Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 62213 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well he did say if Harb and Hax don't show he'll run with 8 for easier management.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Burns mostly healed, arms functioning acceptably, character rolling.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4756081/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4756084/

WS   32
BS   31
S   33
T   35
A   36
I   33
P   29
W   37
F   36

Hmmmm. Huggles the friendly Techpriest it is. It may not be able to see where you are, but if it can stumble into you it has plenty of limbs for the hugging.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:02:26 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did Huggles read Magos Klines' reference tomes on initiating conversation with the uninitiated? Because I think hugs aren't there.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Characteristics roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4756081/
Toughness re-roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4756084/
Wounds roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4757029/     :D
Fate roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4757030/

I note we still have the basic Flak vest (assuming Powder Miner didn't find something to get rid of it I missed), despite having better armour included in our basic gear list. Would it be possible to trade it in for a point-cost offset on the Carapace, Avis? Say, 8 points (the cost of adding a piece of gear of Average availability, ie the cost of the vest)?

Did Huggles read Magos Klines' reference tomes on initiating conversation with the uninitiated? Because I think hugs aren't there.
Nonsense, everyone knows being hugged by part-mechanical tentacle cultists is the best way to brighten a day.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:49:33 pm by Harbingerjm »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

NO SOLDIER IT IS PART OF YOUR BASIC KIT THE MERE THOUGHT IS HERESY HOW COULD YOU

On a different note, I don't think a tech-priest can be suspicious of machine spirits, or that one can complete tech-priest training without being able to read Gothic and Techna-lingua. So you should get the appropriate Linguistics traits and remove the suspicious talent.
The Linguistics thing also applies to the Progenium-educated Commissars and stormie, if you haven't done it already.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

NO SOLDIER IT IS PART OF YOUR BASIC KIT THE MERE THOUGHT IS HERESY HOW COULD YOU

On a different note, I don't think a tech-priest can be suspicious of machine spirits, or that one can complete tech-priest training without being able to read Gothic and Techna-lingua. So you should get the appropriate Linguistics traits and remove the suspicious talent.
Regarding the suspicious trait, it doesn't really matter either way because Amets has training in the three skills it covers, so it doesn't apply.
As far as Gothic (Low or High) is concerned, I just figured that Amets has learned mostly through demonstration, with the aid of that handy-dandy Memorance unit. Of course, having a dataslate I can't read is kind of hilarious, and it does make sense that at least someone in the regiment needs to be able to write (because paperwork, duh) (plus, given that almost every Homeworld is supposed to have it by default, it makes sense it would be left out of the skill list of classes that really should have it).
I don't think Techna Lingua is supposed to be included in the basic Tech Priest package, though; generally, like extensive augmentation or a grasp on fancy technological/mathematic concepts, you have more of it/are better at it the further up the heirarchy you go; a very junior Tech Priest like Amets can probably manage to send out a self-identification and maybe a few basic servitor commands and little else. Surely if it was supposed to be covered in basic training it would be included in the Techpriest starting skill list? I mean, you are the GM and what you say goes, but I honestly don't think my character should get the extra skill.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

oh hey
there ye are
Amets gon hug some muthafukkas

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know me and Caellath changes to Schola Progenium and took the related skills I'm not sure if Digital did.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, I didn't. Though Fluency makes zero sense - I'll drop if the GM thinks it okay - I want to keep the rest of the world traits and bonuses. I'll let Caellath be Nerd Commissar.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, I didn't. Though Fluency makes zero sense - I'll drop if the GM thinks it okay - I want to keep the rest of the world traits and bonuses. I'll let Caellath be Nerd Commissar.
Yeah, that should be okay.

@Harb: dang, I was sure techpriests got lingua-technis with the specialty. Yeah, it appears you're right.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it gives me a reason to ignore your orders :). A commissar who failed part of his training would be seen as even lower then an inquisitorial storm trooper by a stormie.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it gives me a reason to ignore your orders :). A commissar who failed part of his training would be seen as even lower then an inquisitorial storm trooper by a stormie.
In fact, nah. It is not any soldier's place to judge whether a commissar is "proper" or not. You need only know that he is there and watching you - if he has the sash and the hat, then an Imperial authority has judged him worthy of them. Plus, ignoring his orders gives him a reason to ventilate your cranium.

Not sure what's so bad about Inquisitorial stormtroopers - an Ordo stormie's bound to be one of the best.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're outsiders who were granted training as storm troopers for political reasons. To the progena they're outsiders and inferiors who lack the personal traits to be one of them and are never accepted.
Which makes it lucky that they never join a squad after training.

A commissar who failed to complete training that even an inferior did would be seen as even worse by them.
Caine's law.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

What part of his training do you think he failed? He's just keeping his world bonus, not declaring himself a failure.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Part of Progena training is to make them highly educated and literate. He lacks that literacy which means he failed in a part of his training.

Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 67