Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 62222 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

3 Commissars... Please, nooooooooo.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

You know what would be hilarious? Nine commissars and one sergeant who has to deal with them all.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what would be hilarious? Nine commissars and one sergeant who has to deal with them all.

What kind of heresy is that?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Oh gods... Better yet, nine commissars and a storm trooper, since then there is so companions in the group...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

What kind of heresy is that?
I personally find the IG attitude towards (most) Commissars to be hilarious, and I have this image in my head of a beleaguered sergeant having to deal with a ton of them... kinda like a office manager dealing with dumbass executives. Just really, really amusing for some reason.

Those guys making short clips on Imperial Guard are rather entertaining.
This is surprisingly amusing, but this link is to the beginning of the series.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, I watched it all a while ago - commissars punchline doesn't change through the whole series though, still, it's hilarious.

Speaking of beginning of the whole thing, it started with a song clip.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:41:35 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Abnett is know for exaggerating in his books: Inquisitor Eisenhorn, about whom he had a series of novels, managed to do such things as
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, but that's Eisenhorn. He's an Inquisitor, so he's supposed to be sorta overboard. Besides, Mitchell and whoever thought up Yarrik agree with him, and real-life Commissars were usually also one per regiment.

You see, a Commissar is outside the chain of command, meaning he has no factual rank in most cases (with some exceptions like Gaunt and our very own Commissar, who'll get to be a Lieutenant-Commissar if no Sergeant turns up), but he can shoot anybody who disagrees with him in the face. In practice, that means he can directly contradict the decisions of the regiment's commanding officer. That's enough trouble on its own, without there being fifteen of the little bastards running around contradicting each other. One Commissar and one Junior Commissar are enough.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The later Gaunt books have like 6 Commissars at once for the Ghosts. Unsurprisingly, some of them get cut down soon enough. I'd still not recommend ONLY COMMISSARS: COMMISSAR WAR.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The later Gaunt books have like 6 Commissars at once for the Ghosts. Unsurprisingly, some of them get cut down soon enough. I'd still not recommend ONLY COMMISSARS: COMMISSAR WAR.
In fact, the maximum number of full Commissars at all time was three, I think. Ludd, Gaunt, and Novobazky. Before that just Gaunt and Hark, with Ludd as a junior Commissar.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well this is gonna be fun if the other 2 don't show up. We look like a command squad who got assigned to the wrong unit by a computer error.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well this is gonna be fun if the other 2 don't show up. We look like a command squad who got assigned to another unit by Emperors will.

FTFY, mind the commissars
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:37:27 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well this is gonna be fun if the other 2 don't show up. We look like a command squad who got assigned to the wrong unit by a computer error.
I juuuust might run with that. We'll see.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of Munitorum errors causing Guardsmen to suffer - Fifteen hours is a good novel about it.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 67