Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507479 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #420 on: March 15, 2016, 10:29:43 am »

Not sure about the strategic aspect of forcing a direction for sieges, but I must say visually it's really looking good. Separating your forces in Attila worked well for siege, but it's mainly due to the AI weakness(in single player).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 15, 2016, 10:37:41 am »

Eh. I agree it's a bit of a cop out but their siege AI has always been jack fucking crapshit beyond worthless garbage.

Their field AI was always pretty impressive though, especially on higher difficulties where it was unbound.

So maybe they got too lazy to do the siege AI or they finally gave up, haha.

One thing though is that they'll make sieges in MP a lot more simple. So that kinda sucks.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 15, 2016, 10:44:40 am »

I like the idea, at least.  Every siege should be Helm's Deep.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 15, 2016, 10:57:51 am »

That is true. Also, maybe with less of the cities traversable, they'll be able to have more variants?

@umiman: I think I've been able to make use of short comings in the A.I. in nearly all of the Total War games since Rome 1. The biggest issue I remember having in Rome 1, Medieval 2 and Empire was that the enemy A.I. would sometimes get stuck and stand around doing nothing. In Rome 1 and Medieval 2 this would happen if all of their siege weapons, towers and ladders were destroyed. Empire it was more the design of the forts and my access to mortars.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 15, 2016, 05:39:38 pm »

The game looks great. The thing I'm worried about tough is variety.

I remember watching the Orks vs Bretonnia Battle, and the other Showcase battles for that matter, and one thing that struck me is that it seems unit variety in general for races might be a little low.

They have the essentials. Orks had both a melee and a ranged Boyz variant, I could see Black orcs and Boar riders. And then you have the monstrous units (Which seem to be Giants and Trolls for Greenskins). I'm very curious how the entire roster looks tough. I was allready dissapointed that there seems to be no big distinction on Goblins and Orks, and you just recruit both at your leisure. And with Gobbos probably just being Small Orks Statwise, there might not be that much of a motivation for you to actually have Goblin focused armies.

The big plus behind this being a Warhamemr game, for me at least, is being able to play around with all of the silly and awesome stuff each army has. And I really do hope those rosters are big and varied. It would be said if my Greenskin armies literally allways consist of a dozen Boyz, a couple Black Orcs, Boar riders and then one or two Trolls and/or Giants. That's gonna get boring really quickly. Altough I still expect a LOT of mileage to come out of the Legendary Lords.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 15, 2016, 07:35:24 pm »

Stream on TwitchTV starts shortly (25 min).

Total War: Warhammer under games.

TotalWarOfficial channel.

It's a game. Have fun.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 15, 2016, 07:43:15 pm »

The Orc v Bret video was early game.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 15, 2016, 07:48:00 pm »

The Undead really got my interest piqued in the game. As a kid and teen they were the fantasy army I was always fascinated with but was unable to afford or really paint to do it justice. (Chaos was much cheaper to play and shit paint jobs didn't look quite as shit on them.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 15, 2016, 07:59:19 pm »

1 min until livestream on twitchTV!
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 15, 2016, 08:02:03 pm »

It's Vamps. Yay.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2016, 08:34:58 pm »

Looks like they've tidied up cav charges (the wolf riders punched a nice crescent into the zombies, and the black knights just squashed those fleeing greenies), and unit movement as well as available info looks tight.

He should have Dansed some units, and used Manfred more than just 1v1 though. No raises either (although they're available).

3 more hours of stream to go though.
It's a game. Have fun.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2016, 08:37:58 pm »

Manny's face in the background of that interview.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know why, but I can't help but laugh at his expression.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 15, 2016, 08:41:38 pm »

Hmmmm. Limit of 2 raises per battle..... Still sounds fun. Probably balance related.
It's a game. Have fun.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 15, 2016, 08:47:56 pm »

I'm a bit sad that you can't put heroes inside units. It was weird to watch him just take a charge from like a billion wolf riders head on. Still, looking cool. I'm glad the black knights are so suitably devastating. Here's hoping for blood knights that can really wreck.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 16, 2016, 01:01:40 am »

I can't remember seeing any decent woods/forests in any of the games so far. Trees dotted about (even in the orc campaign), but no real defensive features, escarpments, anti-cav or flyer areas.

I wonder if black knights will have the spirit rider thingy (no terrain penalties) in the full game?

You'd think gob spiders would have it at least.

A decent terrain system with +/-'s to various units is all this really needs to be fun (much like normal Warhammer). But right now terrain seems to be hills with window dressing and the odd objective. It'll probably change before release though.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:07:47 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 277