Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 62031 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]
« Reply #525 on: February 07, 2015, 02:54:27 pm »

Can it still even stand? Let alone walk? It's got a missing foot on one leg and a damned big hole in the other.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 07, 2015, 03:05:24 pm »

Can it still even stand? Let alone walk? It's got a missing foot on one leg and a damned big hole in the other.
Strangely enough, the critical hit chart and the missing foot condition mention nothing about being unable to stand or walk - just permanent Agility damage. And the hole is non-Critical damage. I can do something about it if it's too ridiculous.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 07, 2015, 03:08:27 pm »

I dunno standing on one leg that's been shot through with a scorched head and pumping blood out through where your foot used to be?

I can see an ogryn attacking but they aren't graceful at the best of times. Can you see it hopping down the corridor on a wounded leg rapidly losing consciousness from bloodloss to continue the fight?

Its be dead in under a minute from blood loss alone even if it stopped fighting now unless we did something about it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 07, 2015, 03:29:58 pm »

And there's the problem with precise mechanics - sometimes you wind up with things that are pretty ridiculous in the abstract (like the foot thing mentioning no blood loss or mobility damage). Anyway, I will reword the bit about its leg being shot through - it's not losing blood through any lasgun wound, by the way, because lasrounds cauterize what they sever. And it's not hopping, since nobody moved since the last turn.

It's all very quick - the Ogryn rushes you two (I mentioned two steps, I believe), getting its head burned slightly in the process, makes an attack at Viverde, then starts making a second swing, loses a foot but carries the swing through. In in-game time, it's been like, seven seconds since the fight started, and it has no Wounds left now.

Making it stop would take an Intimidate roll, I'd say.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 07, 2015, 03:35:27 pm »

I use invisible castle, right?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 07, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »

I use invisible castle, right?
Aye. Any other roller is also okay as long as it saves rolls.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 07, 2015, 03:44:02 pm »

If it has no wounds shouldn't it be dead then? But yeah might need to mix mechanics and abstract to make things work.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 07, 2015, 04:14:31 pm »

If it has no wounds shouldn't it be dead then?
No. If you have no wounds, Critical Effects begin to apply. It's those that kill you.

Edit: Aseaheru, there's something fucky with your roll. Are you sure you've got the right url?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:16:02 pm by Avis-Mergulus »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 07, 2015, 04:16:27 pm »

It states elsewhere in the book that a missing foot halves mobility and provides -20 to all movement Actions and mobility-based Tests.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 07, 2015, 04:16:49 pm »

Time to go and re-read the rulebook. Looks like my friend changed more rules then I thought for our games.

Ahh well my odds of missing are tiny I should be able to end this fast now.
Caine's law.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 07, 2015, 04:17:10 pm »

if you quote his roll, you see he messed it up by putting the 99 in the url instead of between the tags. Whoops

Edit, as a matter of fact, he has the url between the tags and 99 where the url is supposed to go. ....how did you manage that?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:18:57 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 07, 2015, 04:27:18 pm »

it's a simple switch of assuming that in the tags is what the url is, like HTML

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 07, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »

Hell. I always mix that thing up. Hang on, Illl go fix it. And in any case I rolled a 99
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 07, 2015, 06:02:20 pm »

I've been reading critical damage tables from core rulebook listening to this. Sooooooo I had interesting pictures popping up in my head. OHGODWHY.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 07, 2015, 07:10:07 pm »

Melee attacks add the attacker's Str. Bonus (Unnatural Strength included) to damage. It still probably won't get past Viverde's armor and toughness bonus.

Posting after a while.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67