless we're playing Hivemind scenario...did this ever happen in a game with Dopps?)
    notquitethere -- :I Hard to read. Is NQT. Same standing with generally everyone else I didn't rank as 'leaning town' with paraphrasing.
    pisskop -- Uncertain. His demeanor is...very much pushing towards neutrality, as inferred by how he started the game as a replacement, and with the orientation of 'I saw what 4mask did', as well as having analyzed it given his initial attitude. I'm however leaning on giving him the benefit of the doubt, being a newbie. Relating my experiences with behavioral studies, it could also pertain to an innocent trying to 'fix up' what's wrong with how he saw the previous events, due to that past case of analyzing his predecessor. Further study is required.
    Jim Groovester -- ...Same as pisskop, but I need a re-read to refresh my radar.
    TheDarkStar -- ^
    Persus13 -- ^, however leaning town due to certain anomalies within his attitude pertaining to verbal and linguistic acuity. This matches with Toaster. His notation regarding flabort--which I consider is of significant mention pushes for further ideas on what is happening, instead of judging as is. Further study is required.
    Shakerag -- ...um. I'm unsure. He seems to be buddying with people, though not in the Mafia context of 'buddying', by that letter to Toaster?
    mastahcheese -- Leaning town. This is due to his attitude and manner of regarding others, as well as his posting habits (despite being busy IRL)
    ToonyMan -- same as above
    Deus Asmoth -- ^
    flabort -- Uncertain. His attitude is..awry, and very much contradictory at times. In reference to the earlier D1 event, its a strange case if he was scum with the intent of getting townpoints because of how his demeanor reacted to 4mask, but knowing the inbetween (ie RL idea as said before the game started in different threads...which could do with a bit of dealing with before playing...), my reads are pretty much modified after knowing that context.
    UXLZ -- Uncertain as the above, though partly leaning town due to how active he is--and not with why he's being active, but more on how he is...working with details at present. My parser of English requires further calibration, as does my radar here.
    Scripten -- On course of uncertain location. Requires calibration.
    Tiruin -- Hi! I'm town!
    Deathsword -- Uncertain reading. Requires calibration.
    Toaster -- Fuzzy read. Requires calibration.

And the 'further study is required' thing is more a reference to a beautiful game of experimental science than anything else related to Mafia (woo Creativity and insight!). I just noted how I worded pisskop and had the idea of appending the same idea.

Also if the argument of 'why aren't you voting' comes up again--its the weekend and the extension happened. Just trying to put most things into organization here. <_<

And I'm tired at the morning. Gahhh. x_x

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2015, 10:47:02 pm »

Man, the formatting for my part of the list got fuuucked.
Do you think you have enough time to post a clearer version of it?
Yes.
You-Excel-Zed: Second most posts, so not really that scummy. It's been proven that players that can be active generally aren't usually scummy unless every other post they make includes one or more slips (The case with pisswolf). A little bit of dodgyness answering a question, but it's answered. Invoking the dreaded word "wifom" Considering Xenobioligists helpful for the town may be faulty thinking, but it's explained very wellStole a question, not a big crime. Are you considering fabricating a PM? Probably not. This post is iffy, but nothing stands out as to why. This one is odd for saying he/she hasn't done proper hunting, when it's clear he/she has. Most posts are valuable, there's less useless clutter than you think.That's a little mean, but makes sense..
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2015, 10:57:56 pm »

Also on PMs...
> You may send 20 maximum per hour.
> You may have a maximum of 10 recipients per PM.
> The Reply to All functions to reply to all who were addressed in the LATEST PM in the conversation list.
> Do not forget to go to Profile > Modify Profile > Personal Messaging > CHECK THAT TICKBOX which lets you keep sent messages. It helps loads, yet is off/unticked by default

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2015, 10:58:30 pm »

NQT
UXLZ/Scripten/Cheese: can you name a player other than Pisskop and Flabort that has done something suspicious today?
TheDarkStar. I was even about to vote him before Pisskop got my attention.

