Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Wizard Chat  (Read 11978 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Chat
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2015, 05:21:49 pm »

Unless you have experience in the field, I would not suggest it. There are many risks to mortals when engaging in such trade, which you are unlikely to have the knowledge, experience and preparation to avoid. I would advice you suggest this wizard go to one who regularly engages in such trade, and has a reputation as a trustworthy dealer.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2015, 05:32:10 pm »

I say go for it, just try backing your memories up before hand.
Er, how am I supposed to do that? The book has nothing on it and I don't exactly have anyone around to show me the ropes.
Quick googling reveals...
Apparently, a cheap way to back your memories up is by mixing baking soda with your own blood. It's one of those 'post-modern mages' bullshit sites, though, so be careful with that.
Also, on time travel stuff: apparently if you initiate it you won't lose much memories. Just don't try intentionally causing paradoxes, that's how stuff like Belfast happens.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2015, 06:08:31 pm »

Unless you have experience in the field, I would not suggest it. There are many risks to mortals when engaging in such trade, which you are unlikely to have the knowledge, experience and preparation to avoid. I would advice you suggest this wizard go to one who regularly engages in such trade, and has a reputation as a trustworthy dealer.
I am no mortal!
But yes I believe you are right.
Maybe if I hired a broker of some sort to make sure it's legit?
No no no that would cost too much money
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2015, 06:14:23 pm »

There are many risks to the existence-impaired when engaging in such trade, which you are unlikely to have the knowledge, experience and preparation to avoid.
I am no mortal!
My apologies. I have removed the slur. No offence was intended.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:32:55 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2015, 06:15:12 pm »

None further taken

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2015, 08:26:05 pm »

Demons are all about Deals and equal trade, maybe one would be willing to notary the deal, in return for some basic stuff. I have a trusted family demon that we take our contracts to, Managed to keep from getting gypped by a genie using that.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2015, 08:33:17 pm »

Personally I'm rather proud to still technically be mortal.

A great many bridges burn when you give up mortality. Granted, a great many more bridges are built, but most of those can be built by, ah...extending one's mortality, as I have done, as well.

But I am somewhat of an oddball by wizard standards anyway, I've found. Still keep my morals around, after all. Had a nice display case built for them actually. Mahogany and polished crystal.

Apologies for using this as an avenue of trade, but I've been looking for a few animated servants recently, for cleaning and the like since my last few had some...existential crises. Is anyone willing to sell? I'm afraid I'm rather terrible at designing the necessary Magical Intelligences, and nothing I've found at the dimensionally local shops has been up to my standards.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2015, 08:46:49 pm »

Apologies for using this as an avenue of trade, but I've been looking for a few animated servants recently, for cleaning and the like since my last few had some...existential crises.
Out of curiosity, was it something like this?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2015, 09:21:52 pm »

Demons are all about Deals and equal trade, maybe one would be willing to notary the deal, in return for some basic stuff. I have a trusted family demon that we take our contracts to, Managed to keep from getting gypped by a genie using that.
Yeah, deals and equal trade? Good luck with that: the only thing a demon wants is your soul. They might say otherwise, but they're lying. Family demons may have a bit more compassion but once you go full on underworld demons are like lawyers: the only laws and rules they care about are the ones with loopholes.
No offence to demons, several of my best friends are demonic.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2015, 10:22:00 pm »

How do I undo a transmogrify to cat spell? Need it urgently.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2015, 10:23:30 pm »

Do you have another cat? Simply use it to cast a human transmogrification spell on you.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2015, 10:42:47 pm »

Doesn't that sometimes result in gender switching?
... Which isn't a bad thing, if that's your thing.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2015, 11:28:31 pm »

Quote from: Rolepgeek link=topic=147504.msg5956669#msg5956669
Apologies for using this as an avenue of trade, but I've been looking for a few animated servants recently, for cleaning and the like since my last few had some...existential crises. Is anyone willing to sell? I'm afraid I'm rather terrible at designing the necessary Magical Intelligences, and nothing I've found at the dimensionally local shops has been up to my standards.
I've got a good chunk of zed I can lay off and give to you if you want, keep in mind they are trying to form a workers union still. Skeletal butlers can be slow at times....

Also I'm technicaly mortal in the sense that I die but I just get plopped into the body of my first son's first son's first son. And so does my grandfather get placed in my son. And my father into my grandson. I don't entirly understand it as we've only been through (8?) generations, but it does help with not having to worry about cutting ties with loved ones, mostly because a good bit of your memories are lost in the transfer but eh my family has some pretty good book keepers.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2015, 11:46:28 pm »

I don't seem to be able to repeat the circumstances in which I created Heph. I thought I had it, but the suit of armor I was binding into melted, and no trace of a spirit was felt. I'm getting close, though, since that implied fire which implied I might be pointing at the right plane now.

As far as animated servants go, though, the ones I made before making Heph and while trying to recreate the circumstances are perfect. Completely brainless and immortal, no desire to kill or do anything autonomously (they stand perfectly still if you don't command them), and as strong as fifty zed, while being as quick as a skeleton. And they can understand and follow complex directions, unlike zed and skeletons. The problem used to be finding empty suits of armor to bind spirits into, or taking the time to make them; Heph eliminated this problem for me and I can make as many as I want. I could rent you a few. I'm afraid if you want a genuine MI instead of a undead, I can't help you though, since I haven't dabbled in that field for some time.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2015, 12:13:28 am »

If I did it right, this post should appear here about 6 hours after casting. Hello, future!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11