Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544351 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #10680 on: January 30, 2016, 08:52:11 am »

Trump bailing on the debate is starting to pay dividends -- Cruz is down 5 in Iowa in the last week, losing most of that to Rubio.

Think about it -- he knows Cruz has become the leading Anti-Trump, and he knows the entire field are a bunch of cannibalistic jackals who will instinctively attack the front-runner. By stepping out of the light for an evening, it made Cruz the front-runner at the debate, and the jackals did not disappoint. Plus, Rubio can smell a potential 2nd place finish if he can just bring down Señor Canadian.

This is a big part of why Rubio's pivoted to attacking Cruz instead of Christie, because Christie's no threat to anyone at this point. Except maybe to the proprietors of an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: January 30, 2016, 09:12:03 am »

CURSE YOU, TRUMP!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: January 30, 2016, 09:15:41 am »

I stand by my view of the hot hand fallacy in action.  If the republican field solidifies around Rubio, that's pretty much the worse possible situation for Trump.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: January 30, 2016, 09:17:22 am »

@mainiac:The what now?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: January 30, 2016, 09:55:06 am »

Politics is not game of chance, though. :V

This was interesting reading and might be informative:
http://thefederalist.com/2015/12/16/military-strategist-explains-why-donald-trump-leads-and-how-he-will-fail/

Oh, and I noticed a parody of trump on the sidebar and it's pretty great: http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/27/donald-trump-let-me-tell-you-about-smaug/
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: January 30, 2016, 10:44:51 am »

@mainiac:The what now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot-hand_fallacy

Basically just because Trump has lucky breaks in the past doesn't mean he will have lucky breaks in the future.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: January 30, 2016, 11:09:24 am »

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/27/donald-trump-let-me-tell-you-about-smaug/

Pssssh, this just goes to show that Trump doesn't understand how the game is really played.  Gondor was a Yuuuuuuuge success.  Elendil?  What a negotiator, what a classy guy.  That guy started out with nothing!  He said he wanted to make a kingdom in the east and his father was like "whoa, we dont build in that part of Middle Earth, that's Istari territory."  But he started out with nothing, he borrowed a warfleet from his father and he goes east and he runs the whole city?  Why?  Because the Middle Men didn't build anymore.  Elendil, that guy is a builder.  Amandil, Isildur, they build stuff.  Isildur,  he builds the White City, he builds Osgiliarth.  He makes jobs for the Middle Men and they let him run the place because the guy is a winner, he knows how to negotiate.  He knows how to go to Sauron and say "hey, you want to come into my country and work, well you gotta pay for that privilege."  And how?  Because the Dunedain are the best people in Middle Earth and they deserve the best military in Middle Earth.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: January 30, 2016, 07:10:54 pm »

Well, in the last iowa polls released (THE last one, as in no more), Clinton and Trump have narrow leads. So, it's going to be a real tossup.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: January 30, 2016, 07:12:52 pm »

If Trump wins the nomination, I might have to register to vote.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: January 30, 2016, 07:18:47 pm »

Might be a good idea to find out when the deadline is for that in your state.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: January 30, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »

Well, in the last iowa polls released (THE last one, as in no more), Clinton and Trump have narrow leads. So, it's going to be a real tossup.

Though that all depends where O'Malley's 7% goes. It's even more narrow for the Democrat field as a result, because of that ambiguity.

You mean 3%, but the margin of error is 4.0 percentage points (I assume that means an error of 4%). The split between Clinton and Sanders is wthin that and the Trump-Cruz split is close to that, so, it could go anywhere on both sides.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: January 30, 2016, 08:54:41 pm »

FEEL THE BERN.
Sigtext

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: January 30, 2016, 09:03:31 pm »

Bernie sanders recorded an album in the eighty's:

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/30/464736315/behind-the-music-bernie-sanders

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: January 31, 2016, 12:07:06 am »

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: January 31, 2016, 12:55:31 am »

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/27/donald-trump-let-me-tell-you-about-smaug/

Pssssh, this just goes to show that Trump doesn't understand how the game is really played.  Gondor was a Yuuuuuuuge success.  Elendil?  What a negotiator, what a classy guy.  That guy started out with nothing!  He said he wanted to make a kingdom in the east and his father was like "whoa, we dont build in that part of Middle Earth, that's Istari territory."  But he started out with nothing, he borrowed a warfleet from his father and he goes east and he runs the whole city?  Why?  Because the Middle Men didn't build anymore.  Elendil, that guy is a builder.  Amandil, Isildur, they build stuff.  Isildur,  he builds the White City, he builds Osgiliarth.  He makes jobs for the Middle Men and they let him run the place because the guy is a winner, he knows how to negotiate.  He knows how to go to Sauron and say "hey, you want to come into my country and work, well you gotta pay for that privilege."  And how?  Because the Dunedain are the best people in Middle Earth and they deserve the best military in Middle Earth.
Look, we can't focus on anything till we secure the border with Mordor. When Mordor sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people with all kinds of problems. They're sending Orcs. They're sending Wargs. They're sending Nazgûl. And I some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to the guards at Osgiliath and they're telling us what we're getting.

Merry and Pippin? War heroes? They're not war heroes. They're war heroes because they got captured. I like hobbits who weren't captured.

Meh, that original article was from The Federalist, which is like Breitbart with a nicer suit. I mean, there's an article on there about how the Democrats are the party of Palpatine and the Empire, and a lament from a guy who got a cable package that didn't have FOX about how unbalanced and biased the news is without it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 1342