Persus
Mastahcheese:
Persus13: I keep forgetting you're playing. I look back, and see you post plenty, but I keep forgetting you.
This is my third post of the game, so I've hardly posted plenty. Quit buddying, being unobservant or whatever.
I judge "posting" by the amount of content in them, not the number of posts themselves.
You don't make many individual posts, but your posts contain more context than most.
Hence, in my mind, you post plenty.

There's a Lurkertracker tool we have, but it's currently not working, I think. Can someone else confirm this?
Last time I tried it, I couldn't get it to work, either. Figured it was just me.

Shakerag

mastahcheese:  Feels like you've been kind of quiet over there.  What were you expecting to see from everyone's reads at this point in the game?
Been dealing with things.
I kinda expected that maybe some reads would perhaps steer some of the conversation away from the gambit mess, so we could have something meaningful to talk about. I'd try to just start a conversation to do that myself, but I'm terrible at that.
Basically, I was weary of the gambit discussion. I honestly didn't see us getting any more information out of it, and wanted to go back to actually trying to look through people's stuff.
However people decided to ignore my request for reads, and instead continue the questions on the damn gambit, so I have not felt like perpetuating it, because it feels fruitless.

Oh, so now people are giving reads?
That's fantastic.

Good thing we have the weekend now, I'm going to need it to sort anything out.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2015, 10:59:46 pm »

That's fantastic.

Sorry >_>
With net issues and helping a friend last night (despite net issues...which luckily cut out not when that was happening), I couldn't catch up as much as I wanted to.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2015, 11:10:04 pm »

That's fantastic.

Sorry >_>
With net issues and helping a friend last night (despite net issues...which luckily cut out not when that was happening), I couldn't catch up as much as I wanted to.
I'm not blaming you, Tiruin, I'm frustrated at the fact that my request apparently has a delay of multiple days.
(Unless it was only yesterday that I asked? My sense of time passage is god-awful.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2015, 01:28:14 am »

Ah, it was the wording of 'compelling arguments' wasn't it? That was a bit of a verbal cock-up, rather than 'arguments that show he is definitely scum', I meant something more along the lines of 'arguments that show this discussion is worth continuing with at the moment.'

Hrrrrrm. Okay.

Do you personally think the flabort/4maskwolf/pisskop kerfluffle is worth continuing to discuss?

The truth is that I kind of suck at D1 scum-hunting.

You and literally everybody else ever.

Jim
Basically, flabort is as good as dead and I don't think he's scum anyway. There are better uses for the lynch than a Day 1 vig claim.
There are better uses for the lynch... but you're not pushing an alternative case yourself?

Yeah yeah I know I'm not voting anybody.

As I mentioned, I suspect TheDarkStar but I want to look back and get a really good grip of what's going on in this game, and on him and flabort in particular.

And now that I've done that, I think I'll go ahead and vote TheDarkStar. His content is low and poor and his vote is more than a little bandwagony.

It looks like flabort made a mistake about PMs in this game and that initially got him into trouble, but his actions afterward are odd and murky and I can understand why people suspect him for those. But he's claimed vig which is an easy enough role to verify and a giant target so I don't see the point in lynching him right now.

Tiruin, who is scummy today? You've managed to make 16 posts so far this game, so you can't have been too busy to make a case.

Do you suspect Tiruin or are you pressuring her like your vote on ToonyMan?

You've moved your vote around a lot (or at the very least, enough for me to notice). Any clear suspects?

Honestly, you could probably just CC the entire playerbase so we all know the information is there. Meph gave the okay for quoting PMs from dead players who had PMed you in the night before, so long as I didn't talk to them after night had formally ended.

At that point the thread might as well remain unlocked during the night.

mess of links

Could you summarize the salient points of all your reads? Links are hard to follow and they don't express your point very well.

Basically, flabort is as good as dead and I don't think he's scum anyway.
What does this mean? I guess you're not voting me, but the first bit sounds like you want me dead. And the rest of the post doesn't indicate that, but... Eh, it's probably nothing.

Claiming vigilante puts a target on your back. Basically, anything anti-town wants you dead, if you're telling the truth, and it's only a matter of time before they decide you're worth killing, especially if you prove your vigilante status.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 106