Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 61950 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]
« Reply #555 on: February 09, 2015, 09:29:10 am »

Oh, I see, you didn't disengaged from close-quaters. I thought you did that. Sorry.

What's life without having to constantly dodge an Ogryn with a cleaver? Long and peaceful, maybe, but not fit for A TRUE SERVANT OF THE EMPEROR!

I really should've made some quip before that last shot. A quipping Commissar can only be good for morale.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 09, 2015, 09:30:41 am »

I'm tempted to try a takedown on the Ogryn to end this with it alive. But it's, well, an Ogryn. And I don't have a death wish.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:27 am »

And I don't have a death wish.

I begin to question your dedication to the God-Emperor.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 09, 2015, 09:36:47 am »

I can serve the emperor more alive slaying his foes then dead with my head twisted off by an Ogryn.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 09, 2015, 09:54:26 am »

Serve the Emperor, and you may die.
Turn away from Him, and you die for sure.

Ecclesiarchy - making your choices easier is our pleasure
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 09, 2015, 12:46:21 pm »

If commissar says, can trooper disobey? Diego will help the guy to walk, of course. It would be nice if you'd rewrite the thing, Avis.
Will do in an hour or so, and another hour to update.
Is it possible to try Dodges without Knowing the skill? I know it's unlikely to succeed, but anyway.

I also wonder if I could Parry with my bolt pistol? Sure, it'd probably shatter and never be repaired, but it's not like I'll hit anything with it anyway.
You can parry with the pistol, and it will probably even survive the ordeal. Dodges, though - you only get one reaction per turn, and a parry makes more sense since you have it trained.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 09, 2015, 04:35:17 pm »

Is it possible to try Dodges without Knowing the skill? I know it's unlikely to succeed, but anyway.

I also wonder if I could Parry with my bolt pistol? Sure, it'd probably shatter and never be repaired, but it's not like I'll hit anything with it anyway.

You can Dodge untrained at -20. As for Parrying, I don't remember if there's an absolute ruling on it. The GM said it's ok so it's ok.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 09, 2015, 05:23:50 pm »

You'd be surprised, bolt pistols are surprisingly sturdy weapons. Commissar weapons need to be able to survive both firing, and pistol whipping because sometimes, just sometimes a good old fashion pistol whipping is more effective than a bolt round.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 09, 2015, 06:14:21 pm »

"You have, however, been temporarily recruited to assist us in whatever endeavors may come in the near future in exchange for not being executed. It is a fair deal. Tech-priest Amets, do you think you could open that lock so we may check the box's contents? A good auspex reading beforehand would also come in handy."[/color] he says, turning his eyes to Marn. "Trooper Marn, I assume you have your auspex. We need a scan."

Wait, I thought you where elsewhere, leaving me to guard the box by myself.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 09, 2015, 06:25:06 pm »

We just walked back to it.

You'd be surprised, bolt pistols are surprisingly sturdy weapons. Commissar weapons need to be able to survive both firing, and pistol whipping because sometimes, just sometimes a good old fashion pistol whipping is more effective than a bolt round.
Indeed; there are a couple of ways weapons used to parry can get busted (against Power Weapons, or with the Light Weight modification), but neither apply here.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:26:49 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 09, 2015, 06:27:26 pm »

Ah, good to know.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 09, 2015, 06:52:55 pm »

@Patrick: I don't think we have micro-beads or vox-casters so readily available.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 09, 2015, 06:54:23 pm »

We don't.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 09, 2015, 06:55:13 pm »

We must have some means of communicating when we're not together. We'd be incapable of doing our jobs without it.
Caine's law.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 09, 2015, 06:56:28 pm »

SHOUTING VERY LOUDLY
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 67