Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546246 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Marine LePen's Eurabian Politics Megathread
« Reply #15780 on: April 01, 2016, 07:46:42 am »

Wtf this isn't Europol thread
Apparently, we have been anschlussed. 

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15781 on: April 01, 2016, 07:50:28 am »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: April 01, 2016, 07:58:39 am »

Wtf this isn't Europol thread
Apparently, we have been anschlussed.
Dang Eurabians.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15783 on: April 01, 2016, 08:46:22 am »

*points at date*

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: April 01, 2016, 08:49:49 am »

This is a truth.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: April 01, 2016, 02:19:45 pm »

Bernie Sanders’ campaign is firing back at Hillary Clinton after she said she was “so sick” of them lying about her contributions from the fossil fuel industry.

Jeff Weaver, Sanders’ campaign manager, on Friday called Clinton’s statement “disappointing” and untrue, pointing to research from Greenpeace that shows she’s not just receiving money from “individuals” who happen to work in the oil, coal and gas industry, but from 57 industry lobbyists, including 11 who have bundled more than $1 million to help put her in the White House.

Counting money given to a pro-Clinton super PAC, the fossil fuel industry has donated more than $4.5 million in support of Clinton’s bid, he said in a statement.

“If the Clinton campaign wants to argue that industry lobbyists giving thousands of dollars to her campaign won’t affect her decisions if she’s elected, that’s fine,” he said. “But to call us liars for pointing out basic facts about the secretary’s fundraising is deeply cynical and very disappointing.”

Greenpeace research link is worth a read.

Or if you're really bored and want to read someone try to pigeonhole people in the Republican primary race into fitting in a Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan analogy, http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/31/white-house-trek-2016-the-wrath-of-trump/

I wonder if he was paid per word.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:23:57 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15786 on: April 01, 2016, 02:43:50 pm »

That article sounds like April Fools sillyness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15787 on: April 01, 2016, 03:19:02 pm »

Aye, wait till tomorrow till everyone stops saying it was just a prank bro

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: April 01, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

Aye, wait till tomorrow till everyone stops saying it was just a prank bro

Eurabian niiiiights, like Eurabian daaaaays, are hotter than hot in a lot of good waaaays
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: April 01, 2016, 06:00:19 pm »

So. A few hours ago, two smugglers were caught on-camera scaling the Mexican border in Arizona:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS6jOoJf_WI

15 seconds. 15 freakin' seconds. If you ever need to explain to someone why Trump's wall is a terrible idea in the simplest terms possible, please do me a favor and show them this video.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: April 01, 2016, 06:04:27 pm »

All that really tells us is that the previous wall is inadequate, which we all knew already. The new one would presumably address issues like "it has handholds that people can climb."
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: April 01, 2016, 06:14:10 pm »

Yes. To deter climbers, ze perfect vall vill be lined vith sharp razors, flesh-eating bacteria, and radioactive waste.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15792 on: April 01, 2016, 06:20:51 pm »

All that really tells us is that the previous wall is inadequate, which we all knew already. The new one would presumably address issues like "it has handholds that people can climb."
Also does anyone think walls are left unmanned?

Here's a good tale. Being descended from the Trojan hero Aeneas, the twin brothers Romulus and Remus were born from a vestal virgin and the god Mars (basically twin warrior Jesus before Jesus became cool, they were so underground). Long story short they set out on whacky adventures and wished to set up a city, incapable of deciding whether to build on one hill or the other, and even their interpretations of augurs goes nowhere. Remus mocks Romulus's city and wall out of banter, but one day his wicked bullying goes too far and after jumping over Romulus's wall, Romulus kills him with a shovel. Remorseful, he buries Remus.
That city
Became
Adolf Hitler Rome

But seriously though who builds unmanned walls
If you get a decent wall for no cost, sure that's sweet
But the real cost is manpower

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15793 on: April 01, 2016, 06:27:54 pm »

The Chinese :P

Not that the great wall was actually unmanned, but, you know.  Not enough to actually stop anyone from getting through.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: April 01, 2016, 06:30:00 pm »

The Chinese :P

Not that the great wall was actually unmanned, but, you know.  Not enough to actually stop anyone from getting through.
Genghis Khan just went around it :)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1